SSRX Alternate Route Found (+more)

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 516 comments

Do you believe that the alternate SSRX will end up in the game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know nothing about programing, but here goes nothing. First scenario, the game coding done at PD;lets call it OC-Original Code-; is made complete. Then it gets re-coded for GT6; GT6C; which I presume was toned down so PS3 can handle it. Before or after release. Like Mount Panorama. Therefore in GT7 it will be re-coded again from the OC to GT7C on PS4 ?

Second scenario, each game is coded from scratch, with only the original track info files to build on. Like what they do with any new track they never been to or had any info on ?

Erm, nope. Each game is not coded from scratch, each game is created from a template of the one before it(most likely). I would imagine that they haven't changed programming languages since 1995. I'm fairly certain that in the programming thread someone said it was written in C(popular Programming Language that was written in the early 80s), and used .SWF files(flash) for animation in the loading screens. Also they use Autodesk Maya for creating models. That is why the 2nd game is always bigger, all it is is a gigantic DLC pack + major and minor tweaks to some of the scripts from the previous edition.

Wouldn't that contradict how GT6 was planned? I remember Kaz saying that with this version of the game and with the way the industry is going, he could get the game completed (for the most part) and then slowly implement things that are being worked on, but not yet ready for release. I'm actually fine with that, but things better be near perfect when they are released.
No. The game's production will have been planned with GT7 in mind, and the content afterwards is definitely planned in a certain way. Stuff like the M4 getting new options for SEMA, the Vision GT cars never released at the same time etc. etc.

MMX
Useless, but it's still possible to get through the barrier, just like in GT5.
SpecialStageRouteX_2_zps85e310c3.jpg

SpecialStageRouteX_4_zps8c9545b2.jpg

#1 camera locks to your car, once you get in there.
SpecialStageRouteX_3_zpsd14c6ea7.jpg

SpecialStageRouteX_6_zpsa0b6efc7.jpg

None of this area is solid...
DSCN1411_zps7a000efb.jpg

DSCN1412_zpsea4d718f.jpg

Got in there a pretty good ways, before getting reset to the track.
SpecialStageRouteX_8_zpsb125c485.jpg

SpecialStageRouteX_9_zpsf5a0b75c.jpg

Maybe one of these days, we'll get to run it for real.
Is there a certain amount of time you have until you get reset back to the track or do you have to drive a long distance to get reset?

It's pretty standard to use a proxy geometry for the physics. It just means that PD didn't define any physics behaviours outside of the normal track limits.

However, on SSR7, some of the slip roads outside of the "track" were drivable outside of the plane you "escaped" on. This implies they had physical parameters defined, for whatever reason.

Wasn't that SSR5? I remember getting on via the pit road on SSR5 but don't remember it being on SSR7

Wasn't that SSR5? I remember getting on via the pit road on SSR5 but don't remember it being on SSR7
It wouldn't surprise me if it was both, but I definitely remember seeing parts of SSR7's scenery being properly drivable outside the track (not just hovering in mid air or underground). I've done a lot of sight-seeing on SSR5, and the scenery is quite odd in its detail (at times, despite looking otherwise unfinished) on the one hand, but its ugly / primitive culling on the other.

I still think SSRs 5 and 7 are an abandoned attempt at an open area: "Special Stage City" as the free-roam threads call it. :D

It wouldn't surprise me if it was both
100% sure it happened on SSR7, 90% sure it also happened on SSR5.
but I definitely remember seeing parts of SSR7's scenery being properly drivable outside the track (not just hovering in mid air or underground). I've done a lot of sight-seeing on SSR5, and the scenery is quite odd in its detail (at times, despite looking otherwise unfinished) on the one hand, but its ugly / primitive culling on the other.

I still think SSRs 5 and 7 are an abandoned attempt at an open area: "Special Stage City" as the free-roam threads call it. :D

There seems to have gone a lot of thought into the road system around SSR5. I think that, at least at some stage, there were plans to open those streets up.

