"Taking the FUN out of Gran Turismo and shoving it----

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a few gems on here that have kept me coming back time and time again. I've learned to ignore the ignorant, and that seems to have worked.

Who's the ignorant though?

In fact I'm still uncertain why this thread was necessary lol.

Who's the ignorant though?

In fact I'm still uncertain why this thread was necessary lol.
The ignorant are whomsoever I should deign to label as such, obviously. That's how the real world works. :sly:

It is amazing what just skipping over posts that would otherwise make your blood boil can do, though. Although you run the risk of missing context.

I do quite understand there is so much criticism that doesn't have much points to back them up (just saying; its broken, bland or sucks etc.) but I feel the other way around should be treated. I hate it when people use the word "fun" in a discussion, it kills it. There is no way to get your view across when someone says "fun" without you joining and saying "it's bland" or "no it isn't fun". When I hear someone praising GT6, I'll listen to their points, some I'll agree, some I disagree or question but whe someone uses the word "fun" for their points, I just can't take the point like they want it to because it kills the discussion or argument. Don't get me wrong the other side is also guilty.
Imagine Guy 1 and Guy 2 having a convo on GT6
Guy 1: I'm enjoying GT6 with all the unique cars, driving each one feels like a new experience.
Guy 2: They feel Bland.
How would Guy 1 respond with valid points like he made before?

TheDude.jpg

That's the quitter's way out, of course. You should probe deeper, get them to explain it in non vague terms - both of you will learn something about the game, about how not to be vague and about the variety in gamers' tastes, too.

GTP_CargoRatt: Yes, as a matter of fact, there is. Monaco, Mt. Panorama, and slightly at Fuji to name a few tracks where I've noticed it.
Madrid, SSR7, Suzuka circuit (both old and new version), and not to mention the horrible freeze lag that happens when people join a lobby while you are on track.

List goes on and on with flaws in GT6

My major issue with the game period is PD's pure laziness. There is no excuse but PD being completely lazy when it came to their new full custom transmissions, I am sorry but there is just no justifying that. Still to this day it is not fixed.
Not to mention the clutch issue that will never be fixed. I am pretty sure they don't even know how to model it. No wonder why the last two official wheels for this game are used without a shifter in GTA. Their clutch is a embarrassment. The Crew has a better clutch model.

Being the piece of 🤬 game it is, do I still play it? Yes.
With PD's laziness on the transmissions do I drive standard cars? Yes, without fully customizable transmissions.
Do I still use the clutch being the embarrassment that it is? Yes

This game has many flaws but it also has that fun factor that we enjoy. I will enjoy it until I finish building a PC and moving away from GT. Reason? GT6

Last edited:
I do quite understand there is so much criticism that doesn't have much points to back them up (just saying; its broken, bland or sucks etc.) but I feel the other way around should be treated. I hate it when people use the word "fun" in a discussion, it kills it. There is no way to get your view across when someone says "fun" without you joining and saying "it's bland" or "no it isn't fun". When I hear someone praising GT6, I'll listen to their points, some I'll agree, some I disagree or question but whe someone uses the word "fun" for their points, I just can't take the point like they want it to because it kills the discussion or argument. Don't get me wrong the other side is also guilty.
Imagine Guy 1 and Guy 2 having a convo on GT6
Guy 1: I'm enjoying GT6 with all the unique cars, driving each one feels like a new experience.
Guy 2: They feel Bland.
How would Guy 1 respond with valid points like he made before?
You can do one of two things IMO.

Say nothing. This is your best bet. Everyone has a different opinion and you aren't likely to change it by having an exchange on a gaming board.

Ask why, if you care to know, but accept the answers. What parts of it do you feel are bland? That would be a good start.

For me the biggest cause of this "unwelcome" debating in the GT Forums is people not understanding the difference between factual assertions and opinions. For example, I think a lot of people don't understand the difference between these two statements unless they are side by side:

I like the physics in Gran Turismo and I really enjoy the driving experience.

Gran Turismo has the best physics and I really enjoy the driving experience.

There is nothing to argue with in the first statement, it's purely subjective opinion and the game isn't being compared to any other.

The second one is an objective statement, comparing the GT physics to all other racing games and as such is subject to discussion. What usually follows is someone offering up other examples of better physics, long discussions about the many faults in the GT physics models, then a bunch of complaining about the PC master race, the bad old PS3, blah blah blah, and finally the guy who made the original post will do something along these lines:

WHY DOES EVERYONE PICK ON EVERYTHING I SAY. I JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT I LIKED GT AND I LIKED DRIVING WHATS WRONG WITH THAT WHY CAN'T I JUST ENJOY THE GAME WITHOUT MY OPINIONS BEING PICKED TO DEATH GTPLANET IS GOING TO HECK WHY CAN'T IT BE LIKE THE OLD DAYS....

