So, how was your day?

• Thread starter kidd0218
  • 7,286 comments
Pissed because somebody rearended our car (parentscar) leaving scratches and a small dent. He could even have contacted us but no!! ****ing idiot.

Going well so far! I had to drop my little sister off at school today (she goes to a year round middle school) because she overslept and missed her bus. Now, I'm currently interning.

Hot. Very hot. Near 100 degree temps and I'm in a house with no air conditioning all day long. That's Pittsburgh weather for you. 👎

In one word. 🤬

I'm going to move to Kentucky next month, so we're (my family and I) are going there to check out towns and schools. So from Boston, we had to drive to Providence, because plane tickets are cheaper from there. Took a 1 hour and a half flight to Charlotte where we then had to take another flight to Louisville.

But our plane was broken, somehow. And I quote "they're fixing the plane, we don't know how long it'll take". We waited there for about an hour. In the terminal, we can see the plane and there were a bunch of people with high visibility jackets on walking around, pointing at the front tire, some of them went over and touched it, and another brought a laptop over. It looked like they had no idea what they were doing.

Later, they said they'll try and a find a replacement plane. They found one and said they'll park it at the gate next to is. Which took about 45 minutes. We got on that plane. We sat there in the plane at the gate for another half hour because they had to do maintenance on the plane. When they finished we started to move toward the main runway. When suddenly the captain said, over the speakers, "we appear to have another mechanical problem" and the whole cabin moaned.

Charlotte's airport is actually quite busy. We had to wait in line to get on the runway and turn back to the terminal. Which took about an hour-ish. We sat at the gate for another half hour waiting for them to fix whatever. And then they said they can't fix it. So we all got off the plane and went inside the gate for further instructions. They told us to go the customer service's desk and ask for a new flight or something. We waited in line for about half an hour.

By that time there weren't any flights left to Louisville. So they gave a number to a travel agency to find a hotel. They put us on hold for another half hour. We finally got our hotel booked and we called them for a shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Which took 15 minutes to get here.

I'm now in the hotel with no food. gg

Pro tip: don't fly with US Airways.

Oh yeah, we booked a new flight to Louisville that departs at 7 am. Which means I'll have to wake up at 5 am.

The struggle is real. ;~;

Went to the orthopedics, and they said that I should have surgery on my knee. It's scheduled for next Thursday. Honestly, I'm a bit excited for it, since I've never had surgery before.

Hot. Very hot. Near 100 degree temps and I'm in a house with no air conditioning all day long. That's Pittsburgh weather for you. 👎

I'm in NY for vacation at the moment. 70 degrees here :P:lol:. Although I do like the hot weather back home in Pittsburgh. Hot weather is perfect for the pool and a tan. :dopey:

Went to the orthopedics, and they said that I should have surgery on my knee. It's scheduled for next Thursday. Honestly, I'm a bit excited for it, since I've never had surgery before.

Surgery isn't that fun from what I've experienced, but it's certainly nothing to worry about.

I'll share the time I got my wisdom teeth out a year or two ago.

Before I had surgery, I was kind of scared - never had surgery. Was kind of skeptical, but after a while I told myself to calm down and I knew I could get through it 'cause you gotta do what you gotta do, you know? So I went in and yadda yadda the surgeon put Anesthesia in my IV and it just felt like I was really tired and decided to take nap. I then woke up - the surgery was finished. It felt like a minute had passed when in reality it was about an hour. I was of course on pain medication, which felt kind of cool. It's fun to be on that stuff lol. It's different. So, then for the next 3 days, I ate ice cream and played Call of Duty. :lol::dopey:

I'm sure your surgery will go perfectly fine and I hope you enjoy it :lol: :cheers:. The best of luck to you on your surgery!

I've been very nervous today for some reason. My day was mainly about cleaning up and enjoying myself but something just randomly swept over me making me feel uneasy. I spent the rest of the night doing some graphic work and watching a live stream. I guess my day was alright, always a new one (hopefully) awaiting.

I never really stay up like this but this song helps me clarify things going on.

I found this just now:

fccda6cfd360c0126e5de99743dcebb1aa2dbfa9308f9a37e615a08b262fd1b3.jpg

And confirmed I'm not the only ESL teacher using internet memes in my lessons. :D

This makes me happy.

My day was typically fine, but now I can't sleep. I need to get this off my chest. I am such an awkward teenager and I seriously don't know how the hell I'm not socially outcast already because of the amount of awkward situations I've begun with every and I repeat every single girl I've had a crush on. Thinking about it is literally making me cringe whenever I close my eyes.

First of all, a girl I've liked for a bit overhears me talking with my friend about a movie I liked and said she liked it, too. I froze, looked at her, and walked away. Another was when I danced with a girl back in sixth grade. I asked her to dance while I had a bead of sweat trickling down my face. She said yes, and I said nothing as I couldn't wipe my face off while my hands were at her waist. She tried making small talk, but I was just in the moment and I tried to play cool. My friend came over and acted like he was taking pictures so I let go and chased after him. She left.