I heard that GT6 will:

No big update this month, just a couple of VGT add-ons.

Early-mid December update: 'Spec II'
- B-Spec added so all 12 people that actually care about this will be happy.
- Basic (no doubt mostly useless) community features added. Will crash GT servers regularly for two weeks.
- Course maker added. Choose from 4 themes, GT5 spec but with a few added track tweaks. No GPS or mobile app support.
- 1 or 2 new tracks absolute max.
- PS3 only. Not even a hint of PS4 news.

GT6 long term:
- Community features tweaked and useless mobile companion app added.
- GPS mobile course maker app abandoned completely. Excuses blaming hardware constraints not allowing them to achieve their 'vision'.
- Maybe the odd paid DLC car pack or track (2 or 3 max)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=725281&page=156

I do not understand why PD has decided to cut the alternate route of Tokyo X...

Its funny how completely wrong you were, with the exception of the B-Spec part.

Last edited:
In regards to SSR5:

There was a way to "get behind the barriers" on SSR5 REVERSE that dates back to GT5. It continued into GT6, until it became too well known, at which point it was fixed by PD. Which was a shame, because it was a lot of fun.

It was shown to me by three fellow GTP members, so I take no credit for the discovery. We decided to keep things to ourselves, for fear of it being fixed by PD. As it seems, others found it as well, and were not as discreet :lol:

Bellow is a number of photos I took, highlighting some of the "out of bounds" areas which were possible to drive on, as well as areas that were accessable for small periods of time. I should have posted these sooner, but forgot I had these still. Many go back to GT5, but I figure here is as good a spot as any to share them.

I guess I'll start with the method to actually escape the confines of the barriers. You would simply drive down the Pit Exit (remember, this only worked on the Reverse config.), and park underneath the Clubman Route 5 Overpass. By parking for long enough, the game would take control of your car, and try to reset it to exit the Pits, and proceed back onto the track. The glitch, as it were, is that when your car was "reset", it would appear on the road surface of the Clubman Overpass located above where you were parked. After a brief pause, you would regain control of your car, on the Clubman curve.

This wasn't just a free pass to now drive anywhere you wanted though. There were a long list of "rules" which you had to follow, or you would be reset back onto the track proper.
-there were a number of areas, dubbed "safe zones", which were located behind the barriers, but near the track, where a player could remain indefinitely. In photomode, you are free to walk about behind the barriers indefinitely. The farther from the track you roam, the more glitchy things become. Can lead to being reset back on the track, or becoming unable to walk around.
-there is one area where the ground is fully modelled (car would not sink through), but if you remained in the area for too long, you would be reset back onto the track - this area being the suspended portion of the Clubman Bridge (final 2 corners of Clubman R5). On this bridge, proximity to the actual track determined the length of time you could remain there before being reset. Average time was 7-8 seconds, if I remember correctly. In photomode, you are free to walk around this area indefinitely.
-there were several areas where the ground was partially modelled (car would sink about 6 inches), but which were passable for short periods of time (3-5 seconds). These areas are not as highly detailed. In photomode, you are frozen in place where the car is at the time of the Pause, but you are free to look around with the camera.

These photos were taken to explore the possibilities of new photo locations, as well as explore new vantage points of the track. My style of photography in GT is to attempt to make the locations seem as "un-GT" as possible, if that makes sense. These photos were not take clearly illustrate what I was doing, but rather to disguise it, so apologies if some of the photos seem rather obscure.

The first is taken from the first Safe Zone, located directly behind where the car appears on the Clubman bridge.

From here, you could do one of two things. You could either drive across the Clubman bridge to where you meet up with SSR5 again, or you could drive partway across the bridge, and then drive off the side of it so you would fall down to the lower level - near the track, but still outside the barrier. If you drove all the way across, you had limited time, so a quick car with good tires was required. If you dropped off the edge, you had to be mindful of your placement, but you could chose which side of the track you would end up on.

