TEKKEN 7

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 211 comments

Aaaaaand that's a thing. Apparently she's being removed from the NA version? I see it everywhere but not sure to trust if that's true or not.

Aaaaaand that's a thing. Apparently she's being removed from the NA version? I see it everywhere but not sure to trust if that's true or not.

And cue the internet rage over another "anime" character that "Doesn't belong in Tekken". Weirdly, I like her already and I don't even know why.

Also, where does it say she is being removed from the NA version? This hasn't even come out for Arcades yet.

And cue the internet rage over another "anime" character that "Doesn't belong in Tekken". Weirdly, I like her already and I don't even know why.

"Another anime character"? For some reason I can't figure out who else fits the profile.

Weirdly, I like her already and I don't even know why.

I feel the same way. Very weird.

Also, where does it say she is being removed from the NA version? This hasn't even come out for Arcades yet.

Looking into it a little better. Harada made a tweet about it since there was an uproar about how she shouldn't be in the game. Implying that she would be removed (in NA), but he was joking.

"Another anime character"? For some reason I can't figure out who else fits the profile.

The fans said the same thing about Lars and Alisa when Tekken 6 came out and then said the same thing about Eliza in Tekken Revolution and some are already saying it about Kazumi. Its the go-to description when people hate a new character most of the time as of late.

The new Arab fighter first shown in concept form has been revealed: Shaheen

Shaheen.jpg

Arcade Intro:

And finally, the final boss of Tekken 7 is...

kazumi1.jpg

kazumi2.jpg

kazumi3.jpg

kazumi4.jpg

Interestingly, her Devil form looks much different then what was shown in the initial teaser last year and that stage looks exactly like the volcano in which Kazuya was fighting Heihachi in the intro.

So far, I haven't seen anything regarding Jin returning. While this is focused on the feud between Kazuya and Heihachi, I have a theory on why Jin could still make it in Tekken 7:

Jin's sole mission has been to destroy the Mishima Bloodline in an effort to rid himself of the Devil Gene and going by the campaign ending in Tekken 6, he wasn't successful in doing so despite defeating Azazel. I'm thinking that with Kazumi's resurrection, it'll reawaken Jin's Powers just as Jinpachi did when he was possessed by the Devil and since she is basically the beginning of that Devil Gene, Jin will try to defeat her to end that bloodline.

Also, I get the feeling that if he does end up in Tekken 7, we will no longer have Devil Jin as a separate playable character. The fact that Jin was able to use his powers without fully transforming (just like Kazuya can) and do it at a much younger age tells me that now he is fully in control of it.

Looks exciting. Seeing how I've lost all interest in the MK games, might pick this up. Last Tekken game I played was Tekken 5 or 6 I think (the first one that came on the X360), and it was friggin' good.

Someone from Korea has leaked character data from Tekken 7 and got the following pics:

t7dvj1.jpg

t7jin1.png

t7newface.png

t7unknownrightnow.png

My impressions:

Devil Jin: Kinda disappointed that he still looks the exact same. Even more disappointing is that he is still a separate character. Why can't he just be apart of Jin already as Devil Already is with Kazuya? It'll just make what happened in Tekken 6 meaningless. As much as people hate it, I'll gladly take his Blood Vengeance look over this now outdated Palette swap.

Jin Kazama: Glad to see him and I'm digging the new outfit. I doubt this is his default P1 outfit but still looks great.

New Girl: Not sure about those one. Word is she might be the series first Filipino character and as far as I can tell, she doesn't have any previous fighting style so definitely will be bringing something unique. A lot of people hate her outfit . Either way, Its another new character so its cool and gosh, she's cute.

Big Red...machine?: At first, I thought maybe its a customization for Marduk but when I took a good look, I soon realized he is much bigger the Marduk. So it looks like we got another new character. Now what is his story? How the hell did he get here and what the hell is he doing here? Lots of questions to be answered.

My only problem with T7 and basically anything after T5 is that bound system/rage system that, and I agree to an extent some fighters looking more and more anim-ish which at first wasn't a problem, but it gets to be real stupid.

From what I've seen in Trailers some of this new stuff has put me in the definite I'll pass list. I guess I'm one of those hold overs that miss the older games cause they felt more real in fact I believe Tekken and VF were my favorites because they were more realistic in their movements etc. Some might argue that, but that's just an opinion.

Luckily, this is only in Arcades at the moment so plenty of time to change things.

My only problem with T7 and basically anything after T5 is that bound system/rage system that, and I agree to an extent some fighters looking more and more anim-ish which at first wasn't a problem, but it gets to be real stupid.

From what I've seen in Trailers some of this new stuff has put me in the definite I'll pass list. I guess I'm one of those hold overs that miss the older games cause they felt more real in fact I believe Tekken and VF were my favorites because they were more realistic in their movements etc. Some might argue that, but that's just an opinion.

