"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
Oh, if he wants to know HOW to actually do it, he'll have to find some tutorial. I think there is a "Standard Car photo cleanup thread" somewhere in the GT5 section.

I was looking for that :I. Arg.. it was a tutorial with the ZZII if i recall?

I'm an advocate for cockpit view. Thing is, I'm opening up to just give me perfect exteriors and semi finished interior.

Oh, so some sort of basic interior. I thought he literally meant unfinished as if half the interior was missing. :lol:
Well, since there are no dials, HUD, or working mirrors in interior view, it's really is kind of half an interior view. :sly:

Some of the Standards are partway there, I wonder if it might be worth fleshing out a similar low res thing (as part of semi-Premiumification).

The aesthetic effect is quite nice, I think, and the way attention is focused on what's outside the car is also useful. PD could offer the option between that and black frames.

Just don't look at it with the blur effect disabled...
I dont understand why the mirrors don't work, although it's probably a draw order / masking / shader thing.

Some of the Standards are partway there, I wonder if it might be worth fleshing out a similar low res thing (as part of semi-Premiumification).

The aesthetic effect is quite nice, I think, and the way attention is focused on what's outside the car is also useful. PD could offer the option between that and black frames.

Just don't look at it with the blur effect disabled...
I dont understand why the mirrors don't work, although it's probably a draw order / masking / shader thing.

Caterham or Prowler interiors are acceptable enough for me.

For those of us that prefer cockpit view, having standard interiors like that would be fine. As long as we can see the hand movements on the steering wheel and shift action, it would do wonders for the feel of driving. Even if night driving only illuminated the speedo and tach in the dash, thatd help unstead of the HUD.

random question, would people prefer premium interior on ALL cars before they start to work on improving exterior? I think its a good argument because we spend way more time driving than watching replays.

random question, would people prefer premium interior on ALL cars before they start to work on improving exterior? I think its a good argument because we spend way more time driving than watching replays.

I'll admit, I used to drive purely for the replays. Ever since GT1. GT6, not as much. But, I watch the car from the exterior more than interior during replays. Reading through forums, unless You have a wheel, seems like majority of people drive outside the car than cockpit view.

I use the interior view in free runs. I guess updated exteriors would be better than interiors, then the standards wouldn't stand out like they do now.

What is a HMD implementation?
Sorry, HMD stands for Head-Mounted Display in this case. I.e. things like Sony's Morpheus, possibly also a future Oculus product, maybe even others.

With that kind of close-range (wide angle) stereoscopic display, "head tracking" capability and high framerates, the otherwise static, obstructive and claustrophobic interior views would make more sense.

Why is it a shame? If you don't like them you don't have to use them.

That has nothing to do with what I'm saying. I use standards. I just bought a MINI COOPER '02. Slammed it on its guts and it makes sparks everywhere. ;)

In GTAV, there is no cockpit view. Yet, you can see the dash and instrumentation from outside the car while you drive. In GT, we know there is cockpit view and no simple dash. Thia is a dedicated car game. That's what I'm saying. We can talk and have been talking about this for years and it hasn't changed. That's the shame.

Back