Subarus in Gt6

• Thread starter boomee
  • 61 comments
My gripes with the Subaru brand in GT6 is the lack of specific model lineups (Forester & Outback), the outdated model lineups, (No 5th-gen Legacy? Seriously?) and that fact that none of the standard quality Subaru's have been updated to at least sub-premium quality like other standards in the game have been.

I think the BRZ should be more prone to oversteer. On sports hard tyres it only seems to go wide in 2nd gear.
I'm pretty sure the BRZ was designed by Subaru to be more "reserved" than the 86/FR-S, hence why it doesn't slide much.

[quactually tom878, post: 9090170, member: 241302"]I'm pretty sure the BRZ was designed by Subaru to be more "reserved" than the 86/FR-S, hence why it doesn't slide much.[/quote]
No sctually they bothvery much the same.

The new Subaru's are pretty cool. I bought the S206 and GR Spec-C and the BRZ GT300 will be my next purchase. Ice Siver Metallica is finally in the game too:)

I think Subaru went to UEL headers when they started using twin-scroll turbos.

Two things we need, the boxer rumble, if not with standard exhausts then at least with aftermarket ones fitted, and a premium 22B.

641495_560.jpg

Do it PD, do it. Do it. ;)

There are a few Subarus that have a bit of a rumble to them. My fully stock Legacy B4 RSK has a decent sound to it. Not a true Subaru sound, but better than nothing. IMO, PD get an A for effort in that car.

Since when did they remove the SVX?! Remember it in GT1 and 2 I think...

Same. As soon as I saw this thread I started thinking of what cool Subarus could be added then I realized the SVX is gone! And to add insult to injury (sort of) I saw one today down the street (In real life).

I'm pretty sad that they've never had the first gen legacy. Why? Not only is the GC impreza based on it, but it was the first car to carry the Ej engines. And the fact that they had the ej22t before they put it in the 22b. The ej20g was in the first gen legacy before it was in the wrx. Forza has it but not gt6? There's a rally section in gt6 and this was a car that started Colin McRae in rally. Oh and I own a 93 wagon so it pissed me off even more that they're not in the game.

Cool thread. Not having the Forester in the game, really ruins having it versus the Land Rover, Audi Concept, Mazda CX7, Infiniti Concept. Plus the Pick Ups/Utes and wagons would make for a good series.

Now, where is the "Ford in GT6" thread? Search as I tried, can't find one.

Now they have the Subaru Brat in FH2. I mean don't get me wrong, that's maybe not a good car (dont know much about it) but honestly in terms of car variety, Forza wins. The fact that they have cars like the Brat and the first gen Legacy while GT has the same model with different tiny version just shows it.

Hope GT7 have much varieties.

Special note for the two Subaru Impreza's (Cusco Dunlop and GT300 Base model): their exhaust is located in the front left of the car. Driving "bumper cam" (which is really third eye inside the car), you can see them backfire when going down in gears. Spectacular especially at night. Love to drive them, they have excellent handling too.
I use them a lot in the Nürburg 24' races (super) on RH.

@chrisspeed281 very funny :lol: 👍

<3 the Impreza Sports Wagon, I haven't seen anyone else use it in the 450-500pp range. They should, it's a beast! Very grippy and well balanced, handles as good as the best cars in that range and the 4WD gives you a big advantage coming out of 1st gear hairpins. Have a replay from a few months ago against some top 100 leaderboard drivers around Spa in ringer cars, managed to win by a few seconds in a 3?4? lap race.

I'm pretty sad that they've never had the first gen legacy. Why? Not only is the GC impreza based on it, but it was the first car to carry the Ej engines. And the fact that they had the ej22t before they put it in the 22b. The ej20g was in the first gen legacy before it was in the wrx. Forza has it but not gt6? There's a rally section in gt6 and this was a car that started Colin McRae in rally. Oh and I own a 93 wagon so it pissed me off even more that they're not in the game.

Subaru got really left behind in GT5 and GT6, with few Premium cars for it being a Japanese brand (both classic and new) and the "Standard" ones are among the very ugliest ("most standardized?") cars in the whole game, showing they weren't updated at all and that since ages ago. Maybe it has to do with the Nissan endorsement, idk.

The Forza series is indeed much more favorable towards Subaru.

Last edited:
<3 the Impreza Sports Wagon, I haven't seen anyone else use it in the 450-500pp range. They should, it's a beast! Very grippy and well balanced, handles as good as the best cars in that range and the 4WD gives you a big advantage coming out of 1st gear hairpins. Have a replay from a few months ago against some top 100 leaderboard drivers around Spa in ringer cars, managed to win by a few seconds in a 3?4? lap race.

Yep it's a great car in that range. Had some wins in QM with it at 500. Closest vehicle I can create to my real ride the 'GT' Forester.

I agree! I am an avid first gen legacy owner and demand to know how the McRae 555 Legacy isn't even there. Where is his tribute?

Not the fastest stock Subaru in the game, but definitely one of the most fun on Comfort Hard tires.

And at least the Legacy GT-B is included in game. I'd rather have that than the 2.2L Legacy.

YouTube some old McRae rally video and then tell me you would rather have the GT-B over a Legacy RS...

Subaru got really left behind in GT5 and GT6, with few Premium cars for it being a Japanese brand (both classic and new) and the "Standard" ones are among the very ugliest ("most standardized?") cars in the whole game, showing they weren't updated at all and that since ages ago. Maybe it has to do with the Nissan endorsement, idk.

The Forza series is indeed much more favorable towards Subaru.

I've never thought about buying an Xbox or playing forza, but if there is a first gen Legacy, I'm buying it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back