Old school Tekken and VF games = GOLD!

Miss Tekken on the PS1 and 2.. those were the days.

Finally more details on the recently leaked characters, including the new girl Josie Rizal (Who is indeed Filipino).

JosieRizal.jpg

Last edited:
New Jin/Devil Jin Trailer:

So it would appear that the hood is indeed his new outfit. I dig it. Don't care too much for Devil Jin, I honestly see no point in him being a separate character anymore the way he still looks. His appeal has just worn on me.

-> ...
Finally more details on the recently leaked characters, including the new girl Josie Rizal (Who is indeed Filipino).

JosieRizal.jpg

^ What really made me happy about her charater is the martial art she performs! It may be a combination of Eskrima (as Harada-san confirmed) and Yaw-Yan (as some of her kick boxing maneuvers). And also a slight hint of her broken-english accent too! 👍

~> And the cosplayer is pretty cute too!! (I wonder whats her name...) :sly:

60758972.jpg

:boggled:

-> ...

^ What really made me happy about her charater is the martial art she performs! It may be a combination of Eskrima (as Harada-san confirmed) and Yaw-Yan (as some of her kick boxing maneuvers). And also a slight hint of her broken-english accent too! 👍

It is indeed Escrima, combined with Muay Thai Kickboxing.

~> And the cosplayer is pretty cute too!! (I wonder whats her name...) :sly:

Somehow, I thought you'd be interested in that :sly: That would be Yuriko Tiger (and I'm not making that up, that's actually her name).

Also, for those that just want to skip to the Trailer:

It is indeed Escrima, combined with Muay Thai Kickboxing.
^ Shouldn't be Muay Thai already been covered by Bruce Irvin?

bruce1.jpg

-> I would think her kickboxing side/part to compliment her Eskrima style would be Yaw-Yan, which means in Filipino-Bisaya as the "Dance of Death" or in Tagalog: Sayaw ng Kamatayan. It has a totally different form comapred to traditional Thailand's popular martial art, I studied a bit of Muay Thai and its not the same. ;)

Somehow, I thought you'd be interested in that :sly: That would be Yuriko Tiger (and I'm not making that up, that's actually her name).
^ Thank you! I call dibs on her! :lol:

^ Shouldn't be Muay Thai already been covered by Bruce Irvin?

bruce1.jpg

-> I would think her kickboxing side/part to compliment her Eskrima style would be Yaw-Yan, which means in Filipino-Bisaya as the "Dance of Death" or in Tagalog: Sayaw ng Kamatayan. It has a totally different form comapred to traditional Thailand's popular martial art, I studied a bit of Muay Thai and its not the same. ;)

Where exactly did I say they were the same?

Besides, that's what Harada said (Based on the translations I got). There was no mention of Yaw-Yan.

-> ...
Where exactly did I say they were the same?

Besides, that's what Harada said (Based on the translations I got). There was no mention of Yaw-Yan.
^ Maybe Harada-san doesn't know the name of the Pinoy Kickboxing style, oh well.

The 4th character that was leaked a month ago has been revealed: Gigas

People are already screaming "WAAAH, HE REPLACED MARDUK!!!!WAAAAH, HE REPLACED JACK!!!" just because it appears he's got a lot of their moves (much like the whole BS with Josie Rizal because she has much of Bruce's moves). This kinda of crap is why I don't bother going to Tekken forums anymore, its nothing but bitching.

Anyhow, looks menacing and crazy (and has managed to Surpass Bryan in the Merciless beatdown category). I've already got a theory about this guy:

NANCY didn't do squat and G Corp now has Jacks on their side so the Mishima Zaibatsu (and their seemingly endless amount of funds) create this crazy thing to take on the Jacks and uses the upcoming tournament to put it through its paces.

Edit: And I just noticed he has a human mouth with all that roaring going on. Officially creeped out now.

Last edited:
Dang... and I thought Marduk was a big dude. Gigas is not only big, but scary. I never came across someone this fierce since (in my fighting game experience) Kintaro from Mortal Kombat 2. Yeah, RACECAR, this guy will give you some nightmares.

Yoshimitsu Gameplay Trailer:

Well it just wouldn't be Tekken without Yoshimitsu sporting a different look and this is no different. Personally, I think this looks works well, I'd go as far as to say I put this right up there with his Tekken 4 Beetle look. Could just be me but it reminds me of Alien for some reason.

Last edited:
Ah, yes... the oddball Yoshimitsu. I never known Yoshimitsu to be so agile. I'd expect agile swordplay from Kunimitsu... not YOSHImitsu. Almost seems like he was in the Soul Calibur realm practicing to get into Tekken 7. But yeah... welcome to the T7 party, Yoshimitsu!

Back