Team Shmo Drifting (tuning garage) *NEW* jaguar xk coupe luxury '07

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 1,197 comments
Hey shmogt I've got something for you to try out. I'm not asking for a tune just thought you might like to try this.
Get a BMW M5 '05 from the UCD. Give it an engine tune up and then start adding HP a little at a time. Depending on what tires you have on the car see if you can turn it into a drift monster while leaving everything but the engine stock.

I'm not a drifter but I really like the way it handles on the stock suspension. Is great fun fully modifying the engine so the car has over 700hp, putting RS tires on it and then using it to float past all the Supercars In the Supercar festival.
Again not a request for a tune but something for you to check out and maybe have some fun with:)

XDesperado67
Hey shmogt I've got something for you to try out. I'm not asking for a tune just thought you might like to try this.
Get a BMW M5 '05 from the UCD. Give it an engine tune up and then start adding HP a little at a time. Depending on what tires you have on the car see if you can turn it into a drift monster while leaving everything but the engine stock.

I'm not a drifter but I really like the way it handles on the stock suspension. Is great fun fully modifying the engine so the car has over 700hp, putting RS tires on it and then using it to float past all the Supercars In the Supercar festival.
Again not a request for a tune but something for you to check out and maybe have some fun with:)

Lol o man a monster drift car just based on huge power. I'll have to give it a shot

what the hell lol? Fiat 500 is front wheel drive and Audi Rs 6 is 4 wheel drive. How are you supposed to drift with those. I will do the Ford GT one tho. I just happen to have a extra one laying around

You forgot the Ferrari and the Fiat is RR not FF

Last edited:
atomicnmd
You forgot the Ferrari and the Fiat is RR not FF

Lol how could I forget Ferrari, no one mentioned them at all. I'm like 99% sure fiat 500 is FF. There are many different years of them tho and you have not said which model. The old ones are RR but they have like 20hp

Thanks kind Sir. I am learning to drift and will try some of these tunes.

I've been messing around with a 2002 BMW 70's model and the Lexus LFA. The BMW has so much potential. But I cannot tune to save myself.

So I intend to learn from your tunes and apply it to my machinery.

Shmogt have you had a chance to try out the BMW M5 '05 like I suggested?
If so what do you think of the car like that. I know it forced me to learn better throttle control:lol:

Milldrum
Thanks kind Sir. I am learning to drift and will try some of these tunes.

I've been messing around with a 2002 BMW 70's model and the Lexus LFA. The BMW has so much potential. But I cannot tune to save myself.

So I intend to learn from your tunes and apply it to my machinery.

I suggest trying my BMW or Mercedes as I feel they are the easiest to drift and than go on from there.

Desperado I will try later today. I have been working of a new ford GT drift tune that is driving me crazy. I finally think I got it tho so I will try out the m5

I tried the Blitz. That is fun to drive. Then I tried my LFA again and tweaked it a little. I'm still better with the Lexus but the Blitz will become more familiar and take the mantle.

Milldrum
I tried the Blitz. That is fun to drive. Then I tried my LFA again and tweaked it a little. I'm still better with the Lexus but the Blitz will become more familiar and take the mantle.

Some cars are just harder to be good at drift than others. I remember that the blitz was pretty crazy and I was thinking about changing some settings based on what I have found with other crazy cars, but it has the highest point record at any track I go to making it the best car so I'm just gonna leave it

Jackthalad
shmogt, which track do you practice on when tuning your drift cars?

Ok I don't no exact spelling or names so use your brain to guess what I mean if it doesn't make sense. I use Tsukuba, stage 5, autumn ring mini or regular, I forget the name but the one where there is a full circle in the course, skuza, and sometimes stage 7. I think that is all. I only use what I see others using online and there's more than enough courses to make sure the car is good. Stage 7 may not seem like a drift track, but once you master how yo drift perfectly in a straight line without hitting the side the track suddenly becomes crazy fun.

Ok I don't no exact spelling or names so use your brain to guess what I mean if it doesn't make sense. I use Tsukuba, stage 5, autumn ring mini or regular, I forget the name but the one where there is a full circle in the course, skuza, and sometimes stage 7. I think that is all. I only use what I see others using online and there's more than enough courses to make sure the car is good. Stage 7 may not seem like a drift track, but once you master how yo drift perfectly in a straight line without hitting the side the track suddenly becomes crazy fun.
Tsukuba, SSR5, Autumn Ring mini and full, Cape Ring, Suzuka, and sometimes SSR7.

At some point I'd like to polish my drifting skills, so I'll probably be stopping here. ;)

Tsukuba, SSR5, Autumn Ring mini and full, Cape Ring, Suzuka, and sometimes SSR7.

