Team Shmo Drifting (tuning garage) *NEW* jaguar xk coupe luxury '07

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 1,197 comments
Ya Idk. I posted a link above for you people to use. Type in my site and you're good. Obviously don't need to use it if you can get on tho.

Hey there. I thought I'd just share this little tale here. I'm not the best drifter by any means, and it's hard adjusting to drifting with a wheel (DFGT). I decided to get a solid base car to start drifting with, so I chose your drift tune for the S13 Silvia. It's a nice car with a nice tune. I'm still trying to get the hang of holding it in a slide, but I feel that this car would perform really great in the hands of a drifter far more capable than me.

Hey there. I thought I'd just share this little tale here. I'm not the best drifter by any means, and it's hard adjusting to drifting with a wheel (DFGT). I decided to get a solid base car to start drifting with, so I chose your drift tune for the S13 Silvia. It's a nice car with a nice tune. I'm still trying to get the hang of holding it in a slide, but I feel that this car would perform really great in the hands of a drifter far more capable than me.

Practise. I could barely drift anything when I started and almost said screw it to even learning. Now I can drift literally any car with ease. If you go to guides section and drift tips it list some cars that are good to start with and than to move up as you progress. I have a few lower powered cars and ones with sports tires that allow you to really hammer the gas and now worry about screwing up as much. A lot easy to learn with.

Honda Odyssey ‘03

A drift van lol. Yes you read that right. The second after I had this tune put together I took it online and literally every bodies minds were blown by the craziness. It drifts pretty damn good too. It doesn't have huge power and is super heavy, but it definitely performs. This is pretty much mandatory to add to your drift collection. It can be a little tricky to drive at first, but couple laps should be easy. Between 2 and 3 gear sometimes there is lag. However just make sure to shift at 45mph or more in 2 and there won't be any problems. I have actually been avoiding shifting down to 2 at all and always sticking to 3 and find that works even better. Not sure why it still revs great in 3 being the higher gear, but whatever it works.

HPA Motorsports FT565 twin turbo Audi TT

This is a 4WD car, but it works very well for a drifter. The good thing about 4WD is it makes it just slightly easier to control compared to pure RWD. The thing I like about this car is it is a special addition Audi TT basically. I like the normal TT and now have one with even more power. How can you go wrong with that? I also have a drag version of this HPA TT.

I was just messing around and wanted to share a tune with anyone interested. Its a 73 Skyline 2000GT-R. I purchased all parts except for chassis reinforcement. The car is yes low on power but will drift.
249hp/204 ft-lbs
Comfort hard tires front and rear
LSD:60/40/5
Ride Height -25/-25
Spring Rate 13.0/11.0
Dampers(extension) 4/4
Dampers(compression)3/3
ARB 7/7
Camber 0.0/0.5
Toe 0.00/0.05

If anyone would like to add or change something feel free to let me know this is just a quick drift tune.

I was just messing around and wanted to share a tune with anyone interested. Its a 73 Skyline 2000GT-R. I purchased all parts except for chassis reinforcement. The car is yes low on power but will drift.
249hp/204 ft-lbs
Comfort hard tires front and rear
LSD:60/40/5
Ride Height -25/-25
Spring Rate 13.0/11.0
Dampers(extension) 4/4
Dampers(compression)3/3
ARB 7/7
Camber 0.0/0.5
Toe 0.00/0.05

If anyone would like to add or change something feel free to let me know this is just a quick drift tune.

Cool I'll try this out

I took the same setup and used it for my 70 Skyline HT 2000GT-R. The only thing different is the LSD settings. For this one I use 60/45/20. The car is very responsive in 2nd gear and 3rd.

hcfirefighter09
I took the same setup and used it for my 70 Skyline HT 2000GT-R. The only thing different is the LSD settings. For this one I use 60/45/20. The car is very responsive in 2nd gear and 3rd.

K man I tried it. Was hard to get any power but i changed the transmission. Drifts pretty well and a lot better than I would have guessed for such a low powered car. If you wanna try my transmission setup it's really easy to do and add a lot more acceleration. Just slam the top speed to the left fully, change all the gears until they are on the second notch to the front. Only the last gear move just one notch down and set final as 3.960

Would your Clio tune work on the 2003 Clio Renault Sport V6 Phase2? Your 180SX on a 240SX or 200SX? Your Sprinter Trueno on the normal ae86?

Greenbush33
Would your Clio tune work on the 2003 Clio Renault Sport V6 Phase2? Your 180SX on a 240SX or 200SX? Your Sprinter Trueno on the normal ae86?

Tricky questions. The Clio might as long as the hp is similar. The 180sx has a lot of cars that are super similar to it. I have heard it has worked for some but not for others. Just depends which one you are using. I dont think the Sprinter will work on the other one only because it is such low power. However all these cars are similar so you could try them out and if something doesn't feel right just explain it and I'll give you my opinion on what needs to be changed to make it better. Also I have a how to tune for drift guide under guides section.

Ferrari F40

This car was originally made by Ben Devore than given the Team Shmo treatment to turn it into a beast! I will say that this is by far one of my most fav drift tunes yet. It is just too crazy yet easy to control. Showing up with a F40 and being crazy good with it always gets people impressed. I entered a room once and everyone had the usual RX-7, S2000, etc and once I started drifting in this they actually kicked me out because I was so much more amazing in it compared to their cars. It really is that good.

Last edited:

Dodge Charger 440 RT '70

Been asked about a tune for this car for a long time now and it is finally here! It's looks pretty sick seeing this big Dodge Charger tearing up the track and as we all know coolness is always a plus for drift. Now I will say this car gets a little touchy here and there, but just use less gas and watch what you are doing. I barely hit the gas when going around the corners just a few taps to get it to stay drifting. Now the touchiness is there for a reason because this car made it into the elite 30,000 point at Tsukuba club. You see all the tunes I have and maybe 6 max have made it to this club. A little tip is comfort medium for the rear for the extra huge drifts.

Nissan GRAN TURISMO SKYLINE GT-R (Pace) '01

Do you see what is on top of this car? That is correct it is police lights. Yes, that means when you are tearing up the drift tracks with the lights flashing like crazy and looking awesome! This drift tune is pretty good too which makes everything better. I find it a pretty good balance between drift machine and ease of use. Should work well whether you are a beginner or a advanced drifter.

Mercedes-Benz E 55 AMG '02

Did not expect this car to be so good. It weighs a lot and doesn't have the greatest weight balance, but that doesn't stop it from being a drift machine. I originally had comfort hard tires on the front and soft tires on the rear and although I managed to hit over 30k scores with it I changed the tune to be more user friendly. Best advice I can give for this is use the breaks. It sounds funny, but never go too fast into the corner because the momentum will slide it right off the track. Other than that feather the gas and have some fun.

Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury '07

What I love the most about this tune is it shows with only a tiny amount of adjustments you can go from good to great car. It has all the power you need so drifting is pretty easy for it and only needed a small adjustments to suspension to get that power moving in the right direction. Almost everything else is stock settings. Slightly tricky at first, but after a couple laps it is easy to use. The key to this tune is be in a higher gear than you think you should.

Back