"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
I understand what people mean when they say it but it's still a standard car - no cockpit modelling (exclude the "unfinished" VGT MB interior).

By saying "semi-premium", I just think people are too accepting of standard cars - as if they are overly happy they are in the game.

Inevitably somebody is going to tell me that I should be happy that these cars are even in the game OR "don't play GT anymore". Just my 2 cents.
What if we are? :odd:

Zonda C12S 7.3 '02
GT5 Standard /GT6 updated Standard
ZondaC12S_v021.jpg
ZondaC12S_v041.jpg

Links to all comparison shots in this thread >>>

Last edited:
What if we are? :odd:

Then I'm a bit lost, surely you all want the best from GT - the best console racing/driving game ever.

Standards aren't progression or innovation in any way/shape/form. I just get really annoyed over the topic as it's basically Kaz going against some of his own philosophies. He claims to always be innovating and pushing the series closer to reality - it isn't true though. Go ahead Kaz, keep wasting time on the moon and stars and NOT ever doing anything about the sounds of the vehicles you put into the game - or most importantly, not modelling all cars you put in the game equally.

I hope you see where I'm coming from though - call me negative, it's just the way I see it.

Then I'm a bit lost, surely you all want the best from GT - the best console racing/driving game ever.

Standards aren't progression or innovation in any way/shape/form. I just get really annoyed over the topic as it's basically Kaz going against some of his own philosophies. He claims to always be innovating and pushing the series closer to reality - it isn't true though. Go ahead Kaz, keep wasting time on the moon and stars and NOT ever doing anything about the sounds of the vehicles you put into the game - or most importantly, not modelling all cars you put in the game equally.

I hope you see where I'm coming from though - call me negative, it's just the way I see it.

Why are you bashers so obsessed with converting us fanboys to your negativity? Can you not just leave us alone with our "inferior" game?

Yes, there are some faults with the game. So what? There are faults with any game.

I think you're too serious about the name of that type of cars. Standard, simi-premium, or otherwise, it's change nothing. They look like what they look like. This blog is only to look at the difference on screens and to decide do you need those cars or not.

Why are you bashers so obsessed with converting us fanboys to your negativity? Can you not just leave us alone with our "inferior" game?

Yes, there are some faults with the game. So what? There are faults with any game.

I wouldn't hesitate in saying that I've probably spent more time on GT than you - it's my favourite game of all time and I've been buying it since GT1, as many of you guys will have as well. This isn't a matter of "fanboys" or "bashers" - being on gtplanet in the first place says it all doesn't it? We all love GT.

I'm just expressing my opinion on the way I feel the series has gone downhill, that's all.

Have a few requests, I heard that the Toyota supra SZ-R had been touched-up and you can remove wing on it...also I would please like to see the updated Ford Mustang SVT cobra R with it's wing removed because I also heard that you can remove the wing on it. So if anyone has these cars wingless, I would greatly appreciate if they posted a picture cause I don't have the game yet.

I wouldn't hesitate in saying that I've probably spent more time on GT than you - it's my favourite game of all time and I've been buying it since GT1, as many of you guys will have as well. This isn't a matter of "fanboys" or "bashers" - being on gtplanet in the first place says it all doesn't it? We all love GT.

I'm just expressing my opinion on the way I feel the series has gone downhill, that's all.
Good for you.

Now this is a thread comparing the GT5 standards with their updated GT6 counterparts. So if you really don't care for standards, why are you even in here?

Good for you.

Now this is a thread comparing the GT5 standards with their updated GT6 counterparts. So if you really don't care for standards, why are you even in here?

Where would you like me to post my views? I'm not whining or complaining (so don't suggest I go there) - just stating my personal view on standard cars.

We got that, but this isn't the thread to critic PD's choice for keeping standard cars in the game. This thread is just for showing how much PD has improved each standard car and nothing more.

I'm personally like the fact that PD tried improving the standard cars at this point rather than getting rid of them. Of course, I'm just a knuclkehead that at times likes quantity over quality. I don't blame people for wanting the opposite.

Where would you like me to post my views? I'm not whining or complaining (so don't suggest I go there) - just stating my personal view on standard cars.
There's other threads that discuss the standard cars in general that you can easily find if you just search.

We got that, but this isn't the thread to critic PD's choice for keeping standard cars in the game. This thread is just for showing how much PD has improved each standard car and nothing more.

I'm personally like the fact that PD tried improving the standard cars at this point rather than getting rid of them. Of course, I'm just a knuclkehead that at times likes quantity over quality. I don't blame people for wanting the opposite.

Finally a response not knocking my opinion, this thread seems to be the biggest relating to standard cars, I posted about standard cars - what more can I do? To be more precise, I posted about a term that some people are using to describe standard cars within THIS thread, how much more ON topic could I be?

Finally a response not knocking my opinion, this thread seems to be the biggest relating to standard cars, I posted about standard cars - what more can I do? To be more precise, I posted about a term that some people are using to describe standard cars within THIS thread, how much more ON topic could I be?
You could be more on topic if you actually contributed to the comparison between how they look in GT6 compared to GT5.

Sparky, you done did it now! The second you double post is the second the universe implodes. :lol:
Ever since the new GTP interface, I never double posted yet. I've only done a few times before, because of the app lagging. I don't see how it's possible to double post :P

You could be more on topic if you actually contributed to the comparison between how they look in GT6 compared to GT5.

