"Taking the FUN out of Gran Turismo and shoving it----

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canada
Canada
photonrider
----where the Sun don't shine."

This appears to be the philosophy backing a small group of hard-core 'players' that hang around this fan site.
This game is not to be 'played'.

Once does not simply 'play' it, one roves all around the Forum (except the Feedback Forum) and scream and scream and scream oodles of constructive criticism that will eventually make the game what they want it to be and they will of course be responsible for having single-handedly been responsible for helping to create the greatest, 100% satisfying 'game' in the world.

Don't talk about rabbits. Rabbits? Who even used such a childish word! That's too much fun. How dare we.

We are supposed to be groaning about sounds that don't make our tweeters blush, and the intricacies of time-suspended camber, and the dastardly uncontrollable physics, and jaggies, and lack of every car in the world, and the waste of space on the Hadley Rille, and everything else that is preventing us from being the next Jack Brabham with a girl on either arm and a bottle of bubbly.

Playing with the AI? How childish! Whoever heard of such a thing, playing this game instead of hanging around here at GTPlanet bitching about this 🤬 that robbed us of $60.00, and gave us nothing for it. Hear that, PD? We hate you. Don't talk to us!

Well . . . here's a surprise, Mr. Misery:

There are people loving this game. And who actually enjoy playing it. Millions of them. All over the world. And who enjoy sharing that fun with fellow players - because happiness shared is happiness multiplied.

And joining each other at a fan site reputed to attract aficionados of the game for that purpose only takes that fun to a higher level.
These players enjoy just looking at the cars, talking about them, toying with them, tinkering with them, painting them, photographing them, reviewing them, driving them, banging them up, flying them over jumps, drifting, dough-nutting, and rolling them over, racing them, racing each other, racing the rabbits (sorry, AI, AI. Bobs.) and having a good laugh about it on the way - since after all it is not going to last forever and we better make the best of it - it's a video game, and video games have a short life. Joining the misery-driven line-up that keeps screaming about lack of content is a waste of time; the Feedback forum was built for that (the only place that any dev would probably look for feedback, anyway) and is there, any time we feel the need to make suggestions. Or send PD a compliment.

But, nah, nope, uhuh - on no account should the fun crowd interfere with the misery-gang, groaning, and running about beating breasts and wailing in sackcloth and ashes.
Apparently that is what GTPlanet is only for.

No.

GTPlanet is an abstraction. It's not built out of particles, it's built out of microwaves.
It's a collection of people expressing their existence via cyberspace. Pull the plug and it goes 'poof'.
It's a fan site built for predominantly enjoying and sharing the experiences of playing video-games. It's a place to predominantly have fun. Work comes later.

The admin and staff that run the site know how to have fun - in fact some of the funniest people you could meet are members of the staff, whose humour can run from the ribald to the cerebral and whose hard work keeps the ineffable entity that is GTPlanet in the atmosphere and stable enough for the rest of us to have fun, too.

But, no, say the naysayers. Fun? Playing a video-game? No, no, no, no, no, say these misery-loving naysayers (Gran Turismo 'players') - fun is not the point, it's high-falutin' constructive criticism from experts that matters. The game is broken. No one should play it. Get your money back. Boycott PD. Insult Kaz. Put down the devs. Jaggies. Everything is wrong with the game. Permanently. We shouldn't be enjoying it - how stupid.
What were we thinking, joking about the AI or making memes about them, or photographing 'scenery', or hunting easter eggs, or joking about Jenkins.
How distasteful, childish, and not misery-loving superior adult-like at all. Get cracking and get down on it, take everything off and kill the stupid AI.
Enjoying a 'car' video-game and sharing the spoils? Bah. Is there nothing more important for us to do? We should be be doing something far more constructive - improving the game by walking around with vituperative sandwich-boards strapped on our backs.

If we're caught in a huddle discussing rabbits again (especially their sneaky behaviour ;) ), we'll be sent off to the guillotine of opinion and well and truly sliced, diced, cubed and quadrangled. And it will be well and truly approved by that small band of 'players' that have insidiously constructed and run the Court of Misery here at GTPlanet for way too long now.
All in the name of 'constructive criticism' - a verbal game that seems to have a passport to enter every thread with its rebarbativeness.
So there! they say. Fair warning for those of us fans of the game that simply want to have fun with it and who don't give a damn about the girls on either arm and the bottle of bubbly.
We should be sweating it out, clipping thousandths off our times and showing that we take the jaggies in this game very, very seriously. And using esoteric, professional-sounding, ego-boosting terms about cars and the 'on-hands' development of this particular video-game. The Chaparral 2X has no sound at all! What were the devs thinking? The AI are starting to behave like real online players going off-track and banging into walls and getting pushed into the sand! What?!
Why aren't they all racing like Vettel or Jimmie Johnson? Not good PD! Get you act together! Make more misery!

