The Bugs & Glitches Thread (New OP)

• Thread starter KiroKai
  • 1,986 comments
Thats funny, I just checked now, both in free run and race mode, the headlights work for me.

Not really headlights, just highbeams not projecting light on the track. Gonna delete & reinstall gamedata to see if it will fix the problem.

Highbeam
20141222_205602[1].jpg

Lowbeam
20141222_205618[1].jpg

Highbeam
20141222_205637[1].jpg

Lowbeam
20141222_205646[1].jpg

High beams project light upwards while low beams project downwards. Because Willow Springs is a desert with no walls or landscape, the high beams have nothing to project into so it seems like they're not working.

You would at least have part of the road, albeit a little further up front & a bit of the surrounding areas lit up, where as it's just the rumble strip & the odd obstacle to the side that's visible. It wasn't this dark/void looking back at v1.01. Just going through career mode on my 2nd account & don't recall that much darkness.

I found a bug.

If you're in a lobby, where the traction control is forbidden, you can't enter the track then with the Chapparal 2X.
The chapparal isn't wheel driven, so there's also no traction control setting for it, but the system thinks the setting is on 5 as usual, so you only can join if the TCS is allowed.

I found a bug.

If you're in a lobby, where the traction control is forbidden, you can't enter the track then with the Chapparal 2X.
The chapparal isn't wheel driven, so there's also no traction control setting for it, but the system thinks the setting is on 5 as usual, so you only can join if the TCS is allowed.

The TCS can be seen grayed out set to 5 in the in race RA menu when driving the car.

And TCS5 can more than explain the understeer on this car.

And the Chaparral 2X is a race car even thought the camber (0.5/1.5) and toe (0.00/0.60) would suggest it being a road car.

And setting power limiter to 88.6-94.8% on stock car increased the PP value from 793 to 796

EDIT:

And the drivetrain on the Chaparral 2X is Other (like written in garage drivetrain filters)

Last edited:
Why do I have update my images more than before? Yesterday, I had to update The Spoon FIT, NSX-R '02 and NSX Concept '13. I just bought those! Today, I had to update my 15th Anniv. Focus ST.

I understand PD are upgrading standards to better quality, but I'm still using 1.14. So, it's not like I'm connected to the net for hot fixes. Is there a timer on images? We've not had to do this in GT5.

The TCS can be seen grayed out set to 5 in the in race RA menu when driving the car.

And TCS5 can more than explain the understeer on this car.

Traction control have nothing to do with the understeer issues of the 2X, because the traction control doesn't do anything on this car. It's set to 5 because it's the default value but since no power is being transmitted through the wheels it's never in use. It's like having ABS on a car that doesn't have brakes - it has no effect.

The understeer issues of the 2X is because of two things:

1. The DS3 didn't work properly with this car and didn't turn the wheels as much as the car actually could handle. It's been fixed now, according to an in-game notification.

2. People trying to drive it as if it was a normal car, because they don't understand how the 2X works. The most important difference is that downforce is generated by thrust rather than speed, so when people lift in corners to try and shift weight to the front of the car and increase steering response they only manage to get rid of all downforce. The proper way to drive this car is to brake before the corner and accelerate through it.

There are many existing bugs in this game, but one of the most annoying from my perspective is the following online lobby -related:

Right, basically I'm tired of Polyphony Digital acting like there are no errors in their game.
:
:
Online Lobbies/Races
  • P2P (player to player) connection: Players cannot see each other on track. Sometimes, but not always this can be seen in the lobby menu as players appear to be loading for you when you cannot see them. Leads to more issues for others who see both players as the players not seeing each other can be at the same location. One of the oldest issues still plagueing lobbies, only occurs when the host is not set to fixed and connections are between players directly. Influenced by players' connection speed, quality, and often by distance (happens a lot in international lobbies with players from various countries). If the players rejoin this can be fixed at times, but the issue will most likely stay.

I've met this bug basically every day I've been playing GT6 lately (in international lobbies where players are mainly from Europe).

When you join a lobby, you can see other players on track during the first race as supposed. Then after a couple of races your fellow racers start becoming invisible. If you rejoin the lobby, you can probably see everybody again on track...unless the lobby is compleately broken in which case you have to create a new lobby to fix the problem.

From online player's point of view these aforementioned bugs are really disturbing. These bugs have existed for a long time (and I rate them very serious