taking pictures of backfire

• Thread starter moar_powaaa
  • 871 comments
Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09
tsukubacircuit4t.jpg

Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09
tsukubacircuit3m.jpg

Grilling some Peugeot with Nissan Silvia spec-R Aero (S15) RM:)
tsukubacircuit1e.jpg

Nissan Silvia spec-R Aero (S15) RM
tsukubacircuitc.jpg

And some Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce '09
grandvalleyeast1p.jpg

Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce '09
grandvalleyeastx.jpg

I am currently trying to get a picture of my car backfiring, but it is impossible, what is the best shutter speed, none seem to work, and I have tried various settings and cannot get a pic :(

Wow. During a race, when my car backfires, it just looks like a white blob. :lol:
It looks alot better when still.

Kudos to you guys for catching the perfect moment. 👍

@R3Dl1N3: Try using a lower shutter speed to express the vehicle's speed. Backfire doesn't occur at zero mph, in Gran Turismo 5 at least.

@R3Dl1N3: Try using a lower shutter speed to express the vehicle's speed. Backfire doesn't occur at zero mph, in Gran Turismo 5 at least.

Thanks for the tip boss. I used the 250 shutter speed. Idno how you guys do it that comes out so much more realistic then mines. Could it be from my TV? It's still HD but its an old Sony HD. Probebly the first generation of HD lol.

Thanks for the tip boss. I used the 250 shutter speed. Idno how you guys do it that comes out so much more realistic then mines. Could it be from my TV? It's still HD but its an old Sony HD. Probebly the first generation of HD lol.
The television does not affect the outcome of the photos. It all depends by the photo settings you are given in the game.

Crooooooow
The television does not affect the outcome of the photos. It all depends by the photo settings you are given in the game.

Id like to differ... when using an SD cable on my 50" LED TV, the backfire comes up in the replay and when taking a picture, but not in the picture. Take the same picture with the same camera settings using an HDMI cable, the backfire shows up in the actual picture.

Back