Standard Cars Here

only got a couple pics so far, but i mainly drive standard cars, as that's where all my favorite cars are.

Lexus SC300, about 730hp.
sc300m.jpg

You got taste! :D

I've got a blue SC300 too and I absolutelly LOVE IT. My favorite car so far!

Here some by me...

My actual favorites are standards... the Lexus SC300 (the blue one that you can see on GT5_Delay_hater pics and the E46 M3! =) Let me show moarr!!

BTW, the "Lexy" (how I call the blue one Lexus) got some phat @ss friends... yeah, I smoked the Lambo @ Daytona. Feel so proud :dopey:

I wonder when someone will get the Tank car :). I do really like the standard cars. I had a blast on cape ring with the 2 U-turns in an Evo 3 300hp. 4 wheel drifts are so controllable with the G27.

SC300 looking fun.

The berlinetta is by far THE worst looking standard car in the game. It truly looks exactly like that pic above.

It drives just as awful........ it just does not like steering faster than 50mph or braking without the back end taking over.

The standard cars aren't that bad of an idea IMO. The fact you have plently of prestine, fancy, EXTREMELY well modeled cars in the dealership is enough (for me).

It seems they did the standards only for used dealership is to add some varietly to as what you might quickly buy for a race, and then sell later. It's sorta sad thought that there are some awesome standard cars that should be premium (Shelby Cobra).

Haven't used any standards yet, but they don't seem too horrible (forza fanboys hate the idea-look at the GT5 thread on the forza forums and chuckle at what they say).

It seems that not all Standards cars are created equally, some of them are good looking, some others are bad, and others are really much better than expected!

Keep those photos coming, good or bad, Thanks for all of you posting and taking pictures, those are awesome!

The standard cars aren't that bad of an idea IMO. The fact you have plently of prestine, fancy, EXTREMELY well modeled cars in the dealership is enough (for me).

It seems they did the standards only for used dealership is to add some varietly to as what you might quickly buy for a race, and then sell later. It's sorta sad thought that there are some awesome standard cars that should be premium (Shelby Cobra).

Haven't used any standards yet, but they don't seem too horrible (forza fanboys hate the idea-look at the GT5 thread on the forza forums and chuckle at what they say).

The fact that PD/Kaz had to compromise in having Premium and Standard cars in GT5, but the way they came about to present it, makes very much sense to me now!

It all comes together, i love it! Premium are for cars sold at the dealerships, the quality is shown and reflected.

As for Standard cars, sold from the used car lot, looks not as good, and it makes sense, when you go buy a car from someone, it will never be as nice as from the dealer. It will look bad and crappy in comparison, and that's something i can live with.

I am loving this game!

Guys, the point here is to distinguish between standard cars seen in game versus standard cars taken in photomode. The graphics quality is truly horrfying for some of the standard car models when viewed in game, and indeed also the environmental textures (trees, mountains, etc). The saving grace of GT5 in many cases is the photomode, where reviewers, publications and gamers are convienently pointed to when exporting in game media. Photomode expertly re-renders the in game media to be in 1080p resolution, clears up any bad textures, shadows, and making iy ready for export.

Really, what I find the most disconcerting is the inconsistency between what gamers see in game verses what they see in the GT watermarked photomode images.

I hope to upload contrasting shots of the Hommel Berlinetta (I know my spelling is off...)tomorrow evening - those seen in game verses seen in photomode.

No, the point here is to post some nice shots of standard cars, take your idea somewhere else, this is not a war against standard cars thread.

I see PD realised their rendition of BMW's Laguna Seca Blue in GT4 was a completely different colour and they've used the right one this time, so why the heck didn't they realise the importance of the car and make it premium! Fools.

Hey, tvvisted how do you get that far from the car. I notice I always hit boundaries where I can't go any farther from the car like that.

Sorry for the late reply, in that particular corner, theirs 4 different cameras, I think it was the 3rd one. You can only move it slightly left/right and up/down, its on a tripod.

Corvette C1 may look good and sound great, but my good the prices for restoration are insane.
30,000 for Engine Overhaul.
50,000 for Body Rigidity. :scared:

Back