Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends

• Thread starter drivatar
  • 861 comments
Slightly Mad Studios' "Ferrari Project" seems to be still alive:

Lesquin, November 18, 2011 – Bigben Interactive is proud to announce having signed the distribution of two major titles from the EVOLVED/DATA CONTENT Ltd catalogue.

First of all, the very successful TEST DRIVE license with the new opus called TEST DRIVE: FERRARI – the ultimate driving experience for fans of the Ferrari Brands and the racing games. TEST DRIVE: FERRARI will be the 20th title of this impressive and successful collection. The last episode has reached 1.5 million sell-out worldwide.

Bigben Interactive will release the title in most major European countries besides the United Kingdom on March 30, 2012. It will be available on PS3™/Xbox360™/PC.
http://www.bigben-interactive.co.uk...12/uk/PressRelease_BBI_TEST-DRIVE-FERRARI.pdf

Blimey! Games, which Slightly Mad acquired back in 2009, had a licensed Ferrari title in the works, which was then reportedly held up by legal wranglings.

When quizzed on the No Grip forum as to the game's status back in August, Slightly Mad's head of development Ian Bell replied, "On the Ferrari game, expect some interesting news very soon."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-22-test-drive-ferrari-announced

Update:
Google translate
Developers have prepared more than 50 models of Italian cars, around 30 different routes, and many other attractions. The game is divided into several modes. There were also multiplayer for 8 people.
http://www.gry-online.pl/S016.asp?ID=17665

New release date: June 29, 2012

Last edited:
Interesting. Kind of ironic that 'Test Drive: Ferrari' isn't coming to the UK when the publisher has the same name as the famous bell in the houses of parliament...

Where does it say it isn't coming to the UK?

First screenshot:

cn2n2oa

It's not fake, I'd say. One, it's from Badned, and two...it looks a lot like a TDU3 with Ferraris and real race tracks. Also, the Slightly Mad Studios logo was on it the whole time. But you guys do realized that, if this game is really good, people are gonna demand that TDU3 be made with the engine from this game.

Wait...when did Atari sell of the Test Drive license? I googled it and there is no mention of the sell off anywhere...just Bigben popping up in November and going "By the way, we're developing the new Test Drive Ferrari game."

Also...Slightly Mad produces the Shift series...do you expect it NOT to be a shift game...which, I still think even the shift engine would work in a TDU game, but that's probably never going to happen.

Maybe the Shift 2: Unlimited was a bit of a play of words of Test Drive Unlimited 2.

Well, if you're unleashed...you have no limits, right. You've broken away from your limits. And Unlimited would be without limits or a cage or something.

They're synonyms.

Hmmm worth following but a Shift Ferrari game is a no no :D

Oh and is it me or does the Conversation above ring a certain Top Gear Bell (Hint hammer head shark ..It's a Dolphin :D )

Is this fake?

Not liking how the video constantly showed oversteer when entering into the turns.

And being from SMS & their work on Shift 2, I'm fearing the same delayed steering input. That hurt Shift 2 for me & it would be killer for me if this game has it.
It's not fake, I'd say. One, it's from Badned, and two...it looks a lot like a TDU3 with Ferraris and real race tracks. Also, the Slightly Mad Studios logo was on it the whole time. But you guys do realized that, if this game is really good, people are gonna demand that TDU3 be made with the engine from this game.
After the disaster that was TDU2, there is no way this would force anyone to ask for a TDU3; not even the same gameplay.
Wait...when did Atari sell of the Test Drive license? I googled it and there is no mention of the sell off anywhere...just Bigben popping up in November and going "By the way, we're developing the new Test Drive Ferrari game."
They didn't. Atari is still the publisher, SMS is the developer. Eden ended up letting over half its employees go after TDU2.

Ok they have nothing to do with EA now, so no more alibi.

This thing look like a Ferrari mod for Shift 2. I'm sorry to say the oversteering physics engine looks like a TOTAL CRAP. They should use pCARS engine and port it to console. Once again, the Ferrari brand wasted with crappy low quality products. 👎

Shame on you SMS.

Well, if you're unleashed...you have no limits, right. You've broken away from your limits. And Unlimited would be without limits or a cage or something.

They're synonyms.

By God your right and if you Shift fast that must mean you are test driving a ferrari so - Shift=Test Drive Ferrari

It makes sense :dunce::dunce::dunce:

Game will be good on the PC 👍. Shift 2 was ok with mods. Extracted the files of shift 2 a while back and compared the variables. Most of the tire variables matched up with rFactor. Some seemed generic (not sure). All the other variables like trans, suspension geometry, and engine parameters matched up with those of rFactor. Would be wise to get this for PC to avoid any serious problems.

I may get it due to the old F1 cars! But it better have classic Prototypes and modern GT cars. I don't like the developers though. I couldn't find a website either

Last edited:
Back