Vote for the name of Team Gtplanet

• Total voters

sems4arsenal

Nissan Sunny FTW
Premium
Egypt
Cairo, Egypt
GTP_SEMS
Three-times British Touring Car Championship title holder Matt Neal has teased about two upcoming driving games from Codemasters Racing.

Codemasters%20Logo.jpg
And we have an update

http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/04/introducing-grid-autosport/

But we hope that it signals a pivot which we’re taking at Codemasters, to cater more closely to our core fanbase, to be responsive where we can and hopefully reassure you that when you talk to us, we do listen, even if we cannot act on everything you’d like.
On release of GRID 2, I think it’s fair to say that through listening to you guys and a after a substantial amount of reflection, we hadn’t quite achieved everything we set out to do. We’re proud of the game, really delighted with some of the great reviews for it, but we’re not above admitting that we made a few decisions that perhaps we shouldn’t have, and perhaps moved some of the aspects of the game too far away from our core fanbase.

When you’re making games, you always have to make choices – which features to include, what emphasis to put on various aspects of gameplay – even if we had unlimited resources (we don’t by the way!) there’s always people who are going to be disappointed. And we’re obviously aware, that some of you were. We’re not ok with that.
The Handling

As ever, our handling model has had a lot of effort put into it and you’ll really notice the difference, we think, from GRID 2. For GRID Autosport we’ve gone back to a more authentic handling style. It’s definitely not a full simulation – we want it to be authentic, not clinical – but it’s more towards that end of the spectrum than before. If anything, we believe the handling is actually one or two steps further towards simulation than Race Driver: GRID, to give you an idea.​

Last edited:
Was going to post this up. I heard Dirt 4 is coming this year. A new ToCA is a major surprise. But welcome. Please be true and be PS3!

Unless they have given a bucket load of cash to Alan Gow it's not likely to be a BTCC/ToCA game. I would love to be proven wrong but its more likely to be Dirt4 and some kind of Grid spin off with more track based racing.

Yeah Dirt 4 is pretty much a given, wouldn't surprise me if that Grid spin off at the very least featuring alot of BTCC cars and maybe WTCC cars aswell.

I hope they revisit the days of ToCA Race Driver and maybe even GRiD (the first one). Everything made after those games were, in all honesty, terrible. I still like them sort of as developers and I will probably be picking this game up regardless. :lol: Very good news and can't wait for more!

The problem is the BTCC isn't the way it was when TOCA was last around (like what has happened to WRC), it wouldn't be a big seller so I doubt they would put the cash into it. Unless they went the 'Race Driver' route in which case it would be no different to GRID.

But yeah a classic themed game with all golden era cars would be amazing.

I hope they revisit the days of ToCA Race Driver and maybe even GRiD (the first one). Everything made after those games were, in all honesty, terrible. I still like them sort of as developers and I will probably be picking this game up regardless. :lol: Very good news and can't wait for more!

I agree that after GRID codemasters's games haven't exactly excited me!! Shame as back in the ps1/ps2 era they were one of my favourite publishers, the toca & colin mcrae games were superb!

I understand companies move series on but i just haven't liked the new direction their taking!!

A little off subject but mentioning the colin mcrae games reminded of another game i have great memories with... VRally 3!! Played that game to death and the more time goes by the more i think they just don't make racing games like they used to :(

I would imagine he is alluding to Grid 3, perhaps on current gen and with a full BTCC licence? I can't really imagine the series just going back to what was covered in TOCA, rather it is likely to expand and take in more content and licences. Which is still v interesting of course :) Here's hoping for DTM and other series to be included also.

The Group A and Super Touring years would make for a heck of a racing retrospective. Could start out as a privateer in Group A and become a works driver by the turn of the millennium. Years of racing and excitement.

If only.

They could have a promising, exciting and well liked game on their hands if they get this right.

I mean it's not limited to BTCC, they could include Porsche (But then again, EA licence fun), Ginetta and Formula Ford. If they couldn't get the Porsche Carerra Cup they could perhaps get the British F3/GT licence like they did for ToCA Race Driver 3. That would be the two top UK series and awesome cars enclosed in one game, though I guess Gow wouldn't be pleased with that scenario.

Wait. TOCA. The TOCA? The one that had an amazing array of racing from F1 to NASCAR to Rallying?! That TOCA!? :D

I'm seriously excited for DiRT4. I'm crossing my fingers that they'll announce it in the coming months. I'm tired of CM's ''subtle'' teasers (goddammit' Codemasters :D). Though, I wonder if it'll be a cross-gen game at this point. As for a new possible GRID/TOCA game, there's no way but up after GRID2.

One of them could very likely be DiRT 4 (though I really hope they find another name and put a non-Block car on the cover), I remember a CM survey on offroad racing games a little while ago (of course I had to praise the "real" rally game Richard Burns Rally). Though I'm pretty sure this one will have more explosions, loop-de-loops and other nonsense "b'cause Jimcana and stuntz". Maybe even to the point where you'd think you're playing a Hotwheels game. If that's the case, :yuck:.

I'm more interested in the other one. I never had a chance of playing the original ToCA games (what is it with CM and capital-notcapital-capital-capital titles? :lol: ), but I really liked the second generation (Race Driver). I'm just dreaming now: Race Driver 3 amounts of racing series (perhaps even more, BTCC?), updated physics system, an even more non-linear career progression. If it's anything similar to that, I'll forgive CM for not releasing any good games over the last 7 years or so.

ToCA is the stylistic choice of the old Touring Car Association, not artistic license on Codemasters' behalf.

I know (Touring Car Association, duh), I'm just noting it. ToCA has a deeper meaning. DiRT could mean Dirty Racing Team, but I seriously doubt that :lol:

Point being, in ToCA, the use of capitals makes sense. It doesn't in DiRT. That, and the usage of capital letters can have been a slight nudge towards the ToCA games. In which case it would make sense.

Am I the only one who could envisage BTCC, Ginetta Juniors, GT Supercup, Clio Cup, Formula Ford and Super Touring on the one game?

Am I the only one who could envisage BTCC, Ginetta Juniors, GT Supercup, Clio Cup, Formula Ford and Super Touring on the one game?

If it's a reboot of ToCA then that's what it'll effectively be I should think. What a fabulous game that was, cost me a lot of hours :D

Seeing the games Codemasters has put out in the last 5 years they will surely **** up this reboot as well.

R.I.P. ToCA

I like DIRT and I enjoyed gymkhana lol.

@rallymorten Im going to go on a limb here and say that DIRT is called DIRT, because it's centered around Dirt.

The rally in that game is amazing.

I had *not* been able to guess that @nascarfan1400 :lol: (yet you have to admit, the dirty part hasn't exactly the main priority lately)

But the chances of CM making something I'd call a truly awesome racing game.. the last of that kind was Race Driver 3, arguably GRID (Liked and still play both of them. Speaking of which, I wonder if the RD3 servers are still up..)

Back