The Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo. Oh god...

• Thread starter C-ZETA
  • 315 comments
Proper braking technique will help much more than the brake balance. In the video i drive with no ABS and the balance is 5/5. Look up "degressive braking".

Also, the ABS only limits what you can do on entry, i always prefer to drive without it.

I absolutely LOVE this car! I've posted extremely fast lap times in this thing. I took it around Tsukuba (Hot Version style!:sly:), and I clocked a very low 57 second time with my "extra special tune". I can't remember the exact time, but I think it was 57.1-3; somewhere around there. You just need to learn the car, just like any, really. Hope you give it a second chance, OP!:)👍

paul loatman
Proper braking technique will help much more than the brake balance. In the video i drive with no ABS and the balance is 5/5. Look up "degressive braking".

Also, the ABS only limits what you can do on entry, i always prefer to drive without it.

Agreed. The problem with ABS in GT5, it is unrealistic plain and simple. So much hidden stability factors involved with it on.

paul loatman

Yes. I also don't feel anything about the ABS so that's why I only set it to 1 and reason for that is everytime I brake w/o it, the tranny looks like it will disengage and then sounds that it wouldn't bite IMO.

w/o ABS on proper LSD, brake bias, and transmission driving is pretty easy, most of my "tuned" cars bias is one of these 3/2 - 3/3 - 4/3 - 4/4 and some worst case tunes had to use lower brake bias.

Driving NoABS is really much more fun than driving with ABS, you can feel car much more better.

GTV0819: downshifting w/o ABS is most critical part of driving, every shift must hit on correct rev area or it will lock tires or slip your clutch.

Blimey where did this ridiculous revival come from.

This was my first review where I was expressing entirely my opinion and trying to show it to everyone else for both humor and a letting go of my rage.

Come to think of it, before my PS3 died 8 months ago now, I was going to write a new and revised review for the S2k Turbo in a less exaggerated and more sensible way (in my actual reviews thread though). Like, with deep metaphorical comparisons and stuff...

It's not an awful car in many ways to actually drive, but I hated it then and even now still could never even try to love it.

But what the hey. The thread just came again out of nowhere and I'm not sure why.

I actually like to drive this car, fun, seems good for drifting. Agreed on the AI overpowered car though, how is it that this thing can keep up with my fully tuned Zonda R. I've tested with a friend of mine a fully tuned S2000 Turbo against my Zonda and it eats the S2000 for breakfast anyday. By that logic a stock S2000 Turbo should be left biting the dust. Yet everytime there it is stalking me. I mean really? Damn thing seems like a magnet attracted to whatever car I'm driving.

I kind of like this car. I recently used it for the Tsukuba 9-hour endurance. I had all of the assists off with sports tires and it wasn't a handful or grate on my nerves. Ran consistent 0.59's throughout and pitted around every 80 laps or thereabouts. 'Course, driving Tsukuba doesn't allow you to really see what it's capable of doing.

I actually like to drive this car, fun, seems good for drifting. Agreed on the AI overpowered car though, how is it that this thing can keep up with my fully tuned Zonda R. I've tested with a friend of mine a fully tuned S2000 Turbo against my Zonda and it eats the S2000 for breakfast anyday. By that logic a stock S2000 Turbo should be left biting the dust. Yet everytime there it is stalking me. I mean really? Damn thing seems like a magnet attracted to whatever car I'm driving.

Hmmm, sounds like a certain AE86 that roams Akina. Takumi why you leave the Mountain?

WARNING! The following post contains excessive ranting and may almost certainly definitely surely must has to cause some upsetting with some people.

OK...I've had it. I have had it with this car. I can now finally come to the conclusion that perhaps the worst car in GT5 is this...

Superspeedway-Daytona-3-1.jpg

The Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo.

Now you may be thinking "What?! How is this super mega really fast thing the worst car in GT5 OMG OMG OMG". But actually, I have many, many reasons why I consider this to be the worst (or at least my least favourite) car in the game.

Firstly. Its looks. Seriously, I know PD designed the actual bodykit, but seriously...what is this?!

Superspeedway-Daytona_1-1-1.jpg

The front end looks like it's been on steroids (which is essentially what this car is - on steroids) and the rear end looks like parts added on to make it look like a square. And that wing...seriously, what the 🤬?! That wing is probably the size of Japan itself!

The interior doesn't help either. All it is is a jacked up S2000's interior...painted in a really annoying red. And when you try to look back in that view...you see the giant wing on the back blocking your way! Ridiculous!

Secondly, I'd like to bring you onto the most annoying part of this car. The way the AI performs with it. You heard that correctly, the way the AI performs with it.

There are 3 very good examples I rest my case on. Firstly, in Arcade Mode. You're looking for a good race by getting out a Super GT - any Super GT - and taking it to Daytona Superspeedway for a fast race. Unfortunately, the S2000 GT1 Turbo pops up and, since its top speed is higher, runs away from you laughing.

