The amazing and cool video thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 3,551 comments
For a long time, this was the fastest recorded strike of an association football. I am amazed at how much power he gets behind this, with the ball not at an ideal height for a half-volley and giving him very little time to adjust his body position.

Jump to 0:30

David Hirst, 114mph shot SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY vs Arsenal (1996)

Apparently footage of the Mae Klong market in Thailand has been on the internet since before time, but I've never seen it before... incredible...

Not mind-blowing discovery or your typical omg that's so cool stuff:

The majority of the staff are deaf. Customers communicate with ASL even if they can hear perfectly fine. The menu is loaded with illustrations. I think this is a brilliant idea because deaf people aren't put at the disadvantage in any way or faced with a language barrier if placed in other workplaces. Instead of being challenged to keep up with the people of hearing, it's now vice-versa.

It's also really good because those who are deaf can find a job placement here much more easily.

I just made a post in the photo thread about Princess Juliana Airport in Sint Maarten, which I am sure most people know about by now but then I found this video of a landing at Skiathos, a small Greek island.

The thumbnail does not lie.

Back