When running Clubman R5 Reverse, after T1, there is a single lane on/off ramp on your left. This road surface was fully modelled, and possible to drive on. You would have to do a hard 180' turn into it, and could then follow it down for a short time before being reset back on the track. You could last about 6-7 seconds out there.

If you proceed all the way across the bridge, you end up here

Once you are off the elevated portion of the road (on surface which is the same level as SSR5), you are in a Safe Zone. I don't have any pictures from here, as there's not much to look at. That said, the whole clubman bridge offers some nice vantage points of SSR5.

Note the sidewalks on both sides of the track, as well as the portion of road that is inside the hairpin...if you dropped off the Clubman bridge to the track level, it was possible to drive on the sidewalks and road surfaces visible. If you roamed too far from the track, you would be reset.

Track on the left. This whole intersection was safe to drive around in, the largest Safe Zone on this track level. Note the surface change beyond the crosswalk on the right. That's the edge of the Safe Zone. The road in the right crosses back over SSR5, but the surface is not solid.

An Evo on the other street which leads away from the intersection pictured above, outside the Safe Zone. Note the lack of shadows, and overall poor quality. I snapped this shot in 2-player mode, with a second car parked in the Safe Zone just past the Clubman bridge.

From the large Safe Zone above, if you drove parallel with the track where it goes down into the bright tunnel, you would leave the safe area, sinking into then ground slightly as the elevation rose (bridge over the tunnel). If you proceeded with enough speed, you could drive through the terrain, and appear in another Safe Zone beside the triple S-bend. Both of the intersections on the outside of the track were safe to drive and park in. The side roads were possible to drive on, but not fully detailed, and would reset you back onto the track after one or two seconds.

Triple S-curve to the left out of frame. Note the surface change behind the rear wheels. I'm right on the threshold of the zone.

A few more from the same location

From the zone above, you could proceed beside the track slightly farther to the second intersection. Some of the sidewalk, and a small section of the "park" were safe to drive on.

Note the cranes and shipping containers in the back...very much in the position the would be if SSR5 is located in the city visible over the water to the left when you cross the bridge on SSRX. You can also see these cranes from the end of the main straight, and I believe there is a sign which says either Port, Airport, or both.

Looking across the water, aiming more left than the photo above

Once...ONCE!!! I managed to reach the safe zone located on the other side of the track from this final intersection. It's the road that goes between all the glass buildings. The reason I only managed it once, is that the run up to it is much shorter, and the braking zone so you don't squirt back out onto the track is much much shorter. I managed it once in an X1, but not during a photo run of any sort :(.

Ok, so now off to a different portion of the track. From the safe zone located after the Clubman curves, you could proceed CAREFULLY through the tires piled on the outside of the corner. Sneaking through these tires, you could make it all the where there is an on/off ramp located on your right. This was another Safe Zone, and while rather small compared to others, opened up a world of exploring :)

Here are some pics of a car near the top of the ramp. Evo on the track proper, STi behind the barriers.

R33 further down the ramp than the STi. This ramp continues down, all the way under the track, all safe to drive on. At the bottom is a small areas, barely big enough to turn around in.

Just out of frame to the right is a "wall" which ends the safe zone. The modelling detail down under the track (this photo is actually taken partially under the track) is very poor. Massive blocks of greys and black.

But, what's through that wall???

Well, even though it is horribly modelled, there is a road through that wall!! If you proceed through the wall, you end up on this road. The pic below is actually taken from farther down the road, looking back at the location where you "pop through the wall" - the specific location being just past the Orange bricks on the right. The bridge which is crossing over the road is the actual SSR5 track (just after Turn 5, before the S-curve)

Same direction, further back. Note the road surface with the white striping on the left. This is the bottom of the ramp which is located between turns 4 and 5. It's on the right side, and does a very drastic (almost unrealistic) 180, before going down in elevation. In GT5, it was not possible to make it to this ramp. In GT6 however, it was possible. It was tricky as hell, but it was possible. Sadly, I have no photos from this ramp (probably best photo spot too, with the water in the background).