At some point I'd like to polish my drifting skills, so I'll probably be stopping here. ;)

haaha yes those. I say start with the BMW it's easiest starter car

XDesperado67
Speaking of BMWs...:sly::lol::lol:

I tried your method. I had the BMW untouched in my garage. But I did paint it pink first.

This car was a beast to drive. It was a little more advanced than what I could handle. But it will be a good reference car to check if I'm improving.

Speaking of BMWs...:sly::lol::lol:

lolo yes I have tested it. I just finished my ford gt tune and tested it right after. I first look at it and it had lots of hp, but little torque compared to it. It also weighed almost two tons! That being said it did much better than I suspected. The gearing doesn't shift fast enough, but as long as I kept it in lower gears it drifted pretty well. I came pretty damn close to 20,000 drift points or whatever on Tsukuba which is the minimum for me to post a tune. I than decided to change the transmission and LSD just to see if I could make it shift a little quicker and managed to get it into some of my top cars. Thanks for suggesting it, I may even do a full blown tune for it since it's already half souped up.

lolo yes I have tested it. I just finished my ford gt tune and tested it right after. I first look at it and it had lots of hp, but little torque compared to it. It also weighed almost two tons! That being said it did much better than I suspected. The gearing doesn't shift fast enough, but as long as I kept it in lower gears it drifted pretty well. I came pretty damn close to 20,000 drift points or whatever on Tsukuba which is the minimum for me to post a tune. I than decided to change the transmission and LSD just to see if I could make it shift a little quicker and managed to get it into some of my top cars. Thanks for suggesting it, I may even do a full blown tune for it since it's already half souped up.

Glad you liked it. Like I said I don't drift other than what occasionally creeps in because of a cars handling so I drive the BMW like it is as a fun way to grind the Supercar eifal seasonal race and practice my throttle control.

You might test my Spitfire out as something to turn into a drift car, though I'm not sure of the difference between simply being tail happy and a good drifter.

Ford GT 2002

One of the most rarest cars in the whole game. Obviously I had to turn it into a drift car lol. However the most difficult tune yet. Drive this car and attempt to drift or drive with all upgrades and no tuning and you will see why this is the toughest drift car I have ever done and definitely up there with hardest to tune out there. That being said I feel I did a spectacular job because it is insane yet somehow controllable. It also has my all time record at Tsukuba at 23,000 at current moment. It is for extreme pros, but you don't have to be as perfect as you may think to drive it as I no longer find it that hard (might be from all the testing tho) just watch the throttle, use braking, and watch when to steer like any other drift car.

I also have a race tune for this car here

EDIT April 1/12: Changed the tires. Read parts. With that small change I added almost 10,000 more points. Much easier to control now and even more fun.

Last edited:
Glad you liked it. Like I said I don't drift other than what occasionally creeps in because of a cars handling so I drive the BMW like it is as a fun way to grind the Supercar eifal seasonal race and practice my throttle control.

You might test my Spitfire out as something to turn into a drift car, though I'm not sure of the difference between simply being tail happy and a good drifter.

It's tough to tell what will be a good drift car or not. Basically anything Rear wheeled drive with lots of torque is a start. Horsepower doesn't matter as much since your going fairly slow. That's why you see a lot of guys doing low hp garbage cars.

Lol how could I forget Ferrari, no one mentioned them at all. I'm like 99% sure fiat 500 is FF. There are many different years of them tho and you have not said which model. The old ones are RR but they have like 20hp

Old Premium one , forget the year , also you did the wrong GT im sorry , i thought I wrote 06

atomicnmd
Old Premium one , forget the year , also you did the wrong GT im sorry , i thought I wrote 06

Ya you didn't write year or model for anything. Ford GT is done I won't be doing any others for a long time. I maaaaaay do the old fiat since it will be funny but I'm pretty sure it's gonna suck since it's so low power, short wheel base, and rear engine. We will see

atomicnmd
So ur gonna do the Ferrari and the Fiat ?

I do cars that I havent set up for racing yet. The Ferrari California I'd have to buy another for drift so maybe one day. The fiat I'll prob do it only out of pure funniness to see it drift but don't expect it to be super amazing

If your up for the challenge I've been trying to find someone to tune my odd list of cars and still no one has. I use a controller so you know. no driving aids manual.

