Team Shmo (tuning garage) *NEW* CATERHAM SEVEN FIREBLADE '02

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 679 comments
Fredd
Wooww so many tunes and look really awsome *_* tonight i gonna test some of them :)

Thanks I hope you like them. If any seem strange please tell me because spec 2 changed some physics a bit.

bankotsu420
What up Shmo,
Was wondering if you are going to do any tunes on the TC'S from the DLC???

Lol I am wondering the same thing. I had planned on it, but haven't bought the DLC yet and have heard that the cars are pretty good stock.

shmogt
Lol I am wondering the same thing. I had planned on it, but haven't bought the DLC yet and have heard that the cars are pretty good stock.

Yea they are good. But with a good tune I'm sure they could be better. Well we look forward to what you will bring when you get the cars.

Ferrari Enzo '02 drag by shmogt, on Flickr
Car: Ferrari Enzo 2002
Drivetrain: MR
Horsepower: 922HP/8900rpm
Torque: 609 ft-lb/6400rpm
Weight: 1044 kg
Miles: 1,643.2
Performance Points: 636

PARTS:
All parts including spoiler and I added Chassis Reinforcement, but its optional

SETUP:

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: 2/10
Weight Balance: 0/0

Transmission
1st: 3.321
2nd: 2.426
3rd: 1.688
4th: 1.345
5th: 1.115
6th: 0.958
Final: 3.260
Top Speed: 199

Limited Slip Differential
Initial: xx/10
Accel: xx/30
Braking: xx/5

Suspension
Ride Height: -20/45
Spring Rate: 15.0/6.6
Extension: 10/6
Compression: 5/3
Anti-Roll: 7/7
Camber: 0.0/0.0
Toe: 0.15/0.20

Brakes
Brake Balance: 6/7

TUNER COMMENTS:
This car is strictly for drag. It was built for Indy (should work everywhere). The set up may look a little different from what your used to, but I'm telling you it's awesome as long as you follow the instructions perfectly. Make sure you line up straight to avoid having to really steer at all. Always launch in 2nd as there is sort of a built in time delay when it comes to the rest of the gears. After you launch I would say 90% of the time you will be losing for the first tiny bit up until you shift to the next gear since the tires smoke, which is fine. MOST IMPORTANT is you must shift to 3rd at exactly 90mph (145kph). It will be tempting to shift earlier as the other person will be far ahead, but trust me anything other than 90 will grantee you lose. Once you shift to 3rd you will find the car turns into a rocket catching up like crazy. All the other gears just shift at the red line and watch as you catch up and pass the other person. I never drag race, but was testing this out all today and beat GT-R, R8, 458, Ford GT, etc. All the top cars I was able to beat by following these instructions and like I said I never drag so I am sure after a tiny bit of practice all of you will be much better.

P.S. The pics are not mine, but the person who took them was banned so I couldn't ask permission lol

does that transmission work in the 2.0 update

Honda S2000 2001

This car was tuned for "1st Annual Fall Roadster Battle!" and had to fit into the restrictions of 450pp and sports medium or less tires. The contest track is Autumn Ring, so this car is specifically tuned for there, but should still be good at other tracks.

This is the second best S2000 in the game. I would have chosen the best one, but I had already had it maxed out so nothing I could really do. It's pretty much all in the tune since I didn't use virtually any power performance parts and with a standard 50/50 weight ratio it came out quite well. I tried to make it easy as possible for all to drive, but the tail can kick out or the rear wheels spin if you drive just a bit too hard. I find you will have absolutely no problems if you brake just a bit before where you think you should than let go of everything and coast a tiny bit around the apex and than ease back on the gas. Doing that will make this car very easy and more importantly very fast to drive. I got a 1:25.7xx and that's with a controller and a few mistakes so the super good drives may be able to pull in the 1:24 or less.

Last edited:
Ok people thanks I thought the first pic was dope, but the second pic was so interesting and different than any others would be.

Great job with the page. I used your Viper GTS'02 tune with a lot of success and will try some of your others. Appreciate the hard work 👍

I agree on pic #1 being the best as well

billren2k3
Great job with the page. I used your Viper GTS'02 tune with a lot of success and will try some of your others. Appreciate the hard work 👍

I agree on pic #1 being the best as well

Thanks I love the viper. Mines all matte black with black rims and a carbon fiber hood and spoiler. Looks sweet because the entire front of the viper is the hood.

krenkme
First pic for the car. Second for weird/awesom..ness :dopey:

Lol ya I took a couple new pics today but haven't seen them on the comp yet to see of they look good. The second pic I like how it has so much curve it reminds me of a snake head and the lighting was cool as it goes light and fades to dark as you go out. I edited it and it looks much better, but first pic is prob what I'll go with since i think it looks good with no edits and only a tiny bit better with them.

Mazda Roadster RS (NC) 2007

This car was built for Tsukuba specifically for the endurance race. Let's face it we all have to do the endurance races and boring ones like this will drive you crazy without a good tune. I did this race with a regular track tune and went insane so i had to do one specially for this event. I used racing softs even tho it's and endurance events because one it makes it easier to go faster and lap them quicker so you can than take a break and make a sandwich without worrying about losing and two I only made 4 pit stops the entire time which to me is worth it. Does everything fairly well i would suggest drive up to the corner and coast the apex than back on the gas for the cleanest lines.

