• Thread starter Snaeper
  • 404 comments
Never mind, got it to work.

Attachments

• chevrolet-corvette-c7-01.jpg
    chevrolet-corvette-c7-01.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Well, technically, you could never "hotlink" an avatar - you could just copy/paste a URL of an image and GTP's server would go out and download the image for you. That's not a feature in our new software, so just save the image you want to use and then upload it using the provided form.

Whenever I try to change my avatar it always says "The contents of the uploaded image do not match the file's extension". I have no clue what that means. So I give up, why can't it just be easy? :confused:

Whenever I try to change my avatar it always says "The contents of the uploaded image do not match the file's extension". I have no clue what that means. So I give up, why can't it just be easy? :confused:
That would mean there's something wrong with the image file you're uploading. As the error message states, the file extension (".jpg", ".png", ".gif") does not accurately reflect what type of file it really is.

If you don't know what the original file type is, just try renaming it with different extensions (".jpg", ".png", or ".gif") and see which one the server accepts.

Could someone walk me thru on how to put a avatar on my profile. I'm on an Android smartphone with no computer at the moment. Every time I try it says image in not valid or image can't be used. Any help would be appreciated. Oh yea, I just want a GT-R emblem or logo as my avatar.

Could someone walk me thru on how to put a avatar on my profile. I'm on an Android smartphone with no computer at the moment. Every time I try it says image in not valid or image can't be used. Any help would be appreciated. Oh yea, I just want a GT-R emblem or logo as my avatar.
That might be difficult given the platform you're using and would extend beyond the scope of this thread.

I'm sorry I can't be more help. @Jordan would have a definitive answer and advice, I'd imagine.

That might be difficult given the platform you're using and would extend beyond the scope of this thread.

I'm sorry I can't be more help. @Jordan would have a definitive answer and advice, I'd imagine.
Ok thanks, I guess I will be the cartoon looking stig then, lol.
My friend has a Windows Surface RT, could I set up an avatar on that then?

Ok thanks, I guess I will be the cartoon looking stig then, lol.
My friend has a Windows Surface RT, could I set up an avatar on that then?
You'll have to wait and find out, I'm not familiar with Surface or it's operating system, but I imagine that if it's Windows 8 and the Surface is able to control images enough then you should be in good shape.

You'll have to wait and find out, I'm not familiar with Surface or it's operating system, but I imagine that if it's Windows 8 and the Surface is able to control images enough then you should be in good shape.
Thanks man, much appreciated for the quick reply.

Avatars must be in the JPEG, GIF, or PNG image format. I don't know anything about the image you are trying to use, but a quick Google image search returned this GT-R logo in a supported format:

gtr-logo1.jpg

Save that image to your device, then just upload it on this page and it should work.

Avatars must be in the JPEG, GIF, or PNG image format. I don't know anything about the image you are trying to use, but a quick Google image search returned this GT-R logo in a supported format:

gtr-logo1.jpg

Save that image to your device, then just upload it on this page and it should work.
Yes, this image and others just like it is what I've been trying to upload but it is still saying image is invalid, I must be doing something wrong. I've tried the different formats as you said, jpeg and others to no luck. It's no big deal, I will try when I have access to a computer. I wish it was a little easier for people like me that's not so computer literate, I'm still learning. Question Jordan, could you do it for me? I'm sure you could go into my account and change it, if not it's cool I'll just try later, thanks.

It should be fairly straightforward to upload an image from a smartphone; I can't explain why it would not be working for your device. I was able to upload that image to your account just now. 👍

It should be fairly straightforward to upload an image from a smartphone; I can't explain why it would not be working for your device. I was able to upload that image to your account just now. 👍
Thank you very much, you the man Jordan!:gtpflag:

IMG_20140829_221128.jpg

I made this, but there are a few things I need done to it.

The little black gaps I left need fixed.
I need the Chevelle pic to be the same size, but without the white border.
And of course, I need it in avatar size, without being a blurry mess.

Any help is much appreciated, and here are the four pictures, just in case you need to make a new one.
39698_10898712_1970_Chevrolet_Chevelle+SS.jpg
1958-Corvette.jpg
Front Left1.jpg
57_Chevy_BelAir_2_Door_Hardtop.jpg

View attachment 214363

I made this, but there are a few things I need done to it.

The little black gaps I left need fixed.
I need the Chevelle pic to be the same size, but without the white border.
And of course, I need it in avatar size, without being a blurry mess.

Any help is much appreciated, and here are the four pictures, just in case you need to make a new one.
View attachment 214364 View attachment 214365 View attachment 214366 View attachment 214367
Here:
daggeravatar.png

Edit: Tree'd, but if you don't want the black lines then you can use this one.

Is it possible fix up my Mugen avatar so its background matches the background of the forum? Much appreciated.👍

Here's the picture, its already 200x200
brand.gif

Is there a reason that 200x200 is the recommended size when avatars actually appear at 120x120px? I'm going to be updating mine soon and don't want to mess it up!

Is there a reason that 200x200 is the recommended size when avatars actually appear at 120x120px? I'm going to be updating mine soon and don't want to mess it up!
The 200x200 image is used on your profile page and the "pop up" user info card. A downsized 120x120 image is automatically generated from that for the image displayed next to your posts.

For best quality in all situations, upload a 200x200 or larger version of the image you want to use.

Ah, that makes sense, thanks Jordan 👍

EDIT: I've just realised the first few replies to this very thread ask & answer the same question. I'm an idiot.

Back