The second example is general Arcade Mode races. Say you wanna drive a Mine's Skyline around any track - any track, so you can have a good race with other equally matched tuners. But then the S2000 GT1 Turbo pops up - twice - and, since it destroys you in every aspect, it runs away from you laughing. Well, unless you're the Zonda R, but that's really out of place. :lol:

The last example is in the GT Mode events it appears in. That's the Tuning Car Championship, the Nurburging 4h and the Tsukuba 9h. If you're looking for a fair matchup in these events, and the S2000 GT1 Turbo pops up in any of them, expect it to stalk you around the track until you make a mistake and it runs away from you laughing.

...Yeah, the AI treats the S2000 GT1 Turbo like it's a god.

Thirdly, its stats and technology. This thing has 627hp, weighs 1120kg, has downforce, 7-speed gearbox (not adjustable from the start thankfully), and a fully customizable LSD and suspension to start. Essentially, this thing can win anything it enters in. How noobish.

Fourthly, its sound. What were Amuse thinking when they made the exhaust to the engine and what were PD thinking when they programmed in its sound? It sounds like a frog being tortured. And this thing probably could torture some frogs as well.

And lastly, but certainly not leastly, I have a tale to tell you. Which includes all different kinds of problems with this car.

I decided to somehow pluck up the courage to buy this car. It costs 250,000 Cr. Cheap, you say! Nooby, I say. Then you get to the colour selection. Who could possibly want this thing in Lime Green Metallic?! I bought mine in that colour anyway, as an insult to this car. With a gun to my head and my breath being held, I bought the car. I decided to get into it and test its engine sound. And when I did get into it, the engine sound was...

...laughable. Seriously, for a car with 600bhp+, I wouldn't expect such a weak engine sound. What it should sound like is the end of the world. Or a frog being tortured. Either way...

I checked the settings to find a rather unusual...lack of max downforce. It would only get to 20/45, which considering its looks is far too low. I didn't set it to the max downforce so I could test it in its completely stock form.

I decided to customize the car at GT Auto, and I painted it in a terrible Gold Metallic to represent its slag-like looks. I also bought new wheels to make it look...golder. Yep.

And so, I took it for a test on the Nurburgring GP/F circuit. At first, I tested it with the default settings that you would start the game with - TCS 5, ASM and SRF On, ABS 1 and Steering Sensitivity 0. I had heard people say that the handling on this car was very good. However, I was testing it stock (Sports Softs), so I didn't know what to expect. And what I did get was...

...understeer. Not a whole lot, but understeer none the less. However, on some turns, when the understeer was occuring, it would suddenly start steering dramaticaly and then just stopping. It was essentially, not good handling.

After that, I went and tried it with my preferred settings, TCS 1, ABS 1, everything else off and Steering Sensitivity to 7. And then it got worse.

Instead of understeer, I got drifting, which was absolutely uncontrollable and ended with me in a wall. When I wasn't drifting...I was still understeering. Then when I came out of the corner I got wheelspin and it drifted out of the corner. Essentially, what this made it was a ricer with ridiculous looks, ridiculous modifications, ridiculous handling and ridiculous, unnecessary amounts of power.

So, essentially I had confirmed what I had already thought of - the S2000 GT1 Turbo is the worst car in the game.
Even if I have nothing against the S2K GT1 Turbo, I actually agree with you about the AI part. Way back in early 2012. I unlocked the fourth series in A-Spec. I used my Ferrari 458 Italia (the best car I had back then) and I started the Tuned Car Series Championship. I don't know if it is my driving or the S2K that joined the championship, but I struggled pretty bad. I can't believe I used a Stealth Mazda 787B to beat that car.

It's the S2K more, probably. It has an unfair advantage on the rest.

Oh yes, I will be reviewing this again under GT6's new physics engine. But this time I'll do it more fairly and not crash it at the end. Imprezas are for crashing on GT6 (along with the occasional Skyline GTS).

I actually planned to do a revised review of it myself on GT5 a while back but then I couldn't be bothered. But I did come to an interesting conclusion on it.

It's the S2K more, probably. It has an unfair advantage on the rest.

Oh yes, I will be reviewing this again under GT6's new physics engine. But this time I'll do it more fairly and not crash it at the end. Imprezas are for crashing on GT6 (along with the occasional Skyline GTS).

I actually planned to do a revised review of it myself on GT5 a while back but then I couldn't be bothered. But I did come to an interesting conclusion on it.
I hope they did something on the S2K-AI thing you mentioned in the OP, in GT6...

WARNING! The following post contains excessive ranting and may almost certainly definitely surely must has to cause some upsetting with some people.

OK...I've had it. I have had it with this car. I can now finally come to the conclusion that perhaps the worst car in GT5 is this...

Superspeedway-Daytona-3-1.jpg

The Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo.

Now you may be thinking "What?! How is this super mega really fast thing the worst car in GT5 OMG OMG OMG". But actually, I have many, many reasons why I consider this to be the worst (or at least my least favourite) car in the game.

Firstly. Its looks. Seriously, I know PD designed the actual bodykit, but seriously...what is this?!

Superspeedway-Daytona_1-1-1.jpg

The front end looks like it's been on steroids (which is essentially what this car is - on steroids) and the rear end looks like parts added on to make it look like a square. And that wing...seriously, what the 🤬?! That wing is probably the size of Japan itself!