Lastly, these are some exploritory pics I took of different things I could see / reach from this large 3 lane road. I would basically drive a car as far as I could before being reset, and then watch the replay. Pause the replay just before reset, and then have a look around. These pics were taken a couple of years ago now, so Im a little fuzzy on exactly which way im looking and whatnot.

Well, that's all I can find in my old photobucket account for now. I think I have a few more in some places, I'll throw them up if I find them.

I a huge fan of the idea of a free roam mode, and Special Stage City and all that....but after all the exploring I did, I'm not convinced PD has any real plans for this. Most of the modelling detail I came across was the bare minimum necessary in order to make everything seem ordinary from the track. But as soon as you get beind the barriers, things look very very different.

And it's not just the modelling and texturing itself, it's the layout of the entire track and "city" itself. There are many areas that are just not realistically possible (like the insanely tight off-ramp). Other places, there are streets which go no where...other weird things like that.

I'm not writing off a free roam mode all together...and I'm not writing off PD being able to place a track which is very similar to SSR5 into a city which is very similar to the current home of SSR5....but in order for the streets of SSR5 to be part of a realistic, functioning city core, a lot would have to change.

And my guess is, it would be easier to design a new street course in a new, properly laid out, fictional city; than it would be to try to design a city around a race course.

It is PD though...

I a huge fan of the idea of a free roam mode, and Special Stage City and all that....but after all the exploring I did, I'm not convinced PD has any real plans for this. Most of the modelling detail I came across was the bare minimum necessary in order to make everything seem ordinary from the track. But as soon as you get beind the barriers, things look very very different.

And it's not just the modelling and texturing itself, it's the layout of the entire track and "city" itself. There are many areas that are just not realistically possible (like the insanely tight off-ramp). Other places, there are streets which go no where...other weird things like that.

I'm not writing off a free roam mode all together...and I'm not writing off PD being able to place a track which is very similar to SSR5 into a city which is very similar to the current home of SSR5....but in order for the streets of SSR5 to be part of a realistic, functioning city core, a lot would have to change.

And my guess is, it would be easier to design a new street course in a new, properly laid out, fictional city; than it would be to try to design a city around a race course.

It is PD though...

What if PD did make a free roam mode, but they used the map from GT2, and similar to games like TDU and NFSU2, you can drive to shops/dealers, and start quick races in free-roam?
gt2.jpg
gt2 1.jpg
gt2 2.jpg
gt 2 3.jpg
gt2 4.jpg

@twitcher why do you show this now? Looked to have been great fun! A shame it's now fixed as I had never seen this before. :( My favorite track too, knew those streets had to drive able in one way or another.

@twitcher why do you show this now? Looked to have been great fun! A shame it's now fixed as I had never seen this before. :( My favorite track too, knew those streets had to drive able in one way or another.
Like I sort of said, I'm not 100% pleased with myself that I didn't share this earlier.

Initially, it wasn't my glitch to share. Then, the small group that I was involved with made th decision to not outright publish our findings. We knew that the more people who found out, the sooner things would be fixed. I was actually amazed it lasted as long as it did, carrying over from 5 into 6. But as soon as I starte seeing lobbies with names like "SSR5 GLITCH!!", it was patched within weeks :(. Also, those photos were taken as part of research / exploring for a possible Manga a few of us were thinking of writing, so we didn't want to lose our photo locations. I then forgot I had the pics, as they were taken over 3 years ago now I think.

And all that said, we actually did post about it on GTP, and shared pictures of our adventures...just didn't tell how we were doing it. We posted massive photo sets in the SYDC thread in the drift forums, as well as the photomode forums. Most people just didn't catch on to what we were doing. A few did, and I think a handful of those few ended up discovering the glitch for themselves.

Was it selfish to not share? Probably yes. Did I feel like it was the right choice at the time? Yes. So again, apologies for not sharing this with more people at the time, but it is what it is.

