Team Shmo Drifting (tuning garage) *NEW* jaguar xk coupe luxury '07

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 1,197 comments
Lol ya since opening this shop I test the cars so much that I went from normal to super pro drifter and I'm having a hard time as to what the normal gt5 drifter would like it to drive like. That mustang at the moment technically does hold my best recored at 50,000 one continues drift, but it was at ss7 so I don't count it.

Pm me your tune and I will test it out. If it's good I'll post it and say from you.

Lol ya since opening this shop I test the cars so much that I went from normal to super pro drifter and I'm having a hard time as to what the normal gt5 drifter would like it to drive like. That mustang at the moment technically does hold my best recored at 50,000 one continues drift, but it was at ss7 so I don't count it.

Pm me your tune and I will test it out. If it's good I'll post it and say from you.

Since I've not tried to "drift" as opposed to performing a power slide through some corners with certain cars I am wondering how it works. You refer to points for a drift where do those points come from? Also is it possible to do decent drifts with a ds3 or do you need a wheel? Thanks for your time.

XDesperado67
Since I've not tried to "drift" as opposed to performing a power slide through some corners with certain cars I am wondering how it works. You refer to points for a drift where do those points come from? Also is it possible to do decent drifts with a ds3 or do you need a wheel? Thanks for your time.

I use a controller with no problems. You can drift anywhere but best is to go to practice and choose drift. There is two modes one with points that are given only at set places on the track and another where you can get points for the whole track. I find doing this helps a lot for drifting as you can see where the most points are given out when you make a turn. Basically the closer you are and more sideways to the inside corner is what is gonna give you the most points. I also like to use the driving line as reference as to when to brake or start to turn. I may add a drifting tips section to my front page to give people who want to learn or become better drifters a few pointers

I use a controller with no problems. You can drift anywhere but best is to go to practice and choose drift. There is two modes one with points that are given only at set places on the track and another where you can get points for the whole track. I find doing this helps a lot for drifting as you can see where the most points are given out when you make a turn. Basically the closer you are and more sideways to the inside corner is what is gonna give you the most points. I also like to use the driving line as reference as to when to brake or start to turn. I may add a drifting tips section to my front page to give people who want to learn or become better drifters a few pointers
Thanks for the info. I'll have to check it out and see what I can do.

shmogt
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25861031@N07/5957745847/
Blitz DUNLOP ER34 SKYLINE '07 drift by shmogt, on Flickr
Car: Blitz DUNLOP ER34 SKYLINE 2007
Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 613/7200rpm
Torque: 539 ft-lb/4800rpm
Weight: 1252 kg
Miles: 35.3
Performance Points: 601

This car is pretty good stock, but I felt it could be improved also I was asked to do it for comfort hard tires. It looks really cool like some wild animal, especially night courses like stage 5. It is drifty yet controllable. The amount of power is a bit more than I would like for comfort hard, but just don't go as fast into the corners and the thing drifts perfectly.

I could not gold the Trial
Mountain drift seasonal with any of my lame cars. So I took out this beauty and now I'm the proud owner of a new Horizon-03 helmet. Thanks heaps.

Milldrum
I could not gold the Trial
Mountain drift seasonal with any of my lame cars. So I took out this beauty and now I'm the proud owner of a new Horizon-03 helmet. Thanks heaps.

Lol nice

Fiat 500 F 1965

First I gotta say I used the standard one, but I'm sure the premium one or any old model Fiat 500 can use this tune as there all basically the same. Someone asked me to do this car I thought it would suck and wasn't going to, but than I figured I mine as well try it could be good who knows. Nope. The the thing sucks ass. It seems like it weighs nothing, but it has no power so it actually weighs a ton. Comfort hard tires are super gripy for it they need to be coated in slim or something to get this thing to drift well. If you practice enough you can drift with it and will figure out how it works, but just choose another car. I got 14,500 points at Tsukuba I dare anyone to come close to beating that.

Last edited:

RUF BTR 1986

Oh baby the RUF tune is here. I was sent this car to tune and It definitely turned out very well. Go race it at Tsukuba right now. It's not the greatest at anything and kinda feels a little slow and controllable for a RUF ironically, but that adds up to be a awesome drifter. I find it super easy to control and drift with and I'm thinking everyone will too. Nothing really to warn about, but gear 2 and 3 will prob be used most with stage 3 turbo and if you choose stage 2 I find 3 and 4 better.

Last edited:
Hey shmogt got another "sucks" car for you to try drifting.
Check out the Volkswagen Karmann Ghia I have on share. I believe it still has a medium and high rpm turbos that you can swap out to try as well as a titanium racing exhaust. It's currently set up as a low speed cruiser but with the higher power might drift.