Well if you actually read my initial post - you'd see that I am implying that I find it odd people are categorising standard cars. The title of this thread is

...so with that in mind, you might of realised that I was simply disagreeing with the title of the thread (totally on topic). Standards are standards in my opinion, some of you disagree with that - it's a forum, discussion is the purpose of forums.

Ever since the new GTP interface, I never double posted yet. I've only done a few times before, because of the app lagging. I don't see how it's possible to double post :P
I haven't double posted in a long time either, the only time I double posted I think was when I wasn't completely aware of the rules yet.

Sparky, you done did it now! The second you double post is the second the universe implodes. :lol:
I think I just divided by zero :nervous:
This computer is terrible compared to my normal PC. It lags a lot on GTP and sometimes causes me to indulge in this dark art of double posting unwillingly.

I think I just divided by zero :nervous:

This computer is terrible compared to my normal PC. It lags a lot on GTP and sometimes causes me to indulge in this dark art of double posting unwillingly.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Well if you actually read my initial post - you'd see that I am implying that I find it odd people are categorising standard cars. The title of this thread is

...so with that in mind, you might of realised that I was simply disagreeing with the title of the thread (totally on topic). Standards are standards in my opinion, some of you disagree with that - it's a forum, discussion is the purpose of forums.

Yes, the title is that; as in showing the "good" standard cars, the "bad" standard cars, and the "ugly" standard cars. It's not really about basic standard car discussing other then what we think of each of the standard cars in terms of quality.

Also, don't take the semi-standard/ semi-premium thing so seriously. That's just a category some of us made up since there's some premium & standard cars that features that are normally found in their opposing categories.

Last edited:

You did this in my thread too (GT6 port for PS4), and it needs too stop. You pick some random abstraction of the topic that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the actual topic being discussed. You are bending the topic so you can rant about how bad the series is. It is a little obnoxious.

You did this in my thread too (GT6 port for PS4), and it needs too stop. You pick some random abstraction of the topic that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the actual topic being discussed. You are bending the topic so you can rant about how bad the series is. It is a little obnoxious.

I remember very well, you respond in the same way every single time. 'Go take it elsewhere'. Yawn.

If anything, YOU are the one who twists opinions (usually mine) so that I don't disagree with the flow of the thread and possibly leave it alone.

Living in your world, everybody would just sit happily, accepting anything that comes your way - good and bad. Not much spice in that is there?

P.S Since when did spotting faults in a game become ranting about "how bad the series is". Let me reiterate, I'm most likely a bigger fan of the series than you - I care that much about GT, I don't want it to have flaws that could eventually see it not being the best console driving game on the market.

But you disregard what we are actually doing in this thread. This thread is about how improved "Standard" machines are relative to how they were in GT6, not about why they are in the game still and why we call some of them "Semi-premium".

Let's just get back to uploading comparison shots of the "Standard" cars that are improved in GT6 over there GT5 versions.

I remember very well, you respond in the same way every single time. 'Go take it elsewhere'. Yawn.

If anything, YOU are the one who twists opinions (usually mine) so that I don't disagree with the flow of the thread and possibly leave it alone.

Living in your world, everybody would just sit happily, accepting anything that comes your way - good and bad. Not much spice in that is there?

P.S Since when did spotting faults in a game become ranting about "how bad the series is". Let me reiterate, I'm most likely a bigger fan of the series than you - I care that much about GT, I don't want it to have flaws that could eventually see it not being the best console driving game on the market.

I responded in the same way because that's what you should have done.

I didn't twist your opinion, I just told you to take it elsewhere :sly:

I'm not saying people shouldn't complain. It's the only way things get better. But that doesn't mean that you complain in EVERY SINGLE THREAD. There is a specific place for that.

I responded in the same way because that's what you should have done.

I didn't twist your opinion, I just told you to take it elsewhere :sly:

I'm not saying people shouldn't complain. It's the only way things get better. But that doesn't mean that you complain in EVERY SINGLE THREAD. There is a specific place for that.

With your logic, any "complaint" or any issue that is brought up going against the main flow of the thread (even when it is related directly to the topic) = take it elsewhere. Just don't think that's right - then again you think my posts aren't right.

This is going nowhere so I'll leave now but I hope that everyone who initially disregarded my point of view (don't lie to yourself - you know you did) understands what I was saying was on topic. In no way was I trying to flame on this thread as some of you have taken it.

tl;dr - I love the GT series, always have and will, but I'm not willing for it to ever slide from the mantle as best console racing game. (Yes, this is ridiculously off topic now :lol: )

Well, not so much. It was upgraded, but only model and not all panels are separated. Textures are still horrible.

ib0b79MGNxSnCM.jpg

ib0K76Qi3xmz1K.jpg

ikYhsD2iXKPai.jpg

ibvvd757NcKSTh.jpg
So the 905 is only slightly improved. It's a shame for one of the fastest (if not the fastest) Le Mans car ever. I don't Knox why PD shows no love for this car. I remember it was totally broken un GT4...

A car is either standard or premium. At best a standard car has been touched up - it's still standard. This "semi-premium" term is being thrown around far too much, not even a true statement.

there are a few "semi" premiums that look like more then just a texture upgrade, rather a new model, with the only difference between a premium being some headlight detail and lack of interior...just as in GT5 standards were gradually improved, i'm sure well see all standards upgraded.

Hopefully PD can see some sense in using premium parts on the standard dupes...

That happens when you choose quantity over quality 👎

PD could have easily erased the worst looking standard they were not going to upgrade...
Wow, that looks like a GTA III vehicle. Awful. How they keep that on is a complete mystery to me.

Back