The Bugs & Glitches Thread (New OP)

• Thread starter KiroKai
  • 1,986 comments
It's staggering that 1.12 got through SCEE/SCEA submissions; for the last week I've been able to complete perhaps one race, the rest of the time I've spent trying to recover missing audio or simply trying to join lobby's without it failing or disconnecting.

Tonight for example I had an hour before needing to go to work so thought I'd hop online for a couple of races; after 30 minutes of trying to find a lobby I was eventually able to join one, but alas no audio.
I was so desperate to race that I stuck with it and transitioned to Qualifying, only to get disconnected from the lobby 10 seconds into qualifying (still with no audio!).

An hour later I've not been able to join any other lobby and I have to go to work without having done a single lap - what a horrible customer experience.

We had to postpone a league race last week due to these issues, and it doesn't look like things are going to be a lot better this week, either.

Not impressed.

Apart from all of the same problems as everyone else...

I was in a 400PP room the other night. After a few of us got the sounds working by leaving the room and coming back in until they were fixed, we finally started the next race. During it we all simultaneously experienced a glitch that no one in the room (about 12 others) had seen before; we were all suddenly ejected out of the middle of the race.

No one was disconnected, no settings were changed because the host was racing too, and no one was kicked. It was as if we all paused the game mid race and selected quit at the same time, everyone had to re-enter the track again.

GT Time Trial at Sierra - the Fiat one and the Ferrari one.

Game freezes on the intro screen where the white flapping flag is just getting ready to pass across the screen. Turning the game off and back on is the only fix.

Pete

1.12 definitely brought lots of issues, it's worth its own section in the OP. Summing up the reports here, in other threads, and my own experience, there's no way around the increased disconnections and freezes when playing on Zahara, and the sound glitch seems to occur randomly. To all those suggesting solutions, yes, rejoining usually works to fix the disappeared sound, but staying in the same room, even without leaving the track, usually works too. Just be patient for a few minutes and the sound will come back by itself. As someone posted in this thread, and I experienced myself, it might be related to lobby members leaving and new players joining the room. I've had such timing where sound goes off (and comes back) just as someone leaves or joins.

I cannot quote and answer every report of the freezing issues, game stability on 1.12 seems to be weak overall. I recommend to flood the official PlayStation Gran Turismo forums with your reports as the staff there is supposed to help you with such issues and forward it to PD (this also applies if your game has a problem installing the latest patch).

there are another bugs, an example are the kerbs, the grass pass the texture of kerbs and make a flickering in the cockpit view) you can try this on the first kerb after pit

I can confirm this. In standard cars, I've had curbs flicker heavily through the black silhouette cockpit. In Premium cars I didn't notice this yet, but I got a lot of shadow flickering instead...

Noticed something odd when overtaking this Legacy during the new SSR5 seasonal.

2i8c2kz.jpg

Looks the legacy took a shot to the tail and knocked it a light, they paid attention random small details like that. Smack a wall right and you knock out a Headlamp or tail light.

False. The Legacy has had its taillights light up like this in GT5 too, possibly since GT4, it's most likely intended. Certain Mercedes-Benz SL (R230) versions do this as well, it replicates the real light behaviour. Whether the real Legacy does this too, I don't know for sure. But it's neither damage nor a bug.

There is a bug where cockpit view on some cars goes missing at 'Zahara' when playing online or after playing in a lobby at 'Zahara'.

[List of ones known so far]

This is not bound to car models. I've had it happen in cars which showed their cockpit before and afterwards, on Zahara, even in the same lobby. I can confirm the bug itself though, as soon as you spawn in the pits the cockpit camera position floats with no visible cockpit around you and you cannot fix it until you change cars.

VBR
@KiroKai - Found a bug after 1.12 update regarding ABS 0 & braking.

I was in my KTM X-Bow Street on The Nurb 24 Hour in Free Run offline (as per usual), & I noticed that the wheels were locking up far too easily with hardly any travel on the brake pedal. So I went into Setting & Reset To Default the Brake Balance, then I set it to what it was before. When I went back to the track it was back to normal. This happens every single time I go to track, but goes away after I to the reset.