And, please . . . don't call the AI rabbits. Or sprites, either. They are 'stupid AI'. That's what they are. Bobs? Pah! Whoever heard such a term in a 'video-game' built for the twelve players that need to pack their bags and go sweat in a roll-cage. This is serious stuff. Simulator.
And if you can't actually prove your prowess at the top of the log (because you're only a wannabe and nowhere as professional as those who are too busy to criticise but are actually devoted to the Academy and working hard to get a foot in the door of RL racing via Gran Turismo) hey, then roam the Forums carrying micrometers and talking tap and dies.
This makes them 'expert'.
They were prevented from being a RL racer by this stupid game with its awful sounds and stupid jaggies. Even after the game provided a most unique opportunity to break into the world of RL racing.

And, in fact, because of this, many of the former players who used to have fun with the game have given up and left the site; they are having fun elsewhere. Or have decided to only inhabit the more fun parts of this site like the Off Topic forums that have nothing to do with Gran Turismo, and only provide friendship, amusement, and some pleasant online company.

Shame.

Well, sorry, misery-lovers. We Gran Turismo fans will most certainly continue to have fun, oodles and oodles of it - not the kind that Mr. Misery and his twelve disciples will have around here pissing in every thread that even remotely promotes fun - but the kind of fun we can take anywhere there are fans ready to gather around and have fun with it.

And we will continue to do it here till the admin comes along and says "No fun allowed! Criticise! Constructively! Everywhere! Every thread! Seriously! What do you think this site is for? This is a grave-site not a fan site!"

Which TBH honest, I don't think will ever happen. This fan site is - last I looked - predominantly, a place to share news, info, fun, and enjoyment about our favorite video-game.
Not misery.

If we have any brickbats, or even bouquets for that matter, we can take it to the Feedback Forum. Or else shove it where the sun don't shine, and get on with the game.

Have fun!

Last edited:
Well, sorry, misery-lovers. We Gran Turismo fans will most certainly continue to have fun, oodles and oodles of it - not the kind that Mr. Misery and his twelve disciples will have around here pissing in every thread that even remotely promotes fun - but the kind of fun we can take anywhere there are fans ready to gather around and have fun with it.

The fact that your key point in this argument is written in Italic suggests sarcasm,

I feel offended with this thread on OP. :grumpy: :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: 👎👎👎👎

No. @photonrider correct me gladly if I am wrong, but I interpret your post more as a cry against how GTP has unfortunately become a major source of negative feedback. And whilst that is not GTP's fault, it's a shame that the forum is more full of people complaining about GT6 rather than actually finding the things they like and enjoy and posting about. The ratio of negative to positive posts on here must be something like 4:1 .

I see GT6 as a game full of flaws and problems but people want to spend more time talking about the negatives than the positives. I for one appreciate it as it is as end of the day, if you say you wasted £35 / $60 or whatever on it, nothing stops you (generally reference here, not you in particular Photon) from returning or selling it.

Have you even played this game??? Your posts suggest otherwise...

@Harsk100 , hasn't your PS3 just been broken for like, a year?

No. @photonrider correct me gladly if I am wrong, but I interpret your post more as a cry against how GTP has unfortunately become a major source of negative feedback. And whilst that is not GTP's fault, it's a shame that the forum is more full of people complaining about GT6 rather than actually finding the things they like and enjoy and posting about. The ratio of negative to positive posts on here must be something like 4:1 .

I see GT6 as a game full of flaws and problems but people want to spend more time talking about the negatives than the positives. I for one appreciate it as it is as end of the day, if you say you wasted £35 / $60 or whatever on it, nothing stops you (generally reference here, not you in particular Photon) from returning or selling it.

@Harsk100 , hasn't your PS3 just been broken for like, a year?
Yeah, it has been broken 10 months ago. @Furinkazen

@TDZdave Yes I have played this game before my PS3 broke.

What is this, an anonymous message before GTP gets hacked? Jeez.

Sure this forum is cynical, but every community has their pessimistic side.

If this forum were just full of happy dudes raving about how great a game is, that wouldn't be much fun for me lol. GT6 has it's problems, and peeps have the right to complain about it. Sure a lot of those complaints are misguided or exaggerated, but it is what it is. That's a fandom for you I guess lol.

Right..... So you actually haven't experienced any of the reasons behind the complaints yet this thread upsets you?

To the dude that started this thread, if other peoples opinions irritate you so much then perhaps the internet isn't for you,
The reasons that the thread upset me is the insults to PD. And It makes me very sad because I love GT. I'm sorry about this guys :(

The reasons that the thread upset me is the insults to PD. And It makes me very sad because I love GT. I'm sorry about this guys :(

To understand what the greater population of the community is upset about you need to experience the issues first hand,

But then Kaz himself advertises the GT games as "the real driving simulator" then in interviews refers to it as a game,

This guy clearly enjoys using the game in the same way 98% of the worlds cars are used, as the manufacture intended

To understand what the greater population of the community is upset about you need to experience the issues first hand,

But then Kaz himself advertises the GT games as "the real driving simulator" then in interviews refers to it as a game,

This guy clearly enjoys using the game in the same way 98% of the worlds cars are used, as the manufacture intended
When I get a new PS3, I'll experience the issues. I understand that the majority of people are upset with GT. I never thought that GT6 would be an worse game for the community. When I got GT6, I enjoyed playing every single day.

