Grid Autosport (General Discussion)

Vote for the name of Team Gtplanet

• Total voters
GRID was fun for 10 minutes but the awful physics were too much as was that annoying American twang of "24 Hours of Le Maaaaaans".

I have not played GRID 2 so I don't know if the engine was improved and if so, by how much. Could someone fill me in on this? Still, I quietly anticipate a current season BTCC or even WTCC game if one was to be made.

But, TOCA 2 on PC is one of the best racing games ever. Try doing the Championship on Expert mode. Just try it. This is Nintendo Hard.

/rosetint

GRID was fun for 10 minutes but the awful physics were too much as was that annoying American twang of "24 Hours of Le Maaaaaans".

Yeah they were pretty bad. Still loved the game though! Probably the only game I enjoyed drifting in. :)

I have not played GRID 2 so I don't know if the engine was improved and if so, by how much. Could someone fill me in on this?

I wouldn't even waste my time with it. Being a huge fan of the first GRiD, after a 5 year wait, the second installment was worse then that of GT4 to GT5. Physics were thrown out the window with this one.

I'm a bit confused by this. What games are you referring to?

Grid was great, Grid 2 was solid but not terrible. All the dirt titles are good fun on rallies, and very tough to win on the highest difficulty.

Then you got the F1 series, and with each installment it gets better and better. Each game has had universal acclaim and sold millions, I'm an F1 nut and I love those games. As far as the physics/gameplay go... (bugs aside) its excellent.

P.S Does anyone know how game companies, and more specifically, Codemaster's works?

i.e Do they just have a single building with a bunch of guys who make games. That'd mean the guys who did F1, did Grid, Dirt or any of there 'racing' games in the last few years? Excluding new employees and those who left of course. Or do they have a bunch of different teams who handle different titles? In which case the guys who made Dirt might not even know the guys who make F1.

Just trying to wonder if the guys who made Toca are still even employed by Codie's, and if they are which title they are/have been working on.

I am refering to all F1 pieces of crap. The crappy Grid 2. The buggy and always crashing Dirt 3. The always resetting my controls Dirt 2 (alt tab out of the game, but that can be avoided. But its a pain to change anything in Simvibe).

I just dislike Codies their buggy pieces of crap that never get fixed, or they only give fixes with more annoying bugs. Plus the canned simcade FFB and limited steering angle isn't my cup of tea either.

Of all these games, I think I enjoyed Dirt 2 the most. I couldn't enjoy Dirt 3 ask it always crashed. The F1 games were always royally bad. I think the one I played most was the first one.

Anyway, I am not a codies fan. Hopefully they can get their act together. They just need to do a more proper QA job (fix their game engine's bugs).

Toca is the game that pulled me from PS2 online gaming to xbox online gaming. I will never forget that first epic moment racing (16) 67/68 fastback Mustangs on the track at once. Plus it was my first introduction to Bathurst (Mount Panarama) which is still my favorite track to this day. Then playing online for the first time was just such an excellent experience. Truly enjoyed this series.

Well there was this
hondacivic08.jpg

I just want a remake of TOCA 1 and 2 from PSX days, HD graphics, realistic physics, full championships, drivers, cars and tracks from 1997 to 2000+ ( BTCC ), and add bonus cars + tracks from TOCA Race Driver 2 and 3 - I am in heaven.

You read my mind 👍

As mentioned in another thread, the UK tax breaks could spur Codemasters on to do a BTCC game again. British based developer, working in Britain, making a game on a British based championship set entirely in Britain? Easy tax break.

Can Codies just go back to their original Grid physics pwease? :( I can see why they put the drift-to-go-faster smokey-tyres physics in Grid 2 (adds to the show of the game), but G1 did fine without it. And, online at least, nearly all body contact was lethal which it most certainly isn't.

Seriously all this game needs to be is Grid 1 touring cars with a modern lineup of cars and tracks, I'd play nothing else.

Just give us a new physics engine that doesn't have central axis steering, so nothing like GRID or F1.

As mentioned in another thread, the UK tax breaks could spur Codemasters on to do a BTCC game again. British based developer, working in Britain, making a game on a British based championship set entirely in Britain? Easy tax break.

The problem is all the sales would also be in.... Britain!

Of the population not all that many people follow the BTCC the way it is currently, and of those only a selection play video games so it would be hard for it to make money even with the tax breaks. It would either have to cover all era's of the BTCC or cover other global race series like the later TOCA's and Race Driver.

If they made it a simple budget title with just the current tracks, teams and cars it could sell OK but it comes down to the dev time needed to be put in.

If it is something along the lines of WTC, then I'm in. I doubt that they would go the Race Driver 2 & 3 route again, because we're already getting pCARS to fill that gap.

Back