Team Shmo (tuning garage) *NEW* CATERHAM SEVEN FIREBLADE '02

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 679 comments
Lol so I just used my drag viper for the new seasonals at Monza and came third. I probably could of gotten first but I hit one of those stupid signs that say 150, 100, 50 to tell you when to brake and for some reason they are installed so well that it didn't move when I clipped it and my car spun out of control.

shmogt
Lol so I just used my drag viper for the new seasonals at Monza and came third. I probably could of gotten first but I hit one of those stupid signs that say 150, 100, 50 to tell you when to brake and for some reason they are installed so well that it didn't move when I clipped it and my car spun out of control.

lol I know. The Infamous immovable signs :lol:

Gillet Vertigo Race Car 2004

This car is only for Indy speedway and Daytona Speedway. I don't know about you, but I always felt bad for this car when I raced against it in aspec because it always came last lol. I mainly raced against it on oval tracks and it would get lapped even by the other AI drivers. I couldn't believe it sucked this much and had to turn it into what it should have been from day one. Everything has been changed, especially the transmission which was awful before and didn't even let the car get up to top speeds. The car is unstoppable now and can easily win even with no braking at all. Top speed is about 235mph and 250-255mph with drafting and it gets there very quick. You would think that with such drastic suspension changes that on normal tracks it would be good as well just tricky to drive without oversteer. Well, you would be dead wrong. It is not good at all on normal tracks and has understeer so use it only for oval tracks which is what it was built for. Also it by far looks the coolest for any race car. so many cuts and swoops, and those TVR style rear lights, wow.

Last edited:

Renault Sport Lutecia Renault Sport Trophy Race Car '00

A perfect car made better lol. I did this car a long time ago, but never posted it as I figured the car is pretty much perfect as is. However all I see is people asking for a tune for this car so I figured I mine as well release it. I had the rear camber up higher and I felt it handled better, but my times were almost a second faster when lowered. Did I improve it? You tell me in the comments.
P.S. I think this will work for the Clio race car as well

Last edited:

Mercedes-Benz SL 600 (R230) 2004

Racing instructions:
If being used for racing obviously switch to racing soft tires and it's best to brake hard before the corner than coast for a bit and than back onto the gas. It has a slight under steer if you just slam on the gas or with so much power will spin up the tires. With so much power you will have no problem getting to 200+mph and fairly quick too.

Here is the drift car version http://www.team-shmo.com/Tunes/Mercedes-Benz/Drift/Mercedes-Benz-SL-600-R230-2004-Drift.php

Last edited:

Volkswagen typ2(T1) SambaBus 1962

This car can win some races, but it is very difficult. It was built for one purpose and that is to look as bad ass as possible. Going around corners is hilarious as sometimes you will go on the two side wheels and make it while other times you will just randomly start flipping out of control. It's up to you to decide. I found that the more gas you use the less chance of flipping, but hard to not under steer into the wall and brake while turning and the thing will flip a million times. Replays are always funny with it because it looks so cool than just goes insane out of know where. Thank you to "kennyblanco" for giving me a working transmission for this car.

Edit September 29 2011: Transmission change

Last edited:
LOL @the bus picture. I've rolled a few cars over myself, usually due to bad driving on my part, never just going aruond a corner. I think I am going to have to try this out. I'm sure it's going to be a bucket of laughs. I can't wait!

kennyblanco
LOL @the bus picture. I've rolled a few cars over myself, usually due to bad driving on my part, never just going aruond a corner. I think I am going to have to try this out. I'm sure it's going to be a bucket of laughs. I can't wait!

Lol ya the car is like a baby deer learning to walk. Sometimes it gets up and has no problems other times it just flips and collapses to the ground.

I decided to follow through with building your version of the pimp bus. I was in tears through the duration of my time with this ride. I couldn't keep it upright. The funniest moments were when it flipped on its side half-way through a turn only to somehow flip back right side up after sliding to a stop. Hilarious!

I've since decided to turn it to a full-time dragger after being inspired by another post. It is surprisingly quicker than what you'd expect.

Thank you for giving me a reason to enjoy a car that I would have otherwise ignored. Good work.👍

kennyblanco
I decided to follow through with building your version of the pimp bus. I was in tears through the duration of my time with this ride. I couldn't keep it upright. The funniest moments were when it flipped on its side half-way through a turn only to somehow flip back right side up after sliding to a stop. Hilarious!

I've since decided to turn it to a full-time dragger after being inspired by another post. It is surprisingly quicker than what you'd expect.

