Super Smash Brothers for Wii U(NA: 21st November, EU: 28th November)/3DS(Out Now!)

• Thread starter Brend
  • 159 comments

Brend

Premium
Scotland
Scotland
GTSophy-Lapos
ClassicBrend
Not expecting any replies but surely there are some people hype for this game?

20140222143318!Super_Smash_Bros_4_merged_logo,_no_subtitle.png

Current Roster (In order of announcement):
Lutecia
Robin
FemRobin
Captain Falcon
Pac-Man
Lady Palutena
Mii
Marth
Greninja
Charazard
Sheik
Zero Suit Samus
Diddy Kong
Little Mac
Lucario
King DeDeDe
Zelda
Rosalina & Luma
Marth
Sonic
Toon Link
Peach
Luigi
Pikmin & Olimar
Villager from Animal Crossing
Mario
Donkey Kong
Mega-Man
Link
Wii Fit Trainer
Samus
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Bowser
Pit

Both games will feature the same roster but with a different art style. No cross-play between consoles. Still plenty of characters to be announced judging by the size of the roster so far and the fact there's no release date.

Last edited:
This game is my top reason for getting a Wii U, and I'm sure it'll be a system seller. I'm looking forward to trying Mega Man; I'll have two sci-fi arm cannon wielders to play! The songs he'll bring to the soundtrack ought to be sweet too.

I hope the online multiplayer is more stable this time. I went back to Brawl's recently and was reminded that it's pretty decent, when it works. With some more polish, multiplayer in SSBU could provide many hours of fun. 👍 (and no subscription fee of course!)

Last edited:
True, I bought my U for MK8 but Smash is too good to miss.

Wonder if the rumors of Pac-Man being in are true, since Namco are involved...

I've got little to say about this, but if the WiiU ever interests me, Smash is something I'd get right away.

A new Smash game is a must. Myself, and all of my friends are enjoying Project M, right now. Hoping Mewtwo get's back in, too.

It's a shame that a lot of people will try and get aU for Smash once it releases, because Nintendo will bump up the consoles price for sure. :lol:.

I'm surprised Snake hasn't been confirmed yet.

It's a shame that a lot of people will try and get aU for Smash once it releases, because Nintendo will bump up the consoles price for sure. :lol:.

I'm surprised Snake hasn't been confirmed yet.

Naw, that never happens. In fact, Nintendo is taking serious losses right now. If anything the price may come down, soon. They need to move units, months ago.

And I wouldn't be surprised is Snake get's replaced, or doesn't appear in this one at all.

I hear it will play at the same speed as Melee. But Villager is going to be top tier next to Mega man. ( I am bit busy playing Project M)

Naw, that never happens. In fact, Nintendo is taking serious losses right now. If anything the price may come down, soon. They need to move units, months ago.

And I wouldn't be surprised is Snake get's replaced, or doesn't appear in this one at all.
Well, it must be the retailers who mark up then, because prior to MK7 on the 3DS you could pick one up for about £100, then the price rocketed to about £140 after it's release!

What is this Project M you guys are talking about?

@nk4e - Come on, Little Mac has big(no pun intended) potential with his speed and ground attacks!

Today's photo:
daily.jpg

That looks amazing. :drool:

Gotta love the video game community.

I suppose you could be right about Mac.

Was coming to post today's photo but apparently the image is a live URL. :lol: It updated in my previous post automatically.

Apologies for double post buuuut...

Nintendo Direct scheduled for Tuesday will focus on Smash Bros.

Any predictions anyone?

I'm thinking Yoshi, Wonder-Red and Raiden...

Apologies for double post buuuut...

Nintendo Direct scheduled for Tuesday will focus on Smash Bros.

Any predictions anyone?

I'm thinking Yoshi, Wonder-Red and Raiden...

Those are good predictions, I'm predicting a new Pokemon trainer, Yoshi, Captain Falcon,new person from Fire Emblem, and Ness/Lucas, both with updated moves.

This reminds me of how they should get a new Pokemon game out on Wii U (there are rumours that there is one). That, Smash Bros and Zelda would really help to save the Wii U.

I don't really understand though why Smash Bros doesn't look as graphically impressive as it should because the Wii U is much more capable than that.

Agreed Robin, MK looks much better in my opinion. That being said, Smash does need a general style because of all the different character types.

On the subject of 'saving the wii u' why has there never been a MK with different series like Smash? :lol:

Can't beat a BNR, guy is one of the few youtubers who doesn't fry my brain.

It feels like a long time to wait, but between Project CARS and SSBU it seems my Wii U will be working its butt off this winter. :)

No comment on the online arrangement? I was impressed by Sakurai's solution for the divide between Smash Bros players. For Glory mode is an interesting way to accomodate that vocal "srs bsns" crowd, and the variety of the Final-Destination-ized stage roster allows it to be more than a monotonous waste of menu space. I could see myself switching over sometimes, to catch a break from item/hazard mayhem. I don't know if it'll actually make the whiners happy, but I like it.

Overall, I'm glad to have proof they've invested more into online play this time. Moving away from my hometown has had a deleterious effect on my ability to gather friends for local multiplayer.

After previewing that new mode for the 3DS version, I was hoping they'd show us something of an Adventure mode for the Wii U version. I know they're cutting back on the CG movies and storytelling, but they're still going to include a platforming experience, right? Hopefully it'll be similar to Melee, with franchise-themed enemies as in that 3DS preview.

You could go to the Smash Boards and try to find people in your area. Or at least through FB groups.

Oh SSB! I loved playing SSB Melee on the GameCube at my old classmate's house. I suppose there's quite a few improvement from back then, right?
bitelip.gif

It would be nice to know who's among the minority of Wii U owners on GTPlanet. I only have Classic on my Wii U friends list.

Feel free to send me a FR, @Ranman20. My NNID is Wolfe2x7. 👍

Will add you as soon as I get a Wii U. Which is most likely this Friday or next week.

But.. But.. Why..? @nk4e

Back