Last edited:

Nissan MOTUL AUTECH GT-R 2008

This car is built for Indy road track. It's speed and handling to me are pretty much as good as it's going to get. The smoothness of how you drive is what is really going to give you some quick lap times. Indy is a tough track because it has a lot of smooth flat parts for speed, but also some really tight corners so making the car be quick and handle well was a challenge. I made small changes each time and always kept shaving seconds off my time with each lap until it didn't matter what I changed I kept getting about the same times. Pretty much the key is to stick close as possible to all the corners and get right up against that white line on the final large turn that leads to the main straight for the quickest times.

P.S. I have a couple extra photos of this here

Last edited:

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 2009

Ok to start off I never planned on doing a veyron race tune, but saw one pop up in UCD that was white and orange and omg I had to buy it. To justify my 2 million dollar purchase I set off to create a veyron that can actually be drivable at smaller twistier tracks. I think I did a pretty good job too, it's fast as hell and handles pretty good. The reason I think the veyron sucks at turning is because the brakes are not strong enough. Every time I changed the brakes the front brakes would take over too much and to have the low enough the rear are still just a tiny bit too weak still. The majority of my testing was at Grand Vally Speedway, but I tested it at high speed speedway reverse which is got only one second slower than my Corvette RM which holds my record their and as fast as a Team Ocreana Viper (don't remember the exact name lol). On tracks with lots of bumps ALWAYS brake super quick right before you go over a hill or it will turn into a plane lol and you will not have enough room to brake to make the next corner. As they always say slow in and fast out is still the key to fastest and cleanest way around the track. Easy on the brakes going in and more important slow on the gas coming out. A good idea is break a bit earlier than you normally would for other cars. You are going much faster than anything else and it needs more room to stop. Hit the brakes and let go of the gas than go smoothly around the corner trying to stay as close to the inside as possible than keep giving it a little more gas at a time near the end to WHOOOSH away! A little practice and I'm sure you will agree it's a pretty good car for all tracks now.

Edit Nov 30, 2011: final gear change

P.S. Since I got this car only for its paint job I had to take some more pics. Like everyone kinda mad its standard as they turned out just ok, but still some nice ones here.

Last edited:
Wow, we have both recently tuned a Veyron on the same day, but in 2 completely opposite directions and reasons as to why we chose to tune the French rocket :lol: .
I have to say you have done a fine job in making this thing better, im still not entirely used to it being so heavy [had to leave engine and weight as stock for my tune to still work] but even with the small technicalities, this setup shone through on Grand Valley Speedway, with a time of 1:49.000 [it probably would be faster if I was a much better driver though ] but I actually enjoyed it, and this is from someone who hates the Veyron [although I love the car before it, the EB110], Well done! :D

Wow, we have both recently tuned a Veyron on the same day, but in 2 completely opposite directions and reasons as to why we chose to tune the French rocket :lol: .
I have to say you have done a fine job in making this thing better, im still not entirely used to it being so heavy [had to leave engine and weight as stock for my tune to still work] but even with the small technicalities, this setup shone through on Grand Valley Speedway, with a time of 1:49.000 [it probably would be faster if I was a much better driver though ] but I actually enjoyed it, and this is from someone who hates the Veyron [although I love the car before it, the EB110], Well done! :D

ahha you tried it already, quickest review ever thanks. Ya i made this a few days ago, but it takes so long taking pictures so i only got it up today. That was my goal to have everyone who says they hate driving the veyron because it can not turn try this and come back to say it's actually pretty fun and can make the turns no prob. Goal achieved already lol

It should since I made it after spec 2 lol. Read the comments on how to drive it. Anything else and you have a greater chance at losing.

I found out how to put the gearbox on my enzo and I not sure about being tune for indy because Of it topspeed 255mph.but at the top gear track I beat a speed 8 with this tune so I think this is the best drag tune if you get it right

lldantell
I found out how to put the gearbox on my enzo and I not sure about being tune for indy because Of it topspeed 255mph.but at the top gear track I beat a speed 8 with this tune so I think this is the best drag tune if you get it right

Are you saying my tune is good for that or you made your own and it won?

lldantell

Are you saying mine is good or the one you made is really good and won?

It didn't say it posted so I wrote it again. Idk how to delete this one

New special lotus tune coming soon.

Edit: god damnit I made a tune so amazing and go racing online where I find it's still good there and the stupid screen for online just loads forever. Literally waited 15min for it to do something but just kept loading. Had to quit and now the lotus is even more delayed.

Last edited:

Lotus Motor Sport Elise 1999

If you think you are a good driver than this is the car for you. Insanely light for the amount of power it has. It is really good, but if you're not a good driver than don't even bother. Full out race car and by far the best Lotus. I came super close to my RUF yellowbird time around Monza and beat my Corvette C6 time on cape ring. Online is even harder to control, but I beat a C6 RM, I am dead serious. The guy may have sucked at driving not sure, but I still beat him. The key is easy on the gas coming out of corners and brake just before you have to. So if you have the line on and it shows red start breaking a tiny bit before that to make sure you get as close as you can to the corner. Usually if you break when it tells you, you will over shoot it and not get the best line. Also I didn't get the after market spoiler only because I like the looks of the standard one better, but I'm sure the after market one will only make it better.

Last edited:
@Shmogt Hey is this a car i win or is it a car i could buy because i cant find it in the dealership.

The MS Elise is from the Used Car Dealer , so you have to wait till it comes up or you can trade one on the marketplace. ;)

raVer

Latest Posts

Back