1970 Mitsubishi Galant GTO MR
1986 RUF BTR......if possible
2004 Mercedes Benz SL 65 AMG
1983 Nissan Silvia 240RS
1973 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R
1970 Nissan Fairlady Z 280Z-L 2seater
2000 Mustang SVT Cobra R
1983 Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1800GSR IC Turbo
2000 TVR Tuscan Speed 6.... I want to use this RM

That's just a few I would love to have done I just want to be the odd ball in the race 💡 private message me if your up for you can add me on PSN happy tuning :dunce:

Ford GT '02 by shmogt, on Flickr
Car: Ford GT 2002
Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 867/6400rpm
Torque: 700 ft-lb/4400rpm
Weight: 1206 kg
Miles: 255.6
Performance Points: 648

PARTS:
Best of all. I'm using comfort hard tires

SETUP:

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0/0
Weight Balance: 0/0

Transmission
1st: 3.587
2nd: 2.521
3rd: 1.935
4th: 1.542
5th: 1.260
6th: 1.066
Final: 2.777
Top Speed: 217

Limited Slip Differential
Initial: xx/5
Accel: xx/23
Braking: xx/11

Suspension
Ride Height: -18/-7
Spring Rate: 13.7/9.8
Extension: 8/5
Compression: 7/4
Anti-Roll: 6/4
Camber: 4.3/5.5
Toe: -1.00/0.66

Brakes
Brake Balance: 7/7

TUNER COMMENTS:
One of the most rarest cars in the whole game. Obviously I had to turn it into a drift car lol. However the most difficult tune yet. Drive this car and attempt to drift or drive with all upgrades and no tuning and you will see why this is the toughest drift car I have ever done and definitely up there with hardest to tune out there. That being said I feel I did a spectacular job because it is insane yet somehow controllable. It also has my all time record at Tsukuba at 23,000. You don't have to be as perfect as you may think to drive this as I no longer find it that hard just watch the throttle and when to steer like any other drift car.

This was nice man I like your tunes:tup:, I'm just not up to par with my drifting skills to handle this just yet :banghead: But I suggest anyone who can should use this it's nice defiantly eases around corners you can even put it in 5th gear on long turns and drift around it peacefully:cheers:

PghBest
This was nice man I like your tunes:tup:, I'm just not up to par with my drifting skills to handle this just yet :banghead: But I suggest anyone who can should use this it's nice defiantly eases around corners you can even put it in 5th gear on long turns and drift around it peacefully:cheers:

Thank you this car is my fav ever drifter as it drifts so well and took me forever to tune. You definitely have to be a big time pro to drive it tho cause it has tons of power and will easily slide away from you. I recommend 2nd for short corners and 3rd for longer ones. Obviously it depends on how long it is but 4th is pretty much the highest I think you need to go

Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R 2000

This car has lots of power, but doesn't seem to fast. Probably because it weighs so much. I did not make it as drifty and lose as I normally would to keep it more of a intermediate level car. Tougher than the BMW M3, but much easier than the Ford GT. I find 3rd for small corners and 4th for longer ones the best options as it kinda takes a while to rev up, but this works to your advantage to not get too much speed and spin out.

Last edited:

Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R '00 drift by shmogt, on Flickr
Car: Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R 2000
Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 721/5900rpm
Torque: 671 ft-lb/5400rpm
Weight: 1324 kg
Miles: 8,7631.1
Performance Points: 584

PARTS:
Best of all. Engine and chassis restore if needed. I'm using comfort hard tires

SETUP:

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0/0
Weight Balance: 0/0

Transmission
1st: 3.318
2nd: 2.452
3rd: 1.907
4th: 1.531
5th: 1.277
6th: 1.017
Final: 3.211
Top Speed: 180

Limited Slip Differential
Initial: xx/46
Accel: xx/54
Braking: xx/5

Suspension
Ride Height: -23/-20
Spring Rate: 12.8/7.5
Extension: 8/6
Compression: 8/4
Anti-Roll: 7/3
Camber: 3.2/1.0
Toe: -0.56/0.22

Brakes
Brake Balance: 6/6

TUNER COMMENTS:
This car has lots of power, but doesn't seem to fast. Probably because it weighs so much. I did not make it as drifty and lose as I normally would to keep it more of a intermediate level car. Tougher than the BMW M3, but much easier than the Ford GT. I find 3rd for small corners and 4th for longer ones the best options as it kinda takes a while to rev up, but this works to your advantage to not get too much speed and spin out.

dude you just made me go pro LOL :lol: no but really this is awesome for my led foot drifting style defiantly my favorite tune thus far to all the noob drifters I recommend you find a Cobra R and use this tune :cheers:

btw u should let me post something awd up check it out its not bad and of course u half to pretty much make it rw but I just wanted to ask I didn't want to offend you in any way and just take it upon myself to post it[/B][/B]

Last edited:
Back