That's followed by the inevitable, "you didn't post an opinion you made a comparison and it's subject to debate", followed by "yes it was an opinion..."...

See where I'm going?

If you are going to post relative comparisons expect them to be challenged, it's as simple as that. It's easy to say we should just ignore that stuff, but that's not how the world works nor how this community works.

Every thing has its negatives and positives. Sure there are things people dislike about this game, but there are also things people like too. And contrary to what feedback you may acquire on this site, many people whom criticize this game also enjoy this game and simply wish for it to be the best that it can be.

I know that I have a history of pessimistic and sarcastic commentary towards these last two titles, but ultimately I do enjoy the game even if the impression seems otherwise.

The ignorant are whomsoever I should deign to label as such, obviously. That's how the real world works. :sly:

It is amazing what just skipping over posts that would otherwise make your blood boil can do, though. Although you run the risk of missing context.

Yeah like that post was truly directed towards you though:rolleyes: who said anyone skipped posts though?

Yeah like that post was truly directed towards you though:rolleyes: who said anyone skipped posts though?
Nobody can avoid judging anyone else, I'm just admitting to human nature! It is hard to maintain an objective definition of "ignorant", just as you alluded to.

"Ignoring the ignorant" implies (potentially) skipping past the posts of said (esp. "known") ignoranti. And also implies being ignorant yourself, amusingly. Again, human nature.

Enjoy reading your posts @Griffith500 .👍 You have a way with words and putting things into perspective without coming off like a chest beating know-it-all, and not pushing your opinions off on others as fact. I like that, others would do good to take note and learn from you, it would serve them well....in my opinion of course. :sly:

In my opinion people don't have to like each other but they should tolerate each other and the different approaches and interests we have towards the subject at hand. If someone approaches the subject in a playful manner or writes (in your opinion) excessively long posts, should you allow them to do so rather than force them away by saying 'this is not HOW we talk here'? Shouldn't it matter more WHAT we talk here? (This of course within the boundaries of AUP.) Something you find useless and pointless may be just what others come here to search for. Don't like it? Skip it.

I apologize if this post is out of context in this conversation. I'm not a native speaker so I didn't want to take my time to understand all the intellectual conversation here. I skipped it and only wanted to express my sympathy to the OP.

To those fellow members that agreed with my observations (on this matter of rampant and abusive negativity towards the game of Gran Turismo 6 applied indiscriminately across almost all discussions here, whether positive, playful, informative, or critical) and added their voice to mine I appreciate your agreement; thank you for the time and effort you took to let the community know of what you are conscious and concerned about.

To those those who expressed disagreement in a respectful and sincere manner - likewise; we must never blind ourselves to the fact that there is always two sides to any coin spun in the air, and only when such coin falls to rest is the right side up.

To the rest whose posts do not fall into either above category:

rabbitangie_zps769adfdc.jpg

To those fellow members that agreed with my observations (on this matter of rampant and abusive negativity towards the game of Gran Turismo 6 applied indiscriminately across almost all discussions here, whether positive, playful, informative, or critical) and added their voice to mine I appreciate your agreement; thank you for the time and effort you took to let the community know of what you are conscious and concerned about.

To those those who expressed disagreement in a respectful and sincere manner - likewise; we must never blind ourselves to the fact that there is always two sides to any coin spun in the air, and only when such coin falls to rest is the right side up.

To the rest whose posts do not fall into either above category:

rabbitangie_zps769adfdc.jpg

I'm more interested in the girl :drool: Who is Angie ? Is that her real name :lol:

I mentioned both of you (Toko and Imari) here as "power users" - do you have any problem with that? (apologies for some else's bad language):rolleyes:
What's a power user and why must one beware of one:confused: And people actually talk about me on other sites? That's a little bizarre. No offense of course.
I'm more interested in the girl :drool: Who is Angie ? Is that her real name :lol:
I'm going to have to guess she's more there because of the rabbit than anything else. :lol: If you read the OP there's some rabbits in there:D

I have been terrible negative about GT6 and I even said I would never return to it again and that the franchise had lost me. Well the Alpine VGT was worth it for me to repurchase GT6 and while going through the terrible update process (not completely done yet) I found the current version 1.11 quite enjoyable. Photomode is really nice to spend time in and as an enthusiast for Peugeot I am having a blast running the Peugeot 908 HDI FAP from the cockpit.

GT6 has really improved over version 1.01. But in fact PD can thank Peugeot and Alpine for returning me to the series. If it wasn't for those cars I couldn't have been bothered. However I don't want to go into a negative direction again because I really like the way OP has written his "Poetry".

So yes I refound "things" to enjoy in GT6 ;)

Last edited:
I'm going to have to guess she's more there because of the rabbit than anything else. :lol: If you read the OP there's some rabbits in there:D

At least this rabbit sits dry, well protected and comes with a gridgirl :odd:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back