The interior doesn't help either. All it is is a jacked up S2000's interior...painted in a really annoying red. And when you try to look back in that view...you see the giant wing on the back blocking your way! Ridiculous!

Secondly, I'd like to bring you onto the most annoying part of this car. The way the AI performs with it. You heard that correctly, the way the AI performs with it.

There are 3 very good examples I rest my case on. Firstly, in Arcade Mode. You're looking for a good race by getting out a Super GT - any Super GT - and taking it to Daytona Superspeedway for a fast race. Unfortunately, the S2000 GT1 Turbo pops up and, since its top speed is higher, runs away from you laughing.

The second example is general Arcade Mode races. Say you wanna drive a Mine's Skyline around any track - any track, so you can have a good race with other equally matched tuners. But then the S2000 GT1 Turbo pops up - twice - and, since it destroys you in every aspect, it runs away from you laughing. Well, unless you're the Zonda R, but that's really out of place. :lol:

The last example is in the GT Mode events it appears in. That's the Tuning Car Championship, the Nurburging 4h and the Tsukuba 9h. If you're looking for a fair matchup in these events, and the S2000 GT1 Turbo pops up in any of them, expect it to stalk you around the track until you make a mistake and it runs away from you laughing.

...Yeah, the AI treats the S2000 GT1 Turbo like it's a god.

Thirdly, its stats and technology. This thing has 627hp, weighs 1120kg, has downforce, 7-speed gearbox (not adjustable from the start thankfully), and a fully customizable LSD and suspension to start. Essentially, this thing can win anything it enters in. How noobish.

Fourthly, its sound. What were Amuse thinking when they made the exhaust to the engine and what were PD thinking when they programmed in its sound? It sounds like a frog being tortured. And this thing probably could torture some frogs as well.

And lastly, but certainly not leastly, I have a tale to tell you. Which includes all different kinds of problems with this car.

I decided to somehow pluck up the courage to buy this car. It costs 250,000 Cr. Cheap, you say! Nooby, I say. Then you get to the colour selection. Who could possibly want this thing in Lime Green Metallic?! I bought mine in that colour anyway, as an insult to this car. With a gun to my head and my breath being held, I bought the car. I decided to get into it and test its engine sound. And when I did get into it, the engine sound was...

Sorry C but this is one of the greatest cars in the game. You are entitled to your opinion but I disagree and strongly. This car is a giant killer period. Amuse got that powerhouse down pat.
...laughable. Seriously, for a car with 600bhp+, I wouldn't expect such a weak engine sound. What it should sound like is the end of the world. Or a frog being tortured. Either way...

I checked the settings to find a rather unusual...lack of max downforce. It would only get to 20/45, which considering its looks is far too low. I didn't set it to the max downforce so I could test it in its completely stock form.

I decided to customize the car at GT Auto, and I painted it in a terrible Gold Metallic to represent its slag-like looks. I also bought new wheels to make it look...golder. Yep.

And so, I took it for a test on the Nurburgring GP/F circuit. At first, I tested it with the default settings that you would start the game with - TCS 5, ASM and SRF On, ABS 1 and Steering Sensitivity 0. I had heard people say that the handling on this car was very good. However, I was testing it stock (Sports Softs), so I didn't know what to expect. And what I did get was...

...understeer. Not a whole lot, but understeer none the less. However, on some turns, when the understeer was occuring, it would suddenly start steering dramaticaly and then just stopping. It was essentially, not good handling.

After that, I went and tried it with my preferred settings, TCS 1, ABS 1, everything else off and Steering Sensitivity to 7. And then it got worse.

Instead of understeer, I got drifting, which was absolutely uncontrollable and ended with me in a wall. When I wasn't drifting...I was still understeering. Then when I came out of the corner I got wheelspin and it drifted out of the corner. Essentially, what this made it was a ricer with ridiculous looks, ridiculous modifications, ridiculous handling and ridiculous, unnecessary amounts of power.

So, essentially I had confirmed what I had already thought of - the S2000 GT1 Turbo is the worst car in the game.

However, there was still one thing left to do...

Superspeedway-Daytona_2-1-1.jpg

...this. :)

Superspeedway-Daytona_3-1-1.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_4-1-1.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_5-1.jpg

Hope you enjoy playing your GT5 game, and hope you don't enjoy using this horrid-looking frog-sounding bad-handling over-powered AI-worshipped 🤬 of a car. Unless you're the GT5 AI. In which case I hope you enjoy winning all the time against our wishes.

Peace.

C-ZETA

PS. Sorry to any mods if this broke any rules. Feel free to edit post, close thread or ban me where necessary. ;)

Due to my phone being snafued I lost all that I typed and not writting it again. So basically I disagree strongly. By far one of the best cars in the game period a true giant killer. Amuse got that powerhouse down pat. Out of 1200 cars and this is the worst is outlandish.

Last edited:
...It's been a while.

I haven't tried the S2k Turbo in GT6. I don't want to.

It's not as if it's a terrible car, but the morals behind it are just awful. Which is why it doesn't allure to me in any way.

Latest Posts

Back