Thank you for giving me a reason to enjoy a car that I would have otherwise ignored. Good work.👍

Lol another satisfied customer. Ya it reminds me of gran theft auto where you can flip a car randomly and even tho it's on it's roof somehow can manage to flip it back over and drive away. Also if that drag tune has a better transmission set up where it actually accelerates quick in gear one pls link me cause I hate how slow it starts off.

Lol another satisfied customer. Ya it reminds me of gran theft auto where you can flip a car randomly and even tho it's on it's roof somehow can manage to flip it back over and drive away. Also if that drag tune has a better transmission set up where it actually accelerates quick in gear one pls link me cause I hate how slow it starts off.

I'm new to drag racing but I"ll send you the settings. Maybe you could give me some pointers. I don't think its fast by any means though. Only faster than one would expect. I've achieved trap speed of 95 mph after toying around with it for an hour or so. With such little power and not even the least bit of wheelspin I believe a very short 1st gear is key to acceleration.

kennyblanco
I'm new to drag racing but I"ll send you the settings. Maybe you could give me some pointers. I don't think its fast by any means though. Only faster than one would expect. I've achieved trap speed of 95 mph after toying around with it for an hour or so. With such little power and not even the least bit of wheelspin I believe a very short 1st gear is key to acceleration.

I found with this car for some reason gear 1 is just the slowest ever acceleration than the turbo kicks in and it starts to move. I don't want to make mine into a drag car as it will beat nothing lol, but I don't want a new transmission setup that makes it move right away. It's so annoying when you flip it and it takes forever to get up and go again.

Nissan SKYLINE HT 2000GT-R (KPGC10) 1970

First off this car looks freakin cool. I saw this car in the newest fast and the furious movie, "Fast Five" and had no idea what it was until I happened to see just the small part it's in (when Brian is in Brazil for the first time with the girl and drives up to the house to meet the guy from the first movie) and realized it has a GT-R logo on the front. It looks exactly like a old muscle car only better because its Japanese meaning it can take corners with the added bonus of being super light. Torque wise is bit of a problem as it is quite low, but the hp isn't that high either so it all works out. The car easy to drive a I find it a lot of fun too, all around good car.

Last edited:
This tune is so good thanks so much i wanted to tune one myself but i thought "it'll be awful!" then i saw this and it made my day! If your still doing requests could you do a '91 NSX (the acura one, though i wish it said honda x( ) cus i thought about buying one for ages but never got round to it then i did and now it sits in my garage gathering dust :P

afbarnes
This tune is so good thanks so much i wanted to tune one myself but i thought "it'll be awful!" then i saw this and it made my day! If your still doing requests could you do a '91 NSX (the acura one, though i wish it said honda x( ) cus i thought about buying one for ages but never got round to it then i did and now it sits in my garage gathering dust :P

Thanks. Acura nsx '91 it is

SPOON CR-Z

The only reason I did this car is because it was the last car from the premium dealership that I needed and looks fairly interesting. It is pretty good right out of the gate, but like with everything you can always make some improvements and I did lol. It is basically the same only everything is sharper and more precise to give you that extra edge.

P.S. I just raced with this today to take some pictures of it and it seriously is pretty sweet. It has nice lines, quite quick, all around fun to drive. I thought I screwed up the transmission because 4 gear was so long than I realized I was racing in manual and needed to shift down lol.

Last edited:

Car: ACURA NSX 1991
Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: idk
Torque: idk
Weight: idk
Miles: idk
Performance Points: idk

PARTS:
All pars.

SETUP:

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0/20
Weight Balance: 0/0

Transmission
1st: 3.049
2nd: 2.061
3rd: 1.537
4th: 1.217
5th: 1.012
Final: 3.542
Top Speed: 168

Limited Slip Differential
Initial: xx/15
Accel: xx/36
Braking: xx/14

Suspension
Ride Height: -10/-20
Spring Rate: 6.7/8.4
Extension: 5/5
Compression: 4/5
Anti-Roll: 3/3
Camber: 0.5/2.0
Toe: -0.08/0.20

Brakes
Brake Balance: 5/5

TUNER COMMENTS:
99% sure this is not my tune which is why it's not in my main page, but I can't remember who made it so I am just posting it because someone asked and it's what I personally use. I too got this car and had it just sit because I hated it until I tried this tune applied so I had to share it as the car is really good.

Last edited:
afbarnes
What do mean that you cant get spec 2?

It says outrageous amounts of time to download like literally a full week of pure downloading. So basically GT5 is dead to me now since I can't get the update. I'll keep trying maybe there servers are also a little slow, but we will see

Yeah whatever dude, I live down the 401 in Guelph.You can have all the great things you have in Toronto like your murders,traffic,and crappy internet.Anyway it shouldn't take that long.

Back