Hey shmogt got another "sucks" car for you to try drifting.
Check out the Volkswagen Karmann Ghia I have on share. I believe it still has a medium and high rpm turbos that you can swap out to try as well as a titanium racing exhaust. It's currently set up as a low speed cruiser but with the higher power might drift.

lol o god I hate these garbage cars. I tried a midget drift tune once and it actually drifted rather well for a horrible car, which is why I don't doubt any car can be tuned to drift. That one if you just max everything out it should be alright tho since it starts out with more hp than the Fiat max out reaches. I'll give it a try

RUF BTR '86 drift by shmogt, on Flickr
Car: RUF BTR 1986
Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 662/6600rpm
Torque: 539 ft-lb/5600rpm
Weight: 1062 kg
Miles: 34,527.1
Performance Points: 581

PARTS:
Best of all. Engine and chassis restore if needed. I'm using comfort hard tires. I have chassis reinforcement installed, but it's optional. Also stage 2 turbo has much more torque, but for some reason stage 3 works best for consistency which is the one I'm using and recommend

SETUP:

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0/0
Weight Balance: 0/0

Transmission
1st: 2.887
2nd: 2.135
3rd: 1.677
4th: 1.290
5th: 1.016
6th: 0.840
Final: 3.781
Top Speed: 186

Limited Slip Differential
Initial: xx/51
Accel: xx/57
Braking: xx/5

Suspension
Ride Height: -40/-18
Spring Rate: 14.0/7.8
Extension: 9/5
Compression: 8/4
Anti-Roll: 7/5
Camber: 4.1/0.3
Toe: -0.80/-0.13

Brakes
Brake Balance: 4/5

TUNER COMMENTS:
O baby the RUF tune is here. I was sent this car to tune and It definitely turned out very well. Go race it at Tsukuba right now. It's not the greatest at anything and kinda feels a little slow and controllable for a RUF ironically, but that adds up to be a awesome drifter. I find it super easy to control and drift with and I'm thinking everyone will too. Nothing really to warn about, but gear 2 and 3 will prob be used most with stage 3 turbo and if you choose stage 2 I find 3 and 4 better.

Love it man now that I'm getting better at drifting it seems easy

PghBest
Love it man now that I'm getting better at drifting it seems easy

I found this car easy as cake to drift and perfect for intermediate people who want to look like a pro. I always thought this was a really hard car to control for drift since it's a RUF but it turned out good and easy

Hello shmogt, could you make a Nissan Silvia S14 or S15 and an 350z Tune Settings, if you cant do both of them, then just do what you would think will be the best car from them,
Thanks.
-UB

UniquE BulleT
Hello shmogt, could you make a Nissan Silvia S14 or S15 and an 350z Tune Settings, if you cant do both of them, then just do what you would think will be the best car from them,
Thanks.
-UB

I have both tuned for drifting already I just gotta do a tiny bit more testing and take some photos than I'll post them. I'm working on a racing tune for a competition at the moment but shouldn't be too long a wait

just a little feedback...i used your blitz er34 '07 tune on a er34 d1 spec '04 and all i could say is wow.
i havent drifted in a while and i havent had but a few laps on it so far but you can stick this car anywhere you want it. inside, outside, doesnt matter. the car is super stable and by far a blast to drive. its definitely my favorite drift car out of everything i have tried!
congrats on such a great tune. keep them coming!

Zkid009
just a little feedback...i used your blitz er34 '07 tune on a er34 d1 spec '04 and all i could say is wow.
i havent drifted in a while and i havent had but a few laps on it so far but you can stick this car anywhere you want it. inside, outside, doesnt matter. the car is super stable and by far a blast to drive. its definitely my favorite drift car out of everything i have tried!
congrats on such a great tune. keep them coming!

Thank you I will keep them coming

haha and one more!
i took your 04 M3 setup and put it on the premium '07 bmw. i had to do a little tweaking as far as parts go but i got it very similar to your pp using most power upgrades and the stage 1 weight reduction and it too works extremely well.
keeping a drift going for the entire autumn ring is no problem what so ever!
loving these drift setups. by far some of the best i have tried

Zkid009
haha and one more!
i took your 04 M3 setup and put it on the premium '07 bmw. i had to do a little tweaking as far as parts go but i got it very similar to your pp using most power upgrades and the stage 1 weight reduction and it too works extremely well.
keeping a drift going for the entire autumn ring is no problem what so ever!
loving these drift setups. by far some of the best i have tried

Wooo go me! Lol But thanks again. I'm sure a lot of the tunes can be applied to similar cars to them. I no the GTO has like 3 other similar cars to it which I'm sure will drift the same.

haha thats what im sayin! i would get a gto if one would ever pop up in my ucd.
i havent seen one in who knows how long

shmogt did you have a chance to check out my Karmann Ghia yet? Only reason I'm asking is because I have it listed as a possible drift car on the tune and I should change that if it totally sucks as such.

shmogt did you have a chance to check out my Karmann Ghia yet? Only reason I'm asking is because I have it listed as a possible drift car on the tune and I should change that if it totally sucks as such.

its not that bad actually

nope sorry, I totally stopped tuning anything at the moment and am just focusing on the shootout. Every time I think my car is as good as it's gonna get I change something and it gets better so I keep trying more. I will tho

Nissan SILVIA K's Dia Selection (S13) 1990

People seem to love this car for drift everywhere I go someone ask me to do a tune. Well here it is! Easy to drift, definitely recommenced for beginners. Not enough power to get into trouble, but still enough to be able to drift the entire track. Not enough power for me personally, but looks cool and drifts alright.

Last edited:
not sure if youd be interested, but id love to see a ford gt.
i bought one, kept it stock performance wise. but tranny, drivetrain and suspension on it. did a little tweaking and was surprised how it felt.

i believe this car would be sick if it was actually tuned by someone who knew what they were doing. i personally couldnt tell you where to being with a drift tune or id do it

XDesperado67

I finally have a chance to test other cars since my car is now entered in the shootout, but I do no see this car in your shared cars

Back