The amazing and cool video thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 3,551 comments
The title made me think that this was out of necessity rather than a stunt. I was expecting spares to come out. Still quite impressive.

Agricultural machinery is fascinating.

Imagine: the machine above would have single-handedly wiped out slavery on cotton plantations in the deep south.

Another step closer to DE:HR augs.

A couple of years ago I had a professor with screwed up legs that walked with crutches. I imagined a lot of what this gentleman presented. I'm surprised that they're actually doing those things. Makes me glad to know it's possible.

Agricultural machinery is fascinating.

Imagine: the machine above would have single-handedly wiped out slavery on cotton plantations in the deep south.

Seems like those big tires would be a problem somehow.

Seems like those big tires would be a problem somehow.
That's why they're behind the harvester. They just run over the picked plants. Cotton must mature before being picked, meaning that it is done for the year. Next spring the plants are just cut and plowed into the soil to compost.

In certain tropical climates cotton can be perennial, in which case they line the tires up between the rows. The picker itself does very little damage, if any, to the cotton plants.

How do they bend notes like that? I thought you were pretty much limited to one note out of a beer bottle.

Less or more water in bottle changes the notes but I'm not sure if this correct in this case.

Bigger and smaller bottles seem to change the notes as well, I think.

Back