"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
Some of the Semi's i so happen to have on my Flickr. I just remembered the RS200 is one, and by chance i bought it and went for a spin, for it to just.. WAW.

14000388803_965143b2c5_o.jpg

Really had no idea the S4 got such a treatment, because front jaggies. And it's gold because i used to have one and we repainted it such (a '98 A4, though.)

13867213545_1a88f8693f_o.jpg

And aside from RUFs, we have the great Jag. Now if we can get the lights to work like a premium..

13717242555_5403a7e88c_o.jpg
front bumper of S4 isin't updated :/

Yeah and the Auto Union V16 with a couple others since launch have been given slight treatment.
I don't know about any others, but I think the Auto Union was just a materials tweak. Like the recent change to the GT5 polarised paints; so it's sort of a parameters thing rather than the mesh and texture changes we'd "prefer" to see. I mean, it was still welcome, because the Type C's appearance was crazy at first.

I don't know about any others, but I think the Auto Union was just a materials tweak. Like the recent change to the GT5 polarised paints; so it's sort of a parameters thing rather than the mesh and texture changes we'd "prefer" to see. I mean, it was still welcome, because the Type C's appearance was crazy at first.

I'm just telling him what cars have had visual changes or adjustments since launch like he asked, if the question was about standard to semi-premium or premium since launch. Then I would have thought about textures and meshing as I've talked about much earlier in this thread, and then would have told him that none have been given such treatment. Overall though there have been cars that have had "treatment" to what ever degree PD thinks is needed at that moment even though it's not to the level we all might like.

It looks good because PD decided to put the '06 DB9 exterior for the '03 one :)
That makes sense, considering the '03 DB9 has working reverse lights. I should mention the steering is on the left, not the right for the '03 as well.

Last edited:
In my opinion, the best looking standard car in the whole game is the Aston Martin DB9 '03.
Here it is compared to the '06 DB9, which is premium. View attachment 146846

Is a simply copy-paste of the premium exterior, just like for the tons of miatas

The question is: why a man that can drive the model with interior should drive the one without interior?!?... no sense

Last edited:
Is simply a copy-paste of the premium exterior, just like for the tons of miatas

The question is: why a man that can drive the model with interior should drive the one without interior?!?... no sense
It's 20,000 Cr. cheaper.

Is simply a copy-paste of the premium exterior, just like for the tons of miatas

I will say again my somewhat stupid idea:

Framerate/optimization.

A standard car or premium without interior mixed in the grid use less resources than a full premium. Even considering LODs.

And with that they probably made several tests to decide which could be the best solution for standards...

Those cars look decent but they're far from the quality of true premium models. I note you haven't zoomed into the finer details, a common theme it seems when trying to show off good standards.

That's up to the same quality as the GPX/GP Version R, as well as the Super Touring car.
The main problem with the super touring car, I think, is the texture work. That's a common theme with these semi-premiums. That and the wheels, often.
I'm just telling him what cars have had visual changes or adjustments since launch like he asked, if the question was about standard to semi-premium or premium since launch. Then I would have thought about textures and meshing as I've talked about much earlier in this thread, and then would have told him that none have been given such treatment. Overall though there have been cars that have had "treatment" to what ever degree PD thinks is needed at that moment even though it's not to the level we all might like.
I wasn't correcting you.

The main problem with the super touring car, I think, is the texture work. That's a common theme with these semi-premiums. That and the wheels, often.

Textures for vinyls seems to be low-res in general, even for some premium models. If you zoom up close to the premium Blitz Skyline, you'll see poor texture quality. There is only so much you can do with 256MB of RAM.

Back