Striped Aventador: **Disproven**

• Thread starter Davis
  • 185 comments
Like I said, I myself think its a chrome car reflecting stripes from another car...or something along them lines. Thats my best guess.

I think that painting the car a certain colour is the way forward. It's without doubt not a shadow, and I am inclined to say its not a reflection neither.

Funny how it turns up in the photo stream. Like PD are testing wether anyone is looking at it closely. I think they might throw pics like this in every now and again to arouse some interest. Much like they did with the Japanese X2010/11, whichever one it was.

Also Lamborghini do put stripes on there top end cars. Maybe a sneaky way to announce DLC early?

SimonK
The stripes aren't aligned quite correctly though, look at the gap either side of the badge.

Unless someone has found a way to import edited pics into the photo stream, but I doubt it.

I am firmly on the side of a PR stunt. There is no other viable explanation.

Also I you look really REALLY closely there is a stripe on the roof to.

The stripes aren't aligned quite correctly though, look at the gap either side of the badge.

I think that's down to the angle of the photo.

I personally agree with the theory that it's something done by PD, maybe an Easter Egg or something. It's definitely not shadows.

Unless someone has found a way to import edited pics into the photo stream, but I doubt it.

I am firmly on the side of a PR stunt. There is no other viable explanation.

Um, there are. Shadows and glitches are most likely still, stripes on a car is hardly worth creating a PR stunt. I also don't know why you mentioned those Red Bull 5G shots, they were taken by Japanese users like any other.

What I think so far...

1. It is not a shadow, the stripes are not jagged, there is no reflection (of a light pole perhaps?) on the windsheild, and although faint, there is evidence of stripes on the roof

2. The car seems to be in sideways motion. There is no counter-steering, but there is what resembles smoke on the left side. To me, that dismisses the shadow theory even further, being as someone would have to pause the game at exactly the right time, and how would they get the shadows to line up straight down the whole length of the hood and onto the roof?

3. It is not a Chromeline of some sort. the stripes are darker than the car & do not reflect the road like chrome paint.

4. The car itself is not chrome. It simply doesn't reflect enough of the environment around it. You don't see a clear reflection of the road underneath, especially on the part where it dents in on the front.

5. The stripes seem slightly off-centered to the right. While it could just be the angle of the picture, which I doubt, I wouldn't put it past PD to accidentally mess up, especially after stuff like backwards Ferrari Logos on the 458 Brake Calipers. But this off-centeredness is definitely intriguing about this car.

I really wish the Photo Stream gave more info to where the photos are taken. That way we would at least have a track to find possible areas for making double stripe shots.

The Avendator doesn't look as detailed and 'premium' as normal Aventadors. The Lamborghini badge is very distorted and jagged, and a lot of other details look very 'boxy' as if the car is still being rendered. I'm pretty sure this is a teaser released by PD.

Keep checking back on the Photo Stream and see if another photo like that pops up in a few days. If it does, then it's got to be a teaser.

SimonK
Um, there are. Shadows and glitches are most likely still, stripes on a car is hardly worth creating a PR stunt. I also don't know why you mentioned those Red Bull 5G shots, they were taken by Japanese users like any other.

I mentioned the 5G shots because it was a way to raise peoples awareness that the car exists. I know that if it wasn't for the thread that was created because the cars shown up on the photo stream then I wouldn't have known about it at all. So it just goes to show the effectiveness of it.

If you can show me another example of a car that does not have stripes, suddenly get stripes of that quality because of a shadow then I will happily say that I am wrong.

I also doubt that PD would create a PR stunt just for stripes on a car, but what about a new car pack with 5 cars in and a different Aventador, maybe more cars will turn up on the photo stream.

The point is its all just speculation. We should just wait and see.

Last edited:
It is a strange photo, I'm not actually sure what the image is by the steering wheel either, it looks like Jimmy Savilles head :/

priesty_lfc
It is a strange photo, I'm not actually sure what the image is by the steering wheel either, it looks like Jimmy Savilles head :/

:scared: It does actually! :scared:

tumblr_m858zw3XSY1qirrp0.gif

If it is a teaser of sorts, could it be (now this is quite out there, so bare with me) a basic livery editor? Quite possibly the guy wasn't good at aligning things so he got a near perfect result. Again, this is just a far fetched theory. :)

EliteDreamer
If it is a teaser of sorts, could it be (now this is quite out there, so bare with me) a basic livery editor? Quite possibly the guy wasn't good at aligning things so he got a near perfect result. Again, this is just a far fetched theory. :)

Would that not need quite a sizeable update? Im not saying that what your saying is crazy, because it's not. It's a really good suggestion.

Would that not need quite a sizeable update? Im not saying that what your saying is crazy, because it's not. It's a really good suggestion.

That's why I used the word "basic." ;) Just putting out that it probably isn't so complex.

Firstly this Aventador, now the Corvette on the other thread? Kaz's christmas plans being leaked?!

But the Aventador driver face looks like a fake to me...

Honestly what is going on nowadays? :dopey:

Actually, I think the picture is a prediction for what will happen to kaz in 10 years. He will drive the Aventador, and look like a creepy old man! :P

Latest Posts

Back