This sounds like a rather subjectively experienced behaviour, although it may of course be perfectly valid. Did anyone else who usually plays without ABS notice similar behaviour?

It actually corrupted my data at one point, but luckily I used the backup on the PS3 and didn't lose anything.

Since you experience frequent freezes I recommend you to backup your save onto an USB regularly, if you don't do so already. The automatic backup is unreliable in my experience, it failed to load twice for me. Luckily I could recover both times using a copy from my USB.

Tires don't squel car dosent make sounds won't let me join half of the rooms 1.12
I haven't played in a few days, but this glitch is very annoying. Sound is so important for me because I can't look away from the turn to see if I'm at my rev limiter or my RPM's are too low. I also need it to be able to tell if I'm about to lose grip.

It might be obvious but it should still be mentioned that the disappearing sound glitch is not the only audio glitch that plagues Zahara online. I've experienced a lot of times where engine sounds and other noises (like wind) stay normal, but tyre sound mutes itself. This can be dangerous if it happens during a race, because you might all of a sudden lose a lot of grip without immediately noticing.

It's staggering that 1.12 got through SCEE/SCEA submissions; for the last week I've been able to complete perhaps one race, the rest of the time I've spent trying to recover missing audio or simply trying to join lobby's without it failing or disconnecting.

This. Well written post. Zahara was delayed for months, and now that we have it, it is still unplayable.

Last edited:
Question: Does any of you guys have/had any problems with joining tracks online with a specific car? There's another league outside of here that I race on Monday nights and we're about to start a new season, so we're doing the common pre-season testing and all that. We're racing the Light Car Company Rocket '07 this next season and one of our fastest guys can't join ANY track in ANY lobby with the Rocket. He can join any track on any lobby with every other car he has on his garage, except for the Rocket. He bought a new Rocket, still had the same issue. Bought a 3rd Rocket, again the same issue. Does anyone know any fix for this or what could be causing it?

*I'm asking for him because he doesn't have a GTP account. It's easier for me to just come here and ask for him.
**I'm not sure this was worth of a whole new thread, and I'm considering this is a bug on GT6, so I decided to post here. Not sure if this is the right place to ask this though..

Question: Does any of you guys have/had any problems with joining tracks online with a specific car? There's another league outside of here that I race on Monday nights and we're about to start a new season, so we're doing the common pre-season testing and all that. We're racing the Light Car Company Rocket '07 this next season and one of our fastest guys can't join ANY track in ANY lobby with the Rocket. He can join any track on any lobby with every other car he has on his garage, except for the Rocket. He bought a new Rocket, still had the same issue. Bought a 3rd Rocket, again the same issue. Does anyone know any fix for this or what could be causing it?

*I'm asking for him because he doesn't have a GTP account. It's easier for me to just come here and ask for him.
**I'm not sure this was worth of a whole new thread, and I'm considering this is a bug on GT6, so I decided to post here. Not sure if this is the right place to ask this though..

I'd say it fits here, but I haven't read about that glitch yet. My only idea for him would be to try and use the Rocket online on another account, or to use a new save (with his current one backed up on a USB) and try to drive the Rocket online on that one.

Either suggestion takes a lot of time and effort though, and this way he'd only know if it's his game install having a problem, or his specific save file. So he might as well try to reinstall the game right away.

I'd say it fits here, but I haven't read about that glitch yet. My only idea for him would be to try and use the Rocket online on another account, or to use a new save (with his current one backed up on a USB) and try to drive the Rocket online on that one.

Either suggestion takes a lot of time and effort though, and this way he'd only know if it's his game install having a problem, or his specific save file. So he might as well try to reinstall the game right away.

I told him to create a new account which he did and he still had the same issue with the Rocket. He deleted all the GT6 updates and is installing them all again...

I was driving on Sierra yesterday, and my Supra had no sound. It came back later in the lap, however.

