Smart_Roadster's GT2 Weekly Time Trial Challenge - Restarting

Ha! Kingofweasles also found the Griffith more challenging!

Not sure if you care, but it looks like you may have taken this as more of a challenge than it needed to be. I went to Sunday Cup Red Rock and did test laps, like 15-20 with each car, and used my best time from that. Looks like you went and ran the race a few times instead of doing test laps. Which if you take twice as much time doing it should give you about the same best single lap time, but only if you're looking at the second lap time to report and not combined best time, since the total best time could come when you have a really fast 1st lap and a slower 2nd lap.

But, just taking what you've given us, your result would be:

Griffith: 1:23.039 best lap
Cerbera: 1:20.615 best lap (which is very close to what both karelpipa and I could do...)
total: 2:43.654

I actually went and did around 15 Laps with each car, then went and did two races in each car. I guess I was so thorough in how to analyze my times that I misunderstood eaxctly what time I was looking for...

no worries, it was my mistake.

and thanks for joining in! very close competition here it appears!

also,
Let ideas come :sly:

2L sports cars at Trial Mountain, including:
MR2 TRD2000GT
ZZIII
Silvia 270R NISMO
MX-5 C Spec
S2000
CLK 200 Sport
Tom's 280T

all with racing flywheel, weight reduction stage 1, sports suspension, and:

TRD2000GT: win the 1st MR event, then give it close gears, and add semi-racing exhaust and racing intercooler upgrades to boost hp to 302.

ZZIII: win the Pure Sport event at Deep Forest, give it super-close gears and add sports exhaust for 192hp.

Silvia 270R NISMO: win at 2nd FR event, and add racing exhaust and racing intercooler upgrades for 296hp.

MX-5/Miata C Spec: win any NA tuned event, random 1 in 4 chance of winning it, give it close gears and add stage 1 turbo, semi-racing exhaust, and ROM upgrades for 260hp.

S-2000: buy new, give close gears and add stage 2 NA tuning and semi-race exhaust for 295hp.

CLK 200 Sport: buy new, give close gears and add stage 3 turbo for 323hp.

Tom's 280T: buy new, give close gears and add stage 1 turbo and semi-race exhaust for 312hp.

and for rules, your best lap times are added together for two of the cars you try.

Last edited:
jeffgoddin
no worries, it was my mistake.

and thanks for joining in! very close competition here it appears!

also,

2L sports cars at Trial Mountain, including:
MR2 TRD2000GT
ZZIII
Silvia 270R NISMO
MX-5 C Spec
S2000
CLK 200 Sport
Tom's 280T

all with racing flywheel, weight reduction stage 1, sports suspension, and:

TRD2000GT: win the 1st MR event, then give it close gears, and add semi-racing exhaust and racing intercooler upgrades to boost hp to 302.

ZZIII: win the Pure Sport event at Deep Forest, give it super-close gears and add sports exhaust for 192hp.

Silvia 270R NISMO: win at 2nd FR event, and add racing exhaust and racing intercooler upgrades for 296hp.

MX-5/Miata C Spec: win any NA tuned event, random 1 in 4 chance of winning it, give it close gears and add stage 1 turbo, semi-racing exhaust, and ROM upgrades for 260hp.

S-2000: buy new, give close gears and add stage 2 NA tuning and semi-race exhaust for 295hp.

CLK 200 Sport: buy new, give close gears and add stage 3 turbo for 323hp.

Tom's 280T: buy new, give close gears and add stage 1 turbo and semi-race exhaust for 312hp.

and for rules, your best lap times are added together for two of the cars you try.

Looks like a fun challenge

ah, with all those cars it would be loong to find out thich is best :)

You can just pick 2 or 3, if you think you already know which are fastest, but out of these cars the only two which I've raced a lot are the 270R and 280T, so I'm looking forward to seeing how the others compare.

I'm guessing the S-2000 will be the fastest, but after that I'm curious to see. All 2L engines, most about the same weight, but a couple MR and a couple heavier or lighter, so it'll be interesting. The ZZIII if scaled up would be like a 3-4L engine, so at 192hp the power curve is pretty good, but it'll be 10kph slower than the others at top track speed...

Edit: you're welcome to join in, takata-san!

also, have run the 280T, CLK 200, and MX-5 C-Spec, and 1:32's are reasonable, 1:31's possible I believe, with all three of these cars.

Edit^2: 270R wow, 1st I've got in 1:31's! and on only the 4th lap of testing!

Last edited:
I capped each car on 10 laps, so i try to try out every car.

For first i tried CLK 200 Sport, since i've driven CLK 230 IRL recently. Never drove it in game (it has awfull looks in game). Its a fast car in corners. Short gears are quite enough (almost hitting REV limiter) for that short back straight.

best lap 1:32.373

of course. on my 9th lap with the CLK200 I did 1:32.432, you didn't know that, but I was pretty sure you were going to be a little faster....

and it seems like 10 laps is the limit I've given myself too, since my best time with the 280T was achieved in 10 laps, and the other two cars I've tried so far I only did 4 and 6 laps.

yep, there is at least 0,4 sec gap, but it would take xxx laps to do that.

Now is 280T's turn!

I feel sorry that i disappointed you :-P

Tom' 280T 1:31.344
God, that car makes me angry. On 14th lap.

Last edited:
Back