Team Shmo (tuning garage) *NEW* CATERHAM SEVEN FIREBLADE '02

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 679 comments

HPA AUDI TT

This is a 1/4 mile drag tune. Very underrated and nice car to drive. Can easily beat most muscle cars and tuner cars. This tune will only work with this specific car so don't even bother asking or trying on other Audi TT's. It is about the same speeds as a Skyline R33. The stock car looks pretty cool too since it is all orange with orange rims. I also have barely any miles on this car so I'm sure it can go much much faster once it has full hp. A drift version of this HPA TT is also available.

I got 9.750

JAGUAR E-TYPE COUPE '61

I think we all can agree that the Jaguar E-TYPE Coupe '61 has to be one of the nicest looking cars of all time. It's smooth lines and elegance puts it above the rest. I was driving it and thought "this would be the prefect car for James Bond!". The only thing it was missing was actual performance. The car stock drives kinda awful. It just gets so crazy doing anything and makes your times so slow. I have made major changes to perfect all of this and really love the outcome. You still have to watch the gas coming out of the corners, but it is amazing to drive. The craziest part about this car is it only has 434hp and can do 185mph.

Here is a video of me driving it.

Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66 (Drag)

Not one person will ever think to drag this car. It is decently fast so you won't get destroyed depending on what car you are racing. Travis says far the most expensive drag tune I have ever done, and its the prettiest car I've tuned as well, even though its not the fastest car I have it is my favorite car in the world! Start in 2 and shift before it bottoms out. All the rest shift at the red line

Audi Le Mans quattro '03 drag

This is a 1/4 mile drag tune. Back in the day there were two main cars for drag that were shutting everyone down. The GTR and this Audi. For whatever reason people do not use this car anymore for drag which is perfect because they won't be expecting it. This car is extremely fast. Literally blow your mind fast. I have crazy paint on mine and people think it's a hack car than when I destroy them they instantly start screaming hack. It will easily beat 99% of other cars. Even amazing tunes it will tie or beat them. It's definitely a must have to add to your drag collection.

Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG (R230) '04 (drag)

This Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG (R230) '04 tune is for 1/4 mile drag. This car has so much power it is crazy. Has some trouble getting all of it down, but still is pretty quick. Start in 2 and shift ALWAYS at 6000rpm. Trust me if you go to the redline the car will be super slow. It is pretty quick off the line and shifts nice the whole way.

I did a 9.534

BMW M5

This car took me so long to tune. Literally months of trial and error. It had this weird tendency to try and flip on ever corner. Didn't matter how high or low I set the suspension the car would literally almost roll. I tried out many setups, some normal and some really standard, but always was never that great. I searched the internet, but still nothing spectacular. I think a big problem was because I am not using a spoiler to keep that stock sleeper look and this car could really use one. However after months like I said I took all the best elements of settings and combined them into this. The car still get crazy here and there, but it can actually be driven and driven fast.

Chaparral 2J Race Car '70 (drag)

This is for 1/4 drag. If you know anything about this car you know it looks hilarious, is very fast for racing, and only has three gears. It doesn't seem like this would be the best for drag racing, but you would be dead wrong. This car is crazy fast. Faster than a GTR black edition and probably on par with the GTR TC version. It really blew me away when I first tried it. Very easy to drive just launch in gear 1 and shift at the red.
Best time was 8.923

Lamborghini LP 670-4 SV

I made this tune a long time ago, but never shared it with everyone. It is for Nurburgring GP/D, but I'm thinking can be used anywhere. It is not a maxed out tune (600pp) since it would be too crazy for such a small track. I really like the Murciélago and the SV version really takes it to the next level. Drives great, but the LSD may be a bit aggressive for you. I slow down before the corner and ease on the gas when exiting before full power.

Mini Cooper 1.3L '98rally

One of the most classic rally tunes ever. This car dominated rally and blew everyone's minds. it doesn't have much power, but being so small and weighing so little really made it a hard car to beat. Now you have the chance to drive one of the greats. It is FF so it seems kind of strange, but with a little practise it is not hard at all to drive. Rally can be kind of tricky no matter what car you are using too. However the lower power of this one should make it good for beginners learning rally or advanced drivers trying to really perfect their laps.

Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary '88

A lot of people drive the Countach, but no one drives the 25th anniversary edition? I set out to find out why. I tested and tested, but came up with no answers lol. I did however end up making a pretty awesome tune. This car is probably a million times better than what I would of ever expected it to be. It is pretty old plus a Lambo which usually means too crazy, but this car is very easy to control. Obviously being really smooth in and out of the turns is what is gonna bring down the lap times, but even being aggressive isn't too bad. I think it looks awesome and painted mine a crazy purple to make all the bodywork flares really shine.

Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z Concept '88

You see the posted date at the top. I am slightly ashamed to admit that this was the first time I have ever driven this car since GT5 came out. The car looks great and seems like it would do pretty well in races, but for some reason I just never gave it a shot. GT6 will be out soon so I had to not only try this car, but make a tune for it before than. The least I could do for ignoring it for so long lol. I will tell you it was a big mistake not trying to all these years. It's exactly what I hoped it would be. A car that looks, sounds, and drives great. Even the horn sound is cool. I kept it a tiny bit aggressive because it is a muscle car after all, but the key to make it drive like a dream is to squeeze the brake when going in and squeeze the gas when going out. If you just slam one or the other it starts to go a bit crazy.

I've never tried this car either. Would this tune be OK with sports softs?
Tire choice is always up to you, BUT realize you will have to be more gentle with it. I'm sure if you slam the gas it will smoke the tires like crazy. Overall I'm sure it will be better than just a stock setting however.

Honda Life Step Van '72

This tune is specifically for the light weight K cars seasonal event, it lets you get in the top three 95% of the time. OK you can clearly see it is a van. Do not come into this thinking it will destroy a Ferrari, but do think it will destroy the other cars in it's class because it will. It's pretty slow so it's all about your driving in order to achieve the top spot, but hopefully this tune will make things a lot easier.

Caterham Seven Fireblade '02

This car is very special compared to the other cars. It is more of a go kart with lots of power than a regular car, it is also the only standard car that has full cockpit view like a premium, can be won as a prize for the hardest GT5 race the Formula GT championship, but is also the last Gran Turismo 5 tune I will ever make forever (don't worry I'll see you in GT6). Another thing that makes this particular car/tune special is it is meant to be driven with NO aids at all. That even means no abs and yes becomes a much greater challenge. I have tuned it as best I could and have had a great time driving it around all the wonderful tracks GT5 has to offer. Although on paper it's hp is low the the low weight makes it very competitive. I maxed it out at 160mph with no draft which is pretty damn fast with such low power. It's not as difficult as you may think to drive, but the key is remember just how light it is. A small bump can send you flying.

Hello, I need some tuning help with my Gallardo. I have put on all the upgrades including engine parts, body parts and weight reduction, but it suffers from major understeer. What should I do?

Hello, I need some tuning help with my Gallardo. I have put on all the upgrades including engine parts, body parts and weight reduction, but it suffers from major understeer. What should I do?

Easiest is raise the rear ride height a little more compared to the front and put the rear toe all the way into the negatives a tiny bit.

Back