What if PD did make a free roam mode, but they used the map from GT2, and similar to games like TDU and NFSU2, you can drive to shops/dealers, and start quick races in free-roam?View attachment 350710 View attachment 350711 View attachment 350713 View attachment 350714 View attachment 350716

I've always been thinking about this also, but I never got round to posting anything about it.

We need to try and fit SSR5, maybe even SSR11 into these maps, also the map of Gran Turismo 3:

Image1.png

First off, great post! Thanks for sharing these pics, it's infinitely better to have them "late" rather than never. ;)

However, there is one thing to consider: the geometry visible in the tracks prepared for release is not a great indicator of all the geometry actually modeled for the area. An example: Matterhorn Rotenboden. If you stop at the top of the hill and look back down, notice how the geometry looks - not unlike the choppiness in the SSRs at times, no?

What this is is simply PD's automated "visibility culling", performed before the game is packaged up for release. The track effectively stores what groups of objects and sections of track geometry are visible from given "sectors" of the track itself. This is a standard way of doing things, and results in oddities like the Matterhorn example, or things disappearing from the other side of the oval speedway at Motegi (full course) as another example. The reason for doing this is to reduce the draw load on the console, and it's an easy way to tell the renderer what to "ignore" with little overhead at runtime.

However, if you are culling from a much larger area than the track covers, then it's conceivable that there will be whole sections not included in that visibility pre-production step. The extra scenery at the SSRs is at once over-detailed for "just scenery" (compare with other tracks), but also very choppy (like Matterhorn), weird bits missing (like Motegi) and generally lacking overall cohesion and finishing touches in line with the scenery for other circuits, as though it were a work in progress. It's quite possible that work has been abandoned, or put on hold, of course.

Another issue is that the sector-based in-game visibility determination, i.e. that rendering shortcut of what to ignore, doesn't work for openly explorable areas - you need a more flexible method. This is partly why the course maker has been delayed, I think, because you'd need that new vis method for Ronda and for 20x20 km areas (probably also Pikes Peak and IoM TT circuit etc.) as well. The reason for that is the size of the lists of objects to display per sector starts to rival the size of the track itself for something like Pikes Peak (each sector can potentially "see" into every other sector), but easily dwarfs it for something like Ronda (branching roads causes the effective number of sectors to explode)...

The kicker here is that things like the ramps at SSR5 were driveable. If all they were ever meant to be, from the start, was scenery, they wouldn't be driveable - as is the case with most other breakout "glitches". That leads to the idea that the track technology and / or physics engine doesn't allow inverted driveable surfaces (SSRX tunnel and banked curve). Yet.

If someone downgraded the game would it work?
In theory, yes. However, wasn't the current version of the SSR5 glitch an online only one? If you really want to free roam SSR5, (and an number of other tracks that aren't GT6 exclusive) just use GT5 v1.00. In that version you don't typically reset back to the track for getting too far away from the track. Seem like we're starting to derail this thread though.

If someone downgraded the game would it work?

I believe so, yes. If you're really that interested in exploring ssr5, it might be worth a try. If done right, you'd only lose a few hours of your time. Off the top of my head, I can't remember which update patch the Pit Lane glitch...but it was an earlier one....I want to say somewhere around 1.06 to 1.10. I could be off though.

In theory, yes. However, wasn't the current version of the SSR5 glitch an online only one? If you really want to free roam SSR5, (and an number of other tracks that aren't GT6 exclusive) just use GT5 v1.00. In that version you don't typically reset back to the track for getting too far away from the track. Seem like we're starting to derail this thread though.

I was going to suggest GT5 as well.

Edit: I can confirm it still works in GT5. Tested in Practice Mode. Running version 2.17.

Also, as far as I know, the Pit Lane glitch on SSR5 in GT6 worked in all game modes; online, test drive, arcade, etc. A lot of the exploring I did was in Test Drive, as it is much quicker to take pictures.

Last edited:
In regards to SSR5:

There was a way to "get behind the barriers" on SSR5 REVERSE that dates back to GT5. It continued into GT6, until it became too well known, at which point it was fixed by PD. Which was a shame, because it was a lot of fun.

