Spec 2.0 Thoughts and Speculation

United States
Indiana
DSkywalker01
So when (if) do you think we will see Spec 2.0 of GT6?

I am betting we will be seeing it in the fall, around the time Project CARS and Forza Horizon release to try and draw some sales for GT6 during Christmas time.

Content wise I would be expecting the Course Maker, B-Spec, and some DLC packs of cars to be added to the game.

What do you guys think?

Ah look, a Spec 2.0 thread started by a reputable, sane member. Watched.

Personally, I would expect it around October/November, with an XL Edition disc (a la GT5) to be released shortly thereafter for the holiday season.

Features?
  • The sound update (I know that the real improvement is going to be saved for 7, but there is still likely to be an update for 6)
  • I feel that the course maker will be released prior to this, but Spec 2.0 could include the GPS functionality
  • B-Spec
  • Some other 4th thing.

I think there may be some kind of FIA related doobrey-wotsit based on the latest FIA linkage.

I also concur that the sounds are likely to play a part in it, although it will likely be badly received by most GTP members as it won't be a complete overhaul, more of an incremental upgrade

Dropping the sound update from GT6 will likely bring Spec II closer. Possibly much closer.

The only thing I can imagine causing further delay (once the code has been refactored and balanced to work without the new sound method) are the community features. But that might just be because I know far less about such things.

If the expectation for the Spec 2.0 will be the same as we have for the July update, don´t expect it so soon...

Regarding the content, as @DSkywalker01 said maybe 2014 Nascar, B-Spec (with lots of maybes), 1 or 2 new cars and loads of improvements...

Just my opinion... 👍

With the way PD has been updating GT6 I really don't believe we'll see a major 2.0 release. We'll just see things added/modified/patched at random times like we've seen the past 8 months. I tend to believe they're switching over to GT7 so GT6 might not see much major attention as far as big changes/feature sets. (No evidence to back this up just speculation based on the answer about the sound 'patch' and such :D)

I hope they add the course maker and community features. However, I doubt that there will a "Spec 2" update, this ain't GT5. Maybe we wont get to version 2.xx.

Spec II of GT6 must include my "arcade mode wishlists", which are having all of the cars in the game in arcade mode and a Forza 3-style quick-tune feature for arcade cars, but with GT's addition of being able to boost the power (up to 50%, not 20% just like GT4) and dropping the weight (up to 20%, not 10%).

I can speculate with 100% certainty that Spec 2.0, if it comes, will not be today or tomorrow, but sometime in the future. Could be the near future, or many months from now, but if it comes, it's definitely not today or tomorrow. I can also say with 100% certainty it'll have something to do with at least one of the following:

Physics
Cars
Tracks
Promised but not yet delivered features
Features we haven't heard about yet
Other stuff

At least one, maybe 2 but I can't be 100% sure so don't quote me on it.

I can speculate with 100% certainty that Spec 2.0, if it comes, will not be today or tomorrow, but sometime in the future. Could be the near future, or many months from now, but if it comes, it's definitely not today or tomorrow. I can also say with 100% certainty it'll have something to do with at least one of the following:

Physics
Cars
Tracks
Promised but not yet delivered features
Features we haven't heard about yet
Other stuff

At least one, maybe 2 but I can't be 100% sure so don't quote me on it.
Sorry. Request denied.

Wishlist thread, engaged.

Would love to see Online with AI filling the 16 car grid.

Interesting that a sound update is the general consensus, I took Kaz at his word that there would be no updates until GT7.

That because you misread his comments, to be fair he phrased it a confusing way, so he had said: “I think the quality of the sounds in Gran Turismo 6 will be improved, but most of the work will be done in Gran Turismo 7" taken from this article

And I see the course maker coming next.

That because you misread his comments, to be fair he phrased it a confusing way, so he had said: “I think the quality of the sounds in Gran Turismo 6 will be improved, but most of the work will be done in Gran Turismo 7" taken from this article
Which in plain english means you got the Lotus and the F3 car with better sounds and the real update is in GT7.

Well you can spin it that way if you want to, just dont try to phase that as fact.
Based on years of experience with PD and Kaz. Feel free to keep track of that prediction and show me I'm wrong at some point in GT6 but don't hold your breath waiting.

Back