More. Shy, but pretty girl I had a crush on. She waited outside math class every Friday alone because she made announcements as part of her leadership class. Made eye contact, didn't do anything. Fast forward to next year. I ask her to... Homecoming. Awkward. Awkward. Awkward. She ended up not going with me and avoided me the entire night.

Shortly after, develop crush on girl who instantly friendzones me. I awkwardly try to compliment her. Doesn't work.

I compliment another girl in the hopes of starting something. It went along the lines of, "Hey, I... uh... like your... hair..." She didn't respond. I awkwardly get back to classwork.

Sat next to a girl in Biology. She wasn't interested. Tried to get her to like me, anyways. As a super-popular and super-pretty girl, she didn't notice me. We had PE dance classes together. Of a group of 4 girls and 4 guys, she didn't choose me to be her partner. Felt defeated.

I can expand on the Homecoming story more, but that will take a few more lines, and I feel like I've gotten it all out at the moment. I'm sorry if this isn't the right thread, but I just needed to get this out. Feel free to cringe. This hurts to proofread.

Great! If you want to have a laugh, download one of the 1 hour sessions from GTAV. One of the radio stations. I've downloaded Blue Ark. Basically all you have to do is turn it up in your car and just watch people's reactions.

I was in a traffic jam blaring Blue Ark. The podcast got to one of the stories making headlines in the virtual world of Los Santos.

'America is trying to legalize medical cocaine'

This chick next to me had her windows rolled down and asked

'Is that true?!'

'Yep! California is really moving ahead!'

She found an opening and turned off..

:lol:

Crap. There's no other way to describe it. I found out late yesterday afternoon that a fellow radio broadcaster and close friend suddenly lost his life at the age of 48. I am absolutely speechless, and to make it worse, I have to present this morning. Best make it professional.

My day was in and out of crap and hell, but its ending on with positive feeling after I talked to one of my most favorite people.

@Tom I am in no way a spokesman for GTPlanet, however I believe it is safe to say, that on behalf of all the members of GTPlanet, our hearts are with you, your friend, and the members of your friend's family in this time of sorrow.

May he rest in peace.

@Tom I am in no way a spokesman for GTPlanet, however I believe it is safe to say, that on behalf of all the members of GTPlanet, our hearts are with you, your friend, and the members of your friend's family in this time of sorrow.

May he rest in peace.

Thank you. That is ever so kind of you, everyone at the station is in complete shock at the moment but your sentiments are greatly appreciated.

One of the most awesome weeks ever.

Drove 1000 miles over to Nova Scotia for the Canadian Superbike series.

Practiced 3 days and finished 3rd in sportbike after leading all but the last lap. (Stupid stupid mistake.:ouch:)

Made up for it by getting my first ever national win in Amateur Superbike. :D
The winnings also paid for half of the trip.

We camped at the track until today, and I got a ride in a race prepped C6 Corvette.

Congratulations! Mate, you should really get into motovlogging. It's a great community. Hope to see you on the tracks one day. :cheers:

Thanks.:)
Is that the thing where you talk about bike stuff while riding? I don't have a street bike, and it might be a bit loud on a track.:lol:

August 15-17 is the Mosport doubleheader. ;)

Yes that's motovlogging. :lol: Yes I'd imagine it would be a bit loud on the streets.

Aug. 15-17 is that going to be a trackday or a sponsored race event?

Finally got a chance to pull apart the KTM after it blew up.

Piston is lightly scored with a small section melted near the exhaust port.
Cylinder has no scoring, got lucky there.
Had to flush out the crankcase a dozen times to get all the sand out of it, should be fine now.

Most likely the sand that got into the jets (Main was completely clogged.) started to lean it out to the point that it seized, hopefully soon enough that it didn't have time to do any real damage.

Spare piston got thrown in it, now to disassemble the carb and clean that out.

An interesting one. Spent much of the day driving around town doing stuff with friends whilst waiting on another to drive up north (about 2.5 hours) to pick up a "new" vehicle. (An XJ Cherokee) As I was driving toward's my friend's house I had someone speeding through a 35MPH neighborhood to catch up to me in a 2nd generation Lexus GS. Pulled up behind me and I gave him a thumbs up to which he did the same. Never had another Lexus GS owner chase me down. :lol:

The trip up north and back wasn't too bad. Unfortunately the Jeep didn't have good tires or wheel weights so it was a little dangerous for my friend. He could only go 60-65 MPH before the whole thing would shake. So...during the whole drive back, we were on the highway with a speed limit of 70MPH and everyone was passing us and flashing their high beams. And...probably giving us the finger. But made it home safe after leaving at 7:30PM and not getting home until 12:50AM.

Pretty good. Weather was glorious, so I went for an early morning drive out in my car and ran into a local organised sprint race going on. Spent the morning watching that, got some lunch with some guy I'd never met before and then back home (along the coast roads ;)) to get in some GT6 for the rest of the afternoon. Only downer was drinking too much beer (is that possible?) and watching a M Night Shamalan movie because I thought it was a good idea. Still, can't have everything. ;)

Last edited:
3:30AM, first time seeing Donnie Darko.. The movie literally took my brain, shredded it, smashed it back together, then proceeded to **** it. My brain is hurting.

Latest Posts

Back