It was shown to me by three fellow GTP members, so I take no credit for the discovery. We decided to keep things to ourselves, for fear of it being fixed by PD. As it seems, others found it as well, and were not as discreet :lol:

Bellow is a number of photos I took, highlighting some of the "out of bounds" areas which were possible to drive on, as well as areas that were accessable for small periods of time. I should have posted these sooner, but forgot I had these still. Many go back to GT5, but I figure here is as good a spot as any to share them.

I guess I'll start with the method to actually escape the confines of the barriers. You would simply drive down the Pit Exit (remember, this only worked on the Reverse config.), and park underneath the Clubman Route 5 Overpass. By parking for long enough, the game would take control of your car, and try to reset it to exit the Pits, and proceed back onto the track. The glitch, as it were, is that when your car was "reset", it would appear on the road surface of the Clubman Overpass located above where you were parked. After a brief pause, you would regain control of your car, on the Clubman curve.

This wasn't just a free pass to now drive anywhere you wanted though. There were a long list of "rules" which you had to follow, or you would be reset back onto the track proper.
-there were a number of areas, dubbed "safe zones", which were located behind the barriers, but near the track, where a player could remain indefinitely. In photomode, you are free to walk about behind the barriers indefinitely. The farther from the track you roam, the more glitchy things become. Can lead to being reset back on the track, or becoming unable to walk around.
-there is one area where the ground is fully modelled (car would not sink through), but if you remained in the area for too long, you would be reset back onto the track - this area being the suspended portion of the Clubman Bridge (final 2 corners of Clubman R5). On this bridge, proximity to the actual track determined the length of time you could remain there before being reset. Average time was 7-8 seconds, if I remember correctly. In photomode, you are free to walk around this area indefinitely.
-there were several areas where the ground was partially modelled (car would sink about 6 inches), but which were passable for short periods of time (3-5 seconds). These areas are not as highly detailed. In photomode, you are frozen in place where the car is at the time of the Pause, but you are free to look around with the camera.

These photos were taken to explore the possibilities of new photo locations, as well as explore new vantage points of the track. My style of photography in GT is to attempt to make the locations seem as "un-GT" as possible, if that makes sense. These photos were not take clearly illustrate what I was doing, but rather to disguise it, so apologies if some of the photos seem rather obscure.

The first is taken from the first Safe Zone, located directly behind where the car appears on the Clubman bridge.

From here, you could do one of two things. You could either drive across the Clubman bridge to where you meet up with SSR5 again, or you could drive partway across the bridge, and then drive off the side of it so you would fall down to the lower level - near the track, but still outside the barrier. If you drove all the way across, you had limited time, so a quick car with good tires was required. If you dropped off the edge, you had to be mindful of your placement, but you could chose which side of the track you would end up on.

When running Clubman R5 Reverse, after T1, there is a single lane on/off ramp on your left. This road surface was fully modelled, and possible to drive on. You would have to do a hard 180' turn into it, and could then follow it down for a short time before being reset back on the track. You could last about 6-7 seconds out there.

If you proceed all the way across the bridge, you end up here

Once you are off the elevated portion of the road (on surface which is the same level as SSR5), you are in a Safe Zone. I don't have any pictures from here, as there's not much to look at. That said, the whole clubman bridge offers some nice vantage points of SSR5.

Note the sidewalks on both sides of the track, as well as the portion of road that is inside the hairpin...if you dropped off the Clubman bridge to the track level, it was possible to drive on the sidewalks and road surfaces visible. If you roamed too far from the track, you would be reset.

Track on the left. This whole intersection was safe to drive around in, the largest Safe Zone on this track level. Note the surface change beyond the crosswalk on the right. That's the edge of the Safe Zone. The road in the right crosses back over SSR5, but the surface is not solid.

An Evo on the other street which leads away from the intersection pictured above, outside the Safe Zone. Note the lack of shadows, and overall poor quality. I snapped this shot in 2-player mode, with a second car parked in the Safe Zone just past the Clubman bridge.

