Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends

• Thread starter drivatar
  • 861 comments
I played it with a DS3, to me it feels like Shift 1 except that the physics are less forgiving so it's quite hard to get a feel for it with a gamepad.

Shift 2 on the other hand is much more gamepad friendly, input lag and overall twitchiness are my only concerns.

Nowadays using Wheel even cheaper once line Driving Force GT fixes almost any racing game. Even based on Need For Speed Engine. So if will have any chance in future try it.

Maybe you purchase racing wheel someday and even then it's worth digging old Test Drive Ferrari Racing Legends. 👍

Does anyone know how to setup t500rs with this game?? My wheel is not recognized, even though it's supported.

Hey guys I got this in the steam sale for less than than £4 and I'm having some fun with it. The handling definitely takes some getting used to especially when using a DS4. The step up in difficulty from golden age to silver age is a bit brutal when from beat the targets on hard by a comfortable margin to having to redo the first challenge because i missed the time. Oh well for £3.74 I'm not complaining.

Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know how to get rid of the boxes that appear round the trees? I mean on Monza at 1 point you can't even see the track its that bad.

Hey guys I got this in the steam sale for less than than £4 and I'm having some fun with it. The handling definitely takes some getting used to especially when using a DS4. The step up in difficulty from golden age to silver age is a bit brutal when from beat the targets on hard by a comfortable margin to having to redo the first challenge because i missed the time. Oh well for £3.74 I'm not complaining.

Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know how to get rid of the boxes that appear round the trees? I mean on Monza at 1 point you can't even see the track its that bad.
Sounds like a texture format issue. Try disabling certain screen effects (shaders), or messing with texture quality. Failing that, make sure your video drivers are up to date (you can do that through Steam).

EDIT: if you have an ATI / AMD graphics adapter, try setting the anti aliasing to MLAA, as per this thread:
steamcommunity.com/app/211970/discussions/0/666827315330543807/

Last edited:
Sounds like a texture format issue. Try disabling certain screen effects (shaders), or messing with texture quality. Failing that, make sure your video drivers are up to date (you can do that through Steam).

EDIT: if you have an ATI / AMD graphics adapter, try setting the anti aliasing to MLAA, as per this thread:
steamcommunity.com/app/211970/discussions/0/666827315330543807/

Thanks that did the trick. I should have mentioned that I did have a little play with the anti aliasing but I set it to FXAA and it didn't work.

Thanks that did the trick. I should have mentioned that I did have a little play with the anti aliasing but I set it to FXAA and it didn't work.
It's hard to know where to start with these things! With experience, you learn how to narrow down the possibilities, and searching the internet for info on the issue is much easier if you have an inkling of what's causing it. Have fun! :)

May I ask people who used a wheel with this game if it makes it any better? I own it on ps3 and finished it with the ds3 a long time ago, but the input lag was so massive it really sapped the enjoyment out of it for me. I only finished it because I am a huge ferrari fan and wanted to unlock all the cars, so I fought against the game till I finished it.

I have a dfgt, it's currently broken, but easily fixed once I order a new part, and I was wondering if the input lag affects the wheel as much as the controller? If anyone has wheel settings that even come close to eliminating the lag I would be very grateful, as it just makes the game awful having to steer half a second before you think you'll need to, and don't even get me started on counter steering lol.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help, if not, all good :)

For some reason I din't even know about this game. It is 25$ on PSN store which is too high lol. I hope to get this though sooner or later.

If you have a pc that can play the game you can get it cheap on Steam. I got it in the holiday sales and paid less than £4 for it.

I also got it from Steam and only got around to playing it the other day. I like it, using a DS3 and for now if there is any input latency it can be put down to it being an old car (I am just about up to the 250 Cali events) but there is this sneaking feeling when I try an overtake that I am going to have some issues later on, with more modern, responsive cars. I seem to need a lot of space :)

Love the atmosphere though, just waiting for that cliff when it suddenly gets very hard.

I also got it from Steam and only got around to playing it the other day. I like it, using a DS3 and for now if there is any input latency it can be put down to it being an old car (I am just about up to the 250 Cali events) but there is this sneaking feeling when I try an overtake that I am going to have some issues later on, with more modern, responsive cars. I seem to need a lot of space :)

Love the atmosphere though, just waiting for that cliff when it suddenly gets very hard.

I found that cliff once i got to the silver era... i couldnt even get the first time trial lol so i kinda quit on it and then i got rid of it but when they had the sale on racing games on psn i bought it back to try again and i havent gotten back to it yet. It is a great game but yeah the input latency is a killer tho

If anyone has wheel settings that even come close to eliminating the lag I would be very grateful,
Havent tried these settings as i havent used a wheel with this game but this is from this thread.

EbIFc.jpg

Ok firstly, sorry for digging up an old thread, but I had left this game gathering dust on the shelf until I remembered I hadn't tried it with the wheel, so I found the thread where I'd asked for wheel settings for when I fixed my dfgt.

I have to say, with those settings, using the wheel makes this game so much more enjoyable. Especially with the wheel on 900deg, it dampens the input lag so that, unlike with a controller, you can drive smoothly. I think I may need to go back through the career again, because now I'm actually enjoying the game, unlike before, when the massive input lag prevented me from really focusing on the great car and track list this game has.

Anyway, I'm really glad I realised I still hadn't tried my wheel on this, so thanks for the settings :)

Playing this atm and having quite a bit of trouble completing the 10lap race in modern era with the le mans car. I try my best to brake softly and save the tires as much as I can but around lap 8 they are busted and the car becomes impossible to drive. This is really BS specially when all the other events are locked and you must complete this to progress.

Shame they didn't tweak the physics a bit more too, I think this game is a very unpolished little gem, collision physics are quite realistic, more than in any other games I played on ps3 but the actual handling is way too "slidey" with some of the cars, almost feels like rally, but nothing they couldn't have fixed with a patch. Still very much a worthy game for Ferrari and classic car fans, progression is a huge bitch though.

I used to play this game and basically liked it. The great engine sounds is what I remember the most..

Definitely far from bad, each car feels different and it's got better handling than shift games imo anyway. Also great selection of cars and tracks, sense of speed, sounds, graphics are pretty decent too and the cars look great inside and outside.

I haven't yet passed the golden age mission where you dodge hay bales at Monza while driving a bar of soap, not sure if I ever will.

I haven't yet passed the golden age mission where you dodge hay bales at Monza while driving a bar of soap, not sure if I ever will.

Some cars drift too much but I beat that one in maybe 10 tries I think. That car isn't even one of the worst, I find it actually one of the better ones lol I'm currently stuck in a 4lap race at Spa with the le mans type car, most frustrating experience I had in a long time, it really highlights the issues with the steering in this game.

Back