Test track vs Indy question

United States
NOR*CAL
DonkeyPunch_707
Never noticed traction difference until I tuned my GTO 5.7 today. Got her setup for 1st gear launch and hit 9.900 once but never again. Consistent times were 9.95X. Didn't see any tuning hints so I ended up with my final at 2.500 and 1st at 3.9XX. No wheelspin out the hole what so ever, shifting at 6.5k.

Got to Indy and 1st gear launches just spun. Even a quick shift 1at to 2nd just spun. So... Why the huge difference in traction???

The surface at Indy is concrete.. Smooth.. Whereas SSRX is bitchumen.. Coarse and 'grippy'.. You'll notice what if you run 3 wide at Indy, the guy who starts on the actual track with have a better launch then the two on the drag strip..

Simple Matt
The surface at Indy is concrete.. Smooth.. Whereas SSRX is bitchumen.. Coarse and 'grippy'.. You'll notice what if you run 3 wide at Indy, the guy who starts on the actual track with have a better launch then the two on the drag strip..

Thanks! That's changes things!

The weird part of this is that I feel is the opposite with ff, specially with Hondas or at least with mine, they feel much quicker at Indy and so far only lost a couple times against RM models .

c-losk
The weird part of this is that I feel is the opposite with ff, specially with Hondas or at least with mine, they feel much quicker at Indy and so far only lost a couple times against RM models .

There is a distinct difference for ff..
My yellow teg dc2 does 11.700 at SSRX with 30kg ballast and runs gears 1-5, but at Indy is unbeaten by any aus/nz dc2

My white one that does 11.65 is exactly the same (has far more ballast, and uses all 6) at Indy..

Some cars I bounce off the limiter if I don't start on the strip so that's not entirely true.

There is a distinct difference for ff..
My yellow teg dc2 does 11.700 at SSRX with 30kg ballast and runs gears 1-5, but at Indy is unbeaten by any aus/nz dc2

My white one that does 11.65 is exactly the same (has far more ballast, and uses all 6) at Indy..

Wierd isn't, that's why I don't pay much attention to what my ff"s run at the Test track. I also notice the same with my Spec V GTR was using it last night with a very old tune that I haven't touch since the first time and it always run strong, idk.

Slashfan
Some cars I bounce off the limiter if I don't start on the strip so that's not entirely true.

So you mean you don't always bounce off the limiter at Indy? I know bouncing off the limiter is 50/50 because youll either get a good launch or a bad depending on when you release.

So you mean you don't always bounce off the limiter at Indy? I know bouncing off the limiter is 50/50 because youll either get a good launch or a bad depending on when you release.

It also depends on how close you are to the yellow marks, and how warm your tires are. Cold tires + close to yellow = heavy bounce on the limiter. If you sit at the line for over a minute because the guy can't ghost right, your tires might have cooled down too much.

I only bounce when I'm on the darker pavement.

Slashfan
I only bounce when I'm on the darker pavement.

My gas pedal is set to default "X". It's harder to hold an RPM at launch. I hate setting my gas pedal to R2. Feels to much like XBOX. But... I can modulate the throttle a lot better than I can with "X".

Latest Posts

Back