"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
Forza is the closest to GT in a large number of auto makers licensed brands and road cars, meaning combined restrictions problems in a unique gameplay format. Can you explain how the more detailed Forzavista cars in FM4 or FM5 have been translated to a better visual damage compared to the previous FM3 for example?
I was looking more towards pCARS, but given what Not_A_Guest has said, I will concede that details don't have much influence over visual damage.
It's one of the major features of the series and what makes the game unique, even today, and a success at its first attempt in 1997.
For the same reason, GT5/6 are unique in that there is no other game with such a large inconsistency in quality between the models.
Is not different as yours. I'm just looking at the updated standards (semi premiums?) in GT6 and you are just looking at the worst non updated standards, assuming that would look the same in GT7 as oposite than me.
How many models have been updated since GT5?

...that I do not have.

Not by my PS3 where I could take photos of it but it really is quite horrible.
Your PS3 has a major malfunction where it doesn't allow you to take photos from GT6, export them to the system, and then copy it to a USB? That is a rather broken PS3

Your PS3 has a major malfunction where it doesn't allow you to take photos from GT6, export them to the system, and then copy it to a USB? That is a rather broken PS3
Goodness I didn't mean it like that :lol:

What I meant is that my PS3 just isn't hooked up right now. Maybe I'll do it just for this purpose 💡

Just give me like 5 minutes. DONE. Note that I'm not an amazing photo taker but it's the best I could do.

Gemasolar.jpg
Gemasolar_1.jpg
Gemasolar_2.jpg
Gemasolar_3.jpg
Gemasolar_4.jpg
Gemasolar_5.jpg
Gemasolar_6.jpg

Last edited:
Goodness I didn't mean it like that :lol:

What I meant is that my PS3 just isn't hooked up right now. Maybe I'll do it just for this purpose 💡

Just give me like 5 minutes. DONE. Note that I'm not an amazing photo taker but it's the best I could do.

View attachment 196909 View attachment 196910 View attachment 196911 View attachment 196912 View attachment 196913 View attachment 196914 View attachment 196915
And i thought the Carlton looked like a giant painted cardboard cutout with wheels...

Hoping Kaz sees this thread "if" he comes to GTP. Might change his mind about his current thoughts on standards.

Now went through pages 78 to 60. Never forget :P

Glad PD cleaned the 3000GT cars up a little bit. They were one of my favorites when I first started playing GT. I hope in the next round of clean up they rid the cars of these GT4 era pixels though. I love using photomode and seeing these huge pixels drives me crazy! :lol:
View attachment 105813

View attachment 102112 I love living in 2014! -_- WTF GT2.5

iwsc8Cj.jpg

Dear god this is atrocious.

I sure hope this stuff is fixed by the time GT7 comes to the PS4. I cannot imagine.. :yuck:

View attachment 104185

too bad...

This just made me cry.
5qSopyI.jpg

ZSKDxTo.jpg
'

i focused in on this shot. looks like 🤬
p0WZqmf.jpg

gUHvO9x.jpg

what the 🤬 polyphony?

While browsing this thread I found a quite amusing thing: there's an user here on this thread, called Mikhail K, that only posted good looking pictures of standards, cherry picking the updated ones and comparing them to GT5.

Having not seen him elsewhere, I went into his profile and realized he pretty much registered on GTP just for that purpose, when GT6 was just released, then left the site in February. PD employee?
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/search/1932579/

Last edited:
While browsing this thread I found a quite amusing thing: there's an user here on this thread, called Mikhail K, that only posted good looking pictures of standards, cherry picking the updated ones and comparing them to GT5.

Having not seen him elsewhere, I went into his profile and realized he pretty much registered on GTP just for that purpose, when GT6 was just released, then left the site in February. PD employee?
Search could not be found. Can we try again please? :)

Yeah. I viewed all his pictures when he was still active. I dont know if he even left at February. Thats too bad, though.

Maybe he will come back when GT7 arrive in PS4 with its STANDARD CARS OMG WHY PD?!?!?!!!

Last edited:
His posts are a lot more useful than "BLAH BLAH ALTO WORKS BLAH BLAH* every couple pages regardless of any ulterior motives. Now we have a direct baseline of comparison rather than, say, an 8 page thread where 90% of the posts are about "how PD totally redid the Standards and they look much better" that only produced one real direct example for comparison (... the Alto Works).

Is there even any reason for this to be in Gran Turismo?
It was one of the fastest cars in production at the time of its launch, and it happened to be a 4 door sedan to boot, so I'd say yes.

Back