From the large Safe Zone above, if you drove parallel with the track where it goes down into the bright tunnel, you would leave the safe area, sinking into then ground slightly as the elevation rose (bridge over the tunnel). If you proceeded with enough speed, you could drive through the terrain, and appear in another Safe Zone beside the triple S-bend. Both of the intersections on the outside of the track were safe to drive and park in. The side roads were possible to drive on, but not fully detailed, and would reset you back onto the track after one or two seconds.

Triple S-curve to the left out of frame. Note the surface change behind the rear wheels. I'm right on the threshold of the zone.

A few more from the same location

From the zone above, you could proceed beside the track slightly farther to the second intersection. Some of the sidewalk, and a small section of the "park" were safe to drive on.

Note the cranes and shipping containers in the back...very much in the position the would be if SSR5 is located in the city visible over the water to the left when you cross the bridge on SSRX. You can also see these cranes from the end of the main straight, and I believe there is a sign which says either Port, Airport, or both.

Looking across the water, aiming more left than the photo above

Once...ONCE!!! I managed to reach the safe zone located on the other side of the track from this final intersection. It's the road that goes between all the glass buildings. The reason I only managed it once, is that the run up to it is much shorter, and the braking zone so you don't squirt back out onto the track is much much shorter. I managed it once in an X1, but not during a photo run of any sort :(.

Ok, so now off to a different portion of the track. From the safe zone located after the Clubman curves, you could proceed CAREFULLY through the tires piled on the outside of the corner. Sneaking through these tires, you could make it all the where there is an on/off ramp located on your right. This was another Safe Zone, and while rather small compared to others, opened up a world of exploring :)

Here are some pics of a car near the top of the ramp. Evo on the track proper, STi behind the barriers.

R33 further down the ramp than the STi. This ramp continues down, all the way under the track, all safe to drive on. At the bottom is a small areas, barely big enough to turn around in.

Just out of frame to the right is a "wall" which ends the safe zone. The modelling detail down under the track (this photo is actually taken partially under the track) is very poor. Massive blocks of greys and black.

But, what's through that wall???

Well, even though it is horribly modelled, there is a road through that wall!! If you proceed through the wall, you end up on this road. The pic below is actually taken from farther down the road, looking back at the location where you "pop through the wall" - the specific location being just past the Orange bricks on the right. The bridge which is crossing over the road is the actual SSR5 track (just after Turn 5, before the S-curve)

Same direction, further back. Note the road surface with the white striping on the left. This is the bottom of the ramp which is located between turns 4 and 5. It's on the right side, and does a very drastic (almost unrealistic) 180, before going down in elevation. In GT5, it was not possible to make it to this ramp. In GT6 however, it was possible. It was tricky as hell, but it was possible. Sadly, I have no photos from this ramp (probably best photo spot too, with the water in the background).

Lastly, these are some exploritory pics I took of different things I could see / reach from this large 3 lane road. I would basically drive a car as far as I could before being reset, and then watch the replay. Pause the replay just before reset, and then have a look around. These pics were taken a couple of years ago now, so Im a little fuzzy on exactly which way im looking and whatnot.

Well, that's all I can find in my old photobucket account for now. I think I have a few more in some places, I'll throw them up if I find them.

It is PD though...
How you can glitch out to those safe zones?

I really hope they add that layout. Also, with that tunnel we can test out the whole "drive upside down" concept F1 teams claim. I personally think it'll be possible in GT

Ok, so this "end of cant" thing was bothering me, so i googled "end of cant, japanese translation" and it brought up a line of japanese letters, which i copied and pasted back into my google bar, asking for the english translation. Now I expected it to say "end of cant" right? But it didnt, it said

"it is not possible to end"

Hhhmmm... makes more sense than "end of cant", but what might it mean? Perhaps someone with more insight into the Kaz's mind can say.

I am sure I'm not this first to do this but I haven't seen anyone else mention it so do with it what you will.

Latest Posts

Back