To be honest, the things can be improved like:
Sound fix;
Choosing AI levels (do you want more challenge to AI, right? I don't mind an challenge);
Standard cars to premium with PS2 assets;
An unfinished game for majority of people.

:(

"a small group of hard-core 'players' let"s kick them,they spoil our party
What right they have to want Gran Turismo to be better and realistic,go away morons
let"s sing together Gran Turismo Gran Turismo how fun you can be and never stop to entertain me:dunce::bowdown::dunce::bowdown::cheers:

Last edited:
I'm all for constructive criticism as it allows us, the players to help PD fix issues which could disrupt gameplay and/or immersion.

Complaining for the sake of complaining without any form of constructiveness however, doesn't help solve the issue, brings unesscecary negativity and heartache.

I, like Photon and many others see the game for what it is, a place to drive the wheels off the cars we see (and don't see) everyday. A place where people spend large amounts of time either tuning cars to within an inch of its life or racing for lap after lap trying to go a little bit faster.

Even chasing the rabbits and analysing how they behave is great fun and interesting.

Is GT6 perfect? No, no game is perfect and never will be as perfection is a matter of opinion, but we do try and help it get close. ;)

GTP's commuinty is one of the best I've seen, need help tuning a car? No problem. Need help on a certain event? Ask away.

It all wouldn't be possible if weren't for one thing, passion.

GT was born out of one mans passion for cars, GTP was born out of one mans passion for a game.

This community is built on that passion to either, help others go faster and achieve more as a driver, tune cars so everyone can enjoy driving more or just have some good old fashioned, crystal clear, as frank as frankinstien fun.:P

I'm all for constructive criticism as it allows us, the players to help PD fix issues which could disrupt gameplay and/or immersion.

Complaining for the sake of complaining without any form of constructiveness however, doesn't help solve the issue, brings unesscecary negativity and heartache.

I, like Photon and many others see the game for what it is, a place to drive the wheels off the cars we see (and don't see) everyday. A place where people spend large amounts of time either tuning cars to within an inch of its life or racing for lap after lap trying to go a little bit faster.

Even chasing the rabbits and analysing how they behave is great fun and interesting.

Is GT6 perfect? No, no game is perfect and never will be as perfection is a matter of opinion, but we do try and help it get close. ;)

GTP's commuinty is one of the best I've seen, need help tuning a car? No problem. Need help on a certain event? Ask away.

It all wouldn't be possible if weren't for one thing, passion.

GT was born out of one mans passion for cars, GTP was born out of one mans passion for a game.

This community is built on that passion to either, help others go faster and achieve more as a driver, tune cars so everyone can enjoy driving more or just have some good old fashioned, crystal clear, as frank as frankinstien fun.:P
I agree with you.

I understand you guys that have reasons to quit GT, but we're here to help PD to make GT a better game than it is now. I loved GT and always will. I really enjoy playing GT.

It might not be perfect, but let's make an better game, closest to perfection as possible.

So PD, you got my full support. :cheers:

I'm just going to link this thread whenever I see somebody start a new bitch thread.

I recognize that GT has flaws. Screen tearing, physics issues, AI that sometimes have an unfair advantage, no full-length endurance races, no course maker, no interior on VGTs, etc. I still like it just because it's fun. It's fun getting that perfect drift on Suzuka. It's fun to have the sense of uncertainty as to whether or not you'll make it through Schwedenkreuz without crashing or taking your foot off the gas once in a stock NA Miata. It's fun to participate in such a diverse community who love this series. Gran Turismo, simply put, is fun.

EDIT: Wow. I wasn't expecting to see so many people agreeing with me.

Last edited:
For a game that has an over a year of feature holdup, i can quite understand the hate wave between.

But still hold your urges from making a "protest" all over the thread. This isnt "ocuppy GTP" isnt it?

makes me laugh Gt has not been fun since Gt4 and the previous titles... after gt5 i didnt think they could take anymore out but they have

..........That must've been the longest rant disguised as OP I have seen yet. Hopefully OP feels a wee bit lighter with all 'em stuff outta his chest.
Yeah sure there are lot of vocal....naysayers here, but you can't deny that GT6 does have glaring issues. When it clicks, it radiates from high heavens, but when it stinks, man it can suck donkeyballs.
GT5 was.....not good. GT6, while improved, is still....not much better. Having said that, I still plonk down in front of a boob tube to sink a hour or so every day, so yeah, it clicks more often than not.

I may be late on this but...

mSFXk2a.gif

Your post won't change anything, PD is the only one with that ability, and they've already shoved it 'where the Sun don't shine' ;)

I'm just going to link this thread whenever I see somebody start a new bitch thread.

I recognize that GT has flaws. Screen tearing, physics issues, AI that sometimes have an unfair advantage, no full-length endurance races, no course maker, no interior on VGTs, etc. I still like it just because it's fun. It's fun getting that perfect drift on Suzuka. It's fun to have the sense of uncertainty as to whether or not you'll make it through Schwedenkreuz without crashing or taking your foot off the gas once in a stock NA Miata. It's fun to participate in such a diverse community who love this series. Gran Turismo, simply put, is fun.

There's no screen tearing. You must be thinking of GT5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back