Raced for a few hours last night and I had little to no trouble with ongoing bugs/glitches. The online servers are working better at screening your connection and compatibility to the host. I was unable to join lobbies that displayed zero bars and only experienced the sound glitch when there was 1 bar or if the host changed creating a compatibility issue. However, Friday league races had to be cancelled again. Baby steps PD, baby steps. :rolleyes:

the boost gauge on 300zx show wrong boost pressure
Special Stage Route X.jpg

there you can see more than 15 psi but a stock z32 cant handle that amount of psi
(stock z32 running at 9.5psi and still if you add more psi on a stock z32 can't pass the barrier of 14psi for be safe, the stock injectors can't handle more pressure)

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but the Nismo GT-R is not recognized as either a race car nor a normal car (so what is it?), so you cannot use it on any of these specific event. Also when racing it in arcade the game puts you against race cars like some GT500 cars.

look at that floating yellow stripes (min 7:04)

That's not a glitch, that's just the way the track looks.
I don't know if it has been mentioned, but the Nismo GT-R is not recognized as either a race car nor a normal car (so what is it?), so you cannot use it on any of these specific event. Also when racing it in arcade the game puts you against race cars like some GT500 cars.
Most likely a tuner car.

It falls into the 'Tuned/Tuner Car' category, along with these others in this list.... Tuned Cars

I guess it makes sense the Nismo being a tuner car, but i thought it would be a normal car like the BMW M cars or the Mercedes AMG ones. Still, the game puts it against race cars in arcade mode single race and I don't think that's correct. It should race against high performance street cars and/or tuners.

After signing up for a WRS Race at Suzuka Sunday, I decided to choose a suitable new suit as the car exposes the driver.

Not that I'm particularly bothered about the race outfits and hardly ever change them about, but, I went to change my race suit today and found that I only had the basic white suit and helmet, the special suits/helmets (Senna, anniversary etc) but all the rest of the suits/helmets were gone.

Just wondering if anyone else had any issues with losing their own garments? :eek:

Last edited:
Two of the more noticible things I found was experiencing significant frame skipping on Sierra, often for a good second and the lighting on bathurst is downright broken since the latest update
WHAT!? YOU DONT LIKE STROBING SHADOWS!? Doing the seasonal that came out that same week was unplayable. They need to drop the resolution to 720p. Optimize it for that resolution. Drop the frame rate for the rear view mirrors and make the game playable again. :banghead:

That's called texture z-fighting. The models are overlapping for the ground and rumble strip.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z-fighting

Last edited:
The latest bug I've encountered after the patched patch is becoming stuck in the pit lane after opting to refuel.
I don't over-cook my pit entry, and nor do I miss the "window" to select my tyre/fuel options.

Once this happens the kart (was the Racing Kart 125 Shifter) is lifted into the air as though the pit procedure is taking place normally, but the fuel is never replenished.
From this point I'm unable to get going again, nor can I change view or look behind, etc.

This happened twice in a row on the Madrid circuit (as a client) but no other racers were affected (unless they just quit out, there were several bang-outs).

I guess it makes sense the Nismo being a tuner car, but i thought it would be a normal car like the BMW M cars or the Mercedes AMG ones. Still, the game puts it against race cars in arcade mode single race and I don't think that's correct. It should race against high performance street cars and/or tuners.

From my experience the opponent selection for some high end supercars are often race cars, especially when your car is tuned. I agree it's a problem but I'm not sure if it's a bug, it could be intended.
I agree the GT-R Nismo is not a tuner, PD defined tuner cars as heavily modified custom cars (basically their SEMA winners). These vehicles are all listed under their own brand as well. Nowadays Nismo is part of Nissan like AMG is part of Mercedes-Benz, the GT-R is listed as a Nissan, so by their definitions it needs to be a non racing street car.

After signing up for a WRS Race at Suzuka Sunday, I decided to choose a suitable new suit as the car exposes the driver.

