"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
The MX-5 '89 is rather gorgeous at times...
1781147_902948579724633_4517828304927751553_o.jpg
Now paint it and it gets a racing stripe.

ESiwnquthub4dDvGOI_0.jpg

Subaru Umbrezza. :lol:
Cars from the original GT look like GT6's premiums compared to this pile of poo. Hopefully the environment textures will be updated for GT7 as well.

One of the Pescaralo's (loving the paper steering wheel)
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit.jpg

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_1.jpg

Nissan R92CP
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_2.jpg

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_3.jpg

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_4.jpg

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_5.jpg

BMW V12 LMR
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_6.jpg

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_7.jpg

BMW McLaren F1
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_9.jpg

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_10.jpg

Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_11.jpg

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_12.jpg

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_13.jpg

When the race suits are higher quality than most of the actual cars, you know that the developer's priorities are messed up.

Edit: Removed the Audi, thanks @Arixant for pointing out that it's the R10, which is a premium :dunce:

Last edited:
One of the Pescaralo's (loving the paper steering wheel)
View attachment 272140

View attachment 272141

Nissan R92CP
View attachment 272142

View attachment 272143

View attachment 272144

View attachment 272145

BMW V12 LMR
View attachment 272146

View attachment 272147

Audi R8 (Prototype, this looks good)
View attachment 272148

BMW McLaren F1
View attachment 272149

View attachment 272150

Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca
View attachment 272151

View attachment 272152

View attachment 272154

When the race suits are higher quality than most of the actual cars, you know that the developer's priorities are messed up.

Art.

When I use standards I'm running bumper cam! ;)

In all seriousness, this should not exist for gt7. Even if they dont have detailed interiors, all standards should be R390 level at least. Anything less is inexcuseable imo.

True. I used the DB7, Corvette GS, Viper '99, NSX-R '92, RX-7 RZ '96, GTO TT '95, GT-R V-SPEC '97, STI VER.IV '97, SUPRA RZ and GRIFFITH 500 for a trial trial on the original GT tracks. I had fun. I just couldn't see why those original cars(with the exception of the GT-R) are not Premium. Watching replays of those cars. Especially on Time Change tracks, they are out of place in GT6.

It's so odd to me, the cars look find on their home on GT4, but on GT5 & 6 they just look so odd. I guess it's the face the game brings out their jagged flaws. Anyway, this is basically why I think they should be dropped when GT7 comes around.
Nürburgring Nordschleife.jpg

Well, all I'll say is that PD should continue what they're doing right now and higher more people to model cars so they can increase their premium car production. Out of every set of cars they model every six months, they could choose a couple of standard cars the remodel as premium cars. I recommend they pick the more popular cars.

Don't know if this has been showcased yet, but one might find the 'hole' in the bonnet intake of the Hyundai Accent Rally Car '01 interesting. I would provide photos, but my PS3 is disconnected at the moment, waiting to be revived in the near future.....

This makes me go back to my idea on why PD didn't alter the premium skyline exteriors to make improved variants of the standard skylines like they done for the NA Mazda MX-5s & standard DB9. It seems like it could have been simple to do, yet they didn't do it.

YES! Let's update a SKYLINE R33's deplicate over a Aston Martin Vanquish, but hang on a sec, this one is a LM Edition? *CLAP* That's how it's done. /sarcasm.

Do not question PD logic!
I would if I could, but since I can't; I'll continue. :P

The most ironic thing about the fact PD hasn't tried the premium exterior method with the Skylines is that Nissans are their thing. So, you would expect them to do this.

Isn't the LM Limited just a special colour R33 V Spec?

Isn't there a premium R33 V Spec?

Why is this a standard?!
It also has vents in the bumpers...

...which became standard on the GTR a year or so later, so yeah. The standard model is completely pointless unless I'm missing something.

What I don't get is that why do the semi-premium Miatas and MX-5's have functional windshield wipers while the other semi-premiums don't?

Back