Special Stage Route X 'Oval' is 30km in Length!

• Thread starter JRayWRX
  • 630 comments
I think they plan to add inner section and in last minute they've added bridge to not confuse people with next version of this track. Was that good decision? I don't know. Scenery of this track is beautiful, but that kind of small errors can be annoying. On the other hand, who will walk 30km around this track? :D

The damned Gran Turismo lovers like some of us that will cruise on this track, stop for pictures and found these leftovers... :dopey:

-> Hmm, seems to me that I have to replace my SSRX list to this 'unfinished' part of the RX on my >MISSING< track...I wonder.

WWNP7.png

©SHIRAKAWA Akira

^ Should it be under >MISSING< or a "Concrete Speculation/Possible" track?

Judging by the sloppy object placement in the player-inaccessible areas people are taking pictures of, I doubt that these areas were ever designed to be more than background scenery.

It's fun to speculate, of course, but I think you guys are barking up the wrong tree and the oval is all we are getting.

Just an advice: "Please explain" isn't very nice sounding when translated in Japanese, it's as if you're demanding (though still politely, at least formally) that he should explain because you're annoyed with something. "Could you explain if..." would have been better in my opinion.

-> I played GT5 for a good hour (mostly in SSRX in 40min timeframe). I visually scanned the whole SSRX and heres what I think of it...

-> Based on SHIRAKAWA's always impressive drawing. I have a suggestion about SSRX track layout, I basically edited your work and I highlighted the details that were made:

6730344165_0ebdbe1cdb_z.jpg

© SHIRAKAWA Akira & The Vanishing Boy

^ That is by far what I think of it, please notify me if there are other issues. Thanks!

;)

-> I played GT5 for a good hour (mostly in SSRX in 40min timeframe). I visually scanned the whole SSRX and heres what I think of it...

-> Based on SHIRAKAWA's always impressive drawing. I have a suggestion about SSRX track layout, I basically edited your work and I highlighted the details that were made:

6730344165_0ebdbe1cdb_z.jpg

© SHIRAKAWA Akira & The Vanishing Boy

;)

Kittycat-1.jpg

-> Based on SHIRAKAWA's always impressive drawing. I have a suggestion about SSRX track layout, I basically edited your work and I highlighted the details that were made:[...]
Thanks for your corrections!
If you could provide precise measurements and distances with the help of distance markers, that would be great. My layout was based on my approximate measurements, but of course they can be improved.

More precisely these were my measurements:

- Big banked corners: 1000m radius
- Banked corner after the pits: 200m radius (bridge crosses the straight at approx. 2500m marker)
- First halfpipe connected with the opposite straight: 300m radius (connects with the straight at approx. 5900m marker)
- Halfpipe connected with the first halfpipe: 175m radius
- Circular structure connected to the second smaller halfpipe: 200m radius

I've had a go at a map. Some aspects won't be massively accurate (I haven't downloaded it yet) but it should put some areas into context, and I've checked each location to ~100m.

6737583093_80f91ef790_z.jpg

Some other things to consider:

-There's potential for a larger steep banking on the inside of the large east bank, and also for the runway and docking area to the west. I originally thought the area to the east was some kind of dam/reservoir, although it does have the full potential to be a new racing park/gymkhana.

I've had a go at a map. Some aspects won't be massively accurate (I haven't downloaded it yet) but it should put some areas into context, and I've checked each location to ~100m.

6737583093_80f91ef790_z.jpg

Some other things to consider:

-There's potential for a larger steep banking on the inside of the large east bank, and also for the runway and docking area to the west. I originally thought the area to the east was some kind of dam/reservoir, although it does have the full potential to be a new racing park/gymkhana.

One minor detail, you got east and west the wrong way around.
The sun comes up on the side of the water when driving in time change ;)

Alright, I just tested the same car on the same track, with the absolute minimum downforce for both the front and back I got to 230 mph by the end of the front straight. Then with Max downforce on both the front and back I only reached 225 mph by the front straight, and if you don't believe me, I will post footage later (but I have to go to my grandparents house to work on my real car right now). So I'm not sure about you, but those results seemed pretty diffinitive to me, I even tried it twice to see if maybe it was the line out of turn 4, but I got the same result. The car didn't want to go over 225.

I never saw this post.. but here.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6548661#post6548661

Still bugged and wrong.

Kaz just tweeted that SS Route X based on the Port of Hakata, Fukuoka. Maybe you guys might be able to place it with aerial photographs.

Intriguing. Route X is based in/around an old submarine base (at least in our imaginations). This tracks just chalk full of mystery. 👍

I suppose it would make a good context for the park as an ex-military base, especially with the ports and the small airport, although I wouldn't look into it too much. I think the track/scenery is still under construction, much in the same way that the Eiger Nordwand Road course is different from the K trail, which I imagine was completed later on. I anticipate a lot for the scenery, perhaps it was intended (completed) for GT6, but it'd be hard to go through details when the present scenery is so vague and incomplete.

Back