Not that I'm particularly bothered about the race outfits and hardly ever change them about, but, I went to change my race suit today and found that I only had the basic white suit and helmet, the special suits/helmets (Senna, anniversary etc) but all the rest of the suits/helmets were gone.

Just wondering if anyone else had any issues with losing their own garments? :eek:

I don't think that's been reported before, it sounds like an error in your save (caused by the game after you changed clothes). Are you able to rebuy the gear you had previously? If you can, try to buy just one piece, like a helmet, and see if that restores your other purchases as it should 'refresh' your owned gear.

The latest bug I've encountered after the patched patch is becoming stuck in the pit lane after opting to refuel.
I don't over-cook my pit entry, and nor do I miss the "window" to select my tyre/fuel options.

Once this happens the kart (was the Racing Kart 125 Shifter) is lifted into the air as though the pit procedure is taking place normally, but the fuel is never replenished.
From this point I'm unable to get going again, nor can I change view or look behind, etc.

This happened twice in a row on the Madrid circuit (as a client) but no other racers were affected (unless they just quit out, there were several bang-outs).
The pit stall freeze happened to me twice online.... :(

I could not do my league race today after refreshing the "friends rooms" about 12 times I finally found the room my series was in only to freeze as I entered my pitstall during Q to change tires. Then during the race the same thing happened. It appeared that my car (Lotus 97T) would only enter the pits part way and just stop. I could pause and text but not drive out. very fustrating, makes me loose faith with all these problems that GT6 will ever be playable like GT5 was where we had long time series and lasting players that stuck with it for years.

Think the Subaru legacy has odd rear lights at night, try driving the infinity g20, no lights on rear except the wing brake light. Someone got lazy at pd i think.

the custom rpm gauge on the subaru impreza '05 isn't working right, the shift light stay on in normal rpms and when you reach the shift point the light turns off

I'm seeing a lot of console lockup occurring if the console is left in certain states. Such as pausing a replay and leaving the console for some hours, I typically find it has locked up and no longer responds to the PS button. I have a triple screen and the left and right PS3s go out in sympathy. Typically two or three of them want to report the situation to Sony when I force a restart.

The lockups seem to be associated with static menu modes.

If they are left in continuous demo mode, the problem doesn't occur.

The current A-Spec Expert event on Ascari with a Ferrari has introduced a new bug for me.

At the end of every event, after the confirmation of the prize money, the game goes into a state where the line of horizontal dots animates continuously and doesn't progress beyond that point. Unlike other lockups, the console is responsive to the PS button, and it is possible to request "Quit Game". Unfortunately, that sends the console into a state where it IS totally unresponsive and requires a forced poweroff. Restarting from this state has so far not resulted in the "report to Sony" option.

Anyone got any suggestions? I have cleared the cache, to no effect.

dunno if it was already said
but there is damage report differences in recorded replay

after a contentious between two players during a race on monza at the first chicane
we all but the affected player recorded and saw that he firstly had a damage on the right suspension
but he didn't had one, he shown his own replay and there wasn't
then comes the incident between the two players
he was clearly hit at the front left and had a damage
but we all continued to see he only had a damage on the front right

now to judge that incident we cannot rely on our own recorded replay,
we have to ask to see both of the players replay ..

Goodwood Hill Climb in Arcade Time Trial Mode, Split times & the Data Logger.

It's not possible to Fast Forward/Rewind to the the first split time at Goodwood in a replay, this split is the one that's normally a few seconds after launch. This matters because it's not possible to record the split data accurately using the Replay/Pause/FF technique, just the single decimal place time from the timing screen. edit: This happens only when using the replay theatre, if the timed run is viewed straightaway it works.

I also noticed that in the data logger that it does't show the standing start data, i.e. despite the fact it's a standing start, the logger was showing I was already doing 24mph at the start of the trace, this may not be a bug, more of a "roll out" before you cross the start line... however I'm pretty sure the clock's ticking as soon as you are released, so the two should start together.

Last edited:
Back