"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
Suzuki Concept-S2 '03
Lol i should use that dead body pitcure on that.

Anyway, apparently driver on the Concept S2 already looks like they had a headsnap on the static.
Eecustom image.jpg

Aaaaand go LEFT!
Ttcustom image.jpg

Heres something to cheer you up. Have some Senna grabbing a literal flywheel while sticking his head out of window, literally.
11111custom image.jpg

Lol i should use that dead body pitcure on that.

Anyway, apparently driver on the Concept S2 already looks like they had a headsnap on the static.
View attachment 208292
Aaaaand go LEFT!
View attachment 208293
Heres something to cheer you up. Have some Senna grabbing a literal flywheel while sticking his head out of window, literally.
View attachment 208298

It reminds me of that scene from Ace Ventura, when Jim Carrey drives his car with his head out of the window, because the windshield was broken or something.
One of the first things I did when I got my driving license. Oh, the humanity...

Also badged as a Cadillac Catera in North America, too. I see one go past me every day on my way to work.

The Catera derives from the 2nd generation Opel Omega/Vauxhall Carlton, and not the one from the Lotus Carlton.
It does share it's underpinings (and most of the body panels) with the Holden Monaro/Commodore that are in the game, although with different engines.

There's a great rFactor mod with a similar car. Google "Toyota AE86 Club rFactor".
And here the skin of the car in your pic.
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=32771

I've got that mod! 👍 Haven't played rfactor for ages

The Catera derives from the 2nd generation Opel Omega/Vauxhall Carlton, and not the one from the Lotus Carlton.
It does share it's underpinings (and most of the body panels) with the Holden Monaro/Commodore that are in the game, although with different engines.

Vauxhall Omega
Vauxhall-Omega-600.jpg

I have a certain standard car that i wanna inspect. Just to return the thread to the topic
As a hint: I find that its, as said above, unremarkable and unintresting in GTPlanet's eyes, while i find it intresting that someone did modify it. And no, i already inspected the Carlton.

Last edited:
Right, the car that everyone on GTPlanet forgets is in GT6.
What was it again? Trumpchi? no, it would never be in GT, Auto... Autobianchi! Yes!
Its no Semi-premium, but definately one of the better standards
yCJjqKM.jpg

The front has a grill which looks it was devoted effort to. Lets keep in mind that Lights are the last thing PD do for standards.
r79d52Y.jpg

The wheels look like some of the best for standard cars, and can stand up to a ton of standard wheels.
XCjpUkC.jpg

It looks decent when viewed in chasecam. reminding you that yo could be driving something worse.
Now, the description says its the icon of the 70's, but what are most GTPlaneters thinking when they think of a Hatchback from the 70's, the Golf, so lets see how the Golf stands up to the Autobianchi. Which is, way more cheap.
wT7ufz7.jpg

The grill looks like it wasn't devoted effort to. and even a part of the hood is bugged.
xupiiF8.jpg

Its wheels don't stand up to a ton of standard wheels, even if you put aside the fact that the wheels are plain.
LcE7Qtp.jpg

It doesn't look decent when viewed from chasecam view, reminding you, that you coulda' driven something better.
So, the Golf has the advantages of being faster, costing less.
While the Autobianchi has the advantages of Looking better for standard quality, being tuned by Abarth, and being called a Lancia outside of Italy, but question is, why does no one use it?
Maybe they got bored of it after they won the Sunday Cup in GT4,
Or maybe they think that just under 40k is too expensive, despite there being many cars above that price which are being bought, it was even used for RACING in real life, so what is the problem?

Right, the car that everyone on GTPlanet forgets is in GT6.
What was it again? Trumpchi? no, it would never be in GT, Auto... Autobianchi! Yes!
Its no Semi-premium, but definately one of the better standards
yCJjqKM.jpg

The front has a grill which looks it was devoted effort to. Lets keep in mind that Lights are the last thing PD do for standards.
r79d52Y.jpg

The wheels look like some of the best for standard cars, and can stand up to a ton of standard wheels.
XCjpUkC.jpg

It looks decent when viewed in chasecam. reminding you that yo could be driving something worse.
Now, the description says its the icon of the 70's, but what are most GTPlaneters thinking when they think of a Hatchback from the 70's, the Golf, so lets see how the Golf stands up to the Autobianchi. Which is, way more cheap.
wT7ufz7.jpg

The grill looks like it wasn't devoted effort to. and even a part of the hood is bugged.
xupiiF8.jpg

Its wheels don't stand up to a ton of standard wheels, even if you put aside the fact that the wheels are plain.
LcE7Qtp.jpg

It doesn't look decent when viewed from chasecam view, reminding you, that you coulda' driven something better.
So, the Golf has the advantages of being faster, costing less.
While the Autobianchi has the advantages of Looking better for standard quality, being tuned by Abarth, and being called a Lancia outside of Italy, but question is, why does no one use it?
Maybe they got bored of it after they won the Sunday Cup in GT4,
Or maybe they think that just under 40k is too expensive, despite there being many cars above that price which are being bought, it was even used for RACING in real life, so what is the problem?

Yes, but, look at the side view and compare them. The GTI, even though it is still a little rough, obviously has less blocky windows. The wheels aren't as good, we can agree on that. The grille is also accurate on the GTI because it is meant to be very dark, even if the headlights are pretty terrible. I don't see where the hood is bugged, it's the lighting. I think we can both agree that the door lines on both cars are just weak textures. I still think that the Autobianchi overall has more rough textures and "block" lines for round surfaces. Don't get me wrong, it's a good car and you have valid points, but... the GTI does have some better textures, if you will.

Yes, but, look at the side view and compare them. The GTI, even though it is still a little rough, obviously has less blocky windows. The wheels aren't as good, we can agree on that. The grille is also accurate on the GTI because it is meant to be very dark, even if the headlights are pretty terrible. I don't see where the hood is bugged, it's the lighting. I think we can both agree that the door lines on both cars are just weak textures. I still think that the Autobianchi overall has more rough textures and "block" lines for round surfaces. Don't get me wrong, it's a good car and you have valid points, but... the GTI does have some better textures, if you will.
Well, the hood bug, i might show it later in a more obvious angle.
Windows being more rough on the Lancia Autobianchi, well, they are a bit rough in the "straight" parts of the windows, i feel like its windows are better in the "corner" parts
And while the grille on the GTI is accurate, its not exactly straight and of good quality either.
And while the Autobianchi is a good car, even though Top Gear doesn't know what it is, its better when you paint it, get it drifting, and put an Avantime near it.
wxRyce8.jpg

Last edited:
^ which red is that? is it comes with the Autobianchi? i already own the car back in between February - May or something idk.

^ which red is that? does it comes with the Autobianchi? i already own the car back in between February - May or something idk.
Its not from the Autobianchi, i can tell you that much, and its metallic, that too.
Edit: The color is called "Rosso Met." which you can easily get from a Ferrari 512

Last edited:
I hope these semi-premiums indicate which cars will stay in GT7...
These Semi-Premiums will indicate which cars stay in GT7 (Please don't speculate, it can easily be taken as fact See what i did there?) Anyways, Kazunori Yamauchi has already said that any kind of standard car will be in GT7 as an archive of the cars in the GT series and that they will be worked on.

Back