Suzuka 2014 vs Original Suzuka Comparasion!

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 239 comments
I'm guessing that they will label it as Suzuka 2014 just to promote it as new content.

It would be nice if they included both versions of the Hitachi chicane in the release.

Wow, PD modeled the 'Traffic Education Center' on Suzuka?
Probably will be unaccessible, but could be a great spot for a (mini) dragstrip...
97226_1.jpg

97226_2.jpg

It'd be an interesting mini-course, especially that kart (?) track on the right for some variety, but my gut says that isn't something PD would do.

Would love to see them prove me wrong though.

Last edited:
“The people of the Suzuka Circuit themselves listed up the differences of the track, from when we first data captured the track years ago for inclusion in Gran Turismo, and what has been changed now. They were incredibly helpful in our data capture session,”

Now, if only the car manufacturers would have the same enthusiasm to make sure their newest cars are in the game...

I actually enjoy these type of updates. Look forward to it.

It's just funny that in the past when users made mention of things like the track environment, trees, background, etc., you'll always get those guys saying "who cares bro, I'm looking at the track, lol". Maybe we can multi-task or maybe we enjoy the environments as part of the track.

Don't underestimate the power of what PD can do...

Don't underestimate the power of bullshots.

Polyphony always does this, anything from their marketing is shot in Photomode at the very least. Which means that you're getting the best textures on everything along with proper AA and all sorts of other stuff. The track will look good in motion, but it won't look anywhere near as good as those shots make out.

Polyphony always does this, anything from their marketing is shot in Photomode at the very least. Which means that you're getting the best textures on everything along with proper AA and all sorts of other stuff. The track will look good in motion, but it won't look anywhere near as good as those shots make out.
Some of the screenshots look too good for them to be from GT6.
I was comprehending Pootis' quote as if he was saying that he doesn't believe it's something the PS3 can render. Yeah, they're obviously photomode shots. Photomode is how PD makes everything look pretty.

Since these pics were mostly shot in photomode, they were very obviously GT6. All the way down to the good old square sun, and the soft shadows only given off by the poles from the fences on the Hitachi corner were dead giveaways.

Well you said probably, it's not for sure they'll actually update all of the tracks for GT7/PS4, I know it sounds outrageous a PS4 game have tracks straight ported from PS3, but hey, they did ported cars from PS2 to PS3, so never doubt about.

But either way sure, if we got by this logic is not a bad deal, but I still think is a waste of time when they could actually work in giving us new tracks.
I think you're misunderstanding. He's saying the suzuka version we're getting now is is a ps4 version track that has been ported to ps3, not the other way around.

I personally think the development of GT7 is their main focus now, and that everything we're getting at this point is downscaled versions of things they are developing for GT7

Last edited:
I think you're misunderstanding. He's saying the suzuka version we're getting now is is a ps4 version track that has been ported to ps3, not the other way around.

I personally think the development of GT7 is their main focus now, and that everything we're getting at this point is downscaled versions of things they are developing for GT7
Everything going forward is this way. Turn 10 is working this way, PD is working this way. Full scanned cars, laser scanned tracks. It's all going from full detail, being scaled down.

Kaz has said this, and the documentary shows all the different things they do to get all the detail they need.

Starts at 19:50

Good thing the layout stays the same. I actually have no desire to test every car again, nor do I have the time anymore now that I'm a seasonal (and then hopefully full-time) driver for UPS :( The good news is I'll be able to afford a PS4 + GT7 + wheel :)

Dont rest yet SuzukaStar , now we want all the cars in Nightlap times :D :D :D

I am a bit sceptical about the west track becoming available.. The Pitstop post said the west track was resurfaced, and I can see were people think that could mean the track will be available, but, that could also just mean that just the west part of the track is resurfaced, meaning new textures, different grip levels and such... Although them calling it 'west track' specifically, instead of just (for example) 'west part of the track' does hint at the west track coming to the game... It's all in the wording...

I am a bit sceptical about the west track becoming available.. The Pitstop post said the west track was resurfaced, and I can see were people think that could mean the track will be available, but, that could also just mean that just the west part of the track is resurfaced, meaning new textures, different grip levels and such... Although them calling it 'west track' specifically, instead of just (for example) 'west part of the track' does hint at the west track coming to the game... It's all in the wording...
Thats a good point, but why on earth would they only update half of the track?

Does Suzuka even have sufficient lighting for night races?
Spa doesn't have sufficient light for night races, same goes with (parts of) the Nurburgring, yet they still race. And Willow Springs in GT6 has a full 24hr time cycle yet it has no lights whatsoever, so I can't see how Suzuka wouldn't be able to have a 24hr time cycle in-game.

Anyway, as much as most of us love/like-ish Suzuka, wouldn't the resources be better spent, say, updating a track that desperately needs one like Indianapolis. But if PD is spending time doing minor updates to tracks, couldn't they apply that to Daytona, a track that, I believe, still needs an infield and an updated barrier/run-off area along with a revision of the 'Bus-Stop'?

Back