taking pictures of backfire

• Thread starter moar_powaaa
  • 871 comments
doubleohnothing
Has anyone been able to capture your car backfiring? Trying to pause at the right moment during replay is hard enough...
When I'm able to pause right when the flames are visible, they appear on the camera screen but disappear when the shot is taken...:odd:
Is it because I'm taking it at the wrong moment or is it just not possible???

Hmmm. I have been trying to pause at just the right time but have been unable to. That's lame it wouldn't show up. Maybe the picture brightness is too high? I don't know.

That sounds a shame if it doesn't show up once the shot has been taken. It was possible in GT4 and you can capture flashing events like fireworks in the game, so to not capture the backfire would be odd.

Guess I got lucky then :D

5212126475_787a5114d5_b.jpg

[EDITED BECAUSE OF BAD ASSUMPTION]

I've since been able to photograph backfire:
Special-Stage-Route-7_1.jpg

I think it may be the Lamborghini Murcielargo I was having trouble with. Every time I went to take the photo, it disapeared.

Last edited:
As for MegaD's shot, if he had done a better job in photoshop I may have gone back and tried again :sly:

So if my shot had been better you would've tried to take even better shots? That should keep us going for a while.
Just kidding. I just didn't bother using Photoshop.

Those Mclaren and GT-R Racing Edition #498594 shots are amazing by the way.

I haven't tried backfires yet, but i can't even get the Fireworks from the SSR Stage to show up on replay.

The backfire is nowhere near as good as GT4. This is also why I wish the replays had some sort of fast forward or rewind. Because if you miss the moment, you have to resart the replay all over again. I cant believe they still havent added that feature for the replays.

I've had the same problem. There was a nice backfire in this frame ( I spent 20 mins trying to get it) that disappeared when I clicked X:
I found that if you exit from the photograph (back to walk/place camera freeroam), then instantly go back into the photograph, the backfire will reappear. It should also keep all of the original settings you previously had... assuming you didn't move the camera in walk mode.

The backfire is nowhere near as good as GT4.
The backfire in GT5 is much better than it was in GT4. Trust me.

I found that if you exit from the photograph (back to walk/place camera freeroam), then instantly go back into the photograph, the backfire will reappear. It should also keep all of the original settings you previously had... assuming you didn't move the camera in walk mode.

The backfire in GT5 is much better than it was in GT4. Trust me.
What do you mean "trust me"? I have played both games. The backfire is much better in GT4 by a longshot.

What do you mean "trust me"? I have played both games. The backfire is much better in GT4 by a longshot.

the backfire in GT4 was essentially a cardboard cutout.. GT5's backfire effects have multiple size, shape, and looks a lot more dynamic than GT4's

The backfire is nowhere near as good as GT4. This is also why I wish the replays had some sort of fast forward or rewind. Because if you miss the moment, you have to resart the replay all over again. I cant believe they still havent added that feature for the replays.

GT4 had some cars flaming out on every single down change with the same shaped backfire every time.
At least in GT5 the cars backfiring is done in a more realistic way ; different sizes, shapes, all dependent on the car.

What settings are you using to get photos like that without blurring the car? The only way I can get the flame to show in the photo is if the shutter speed is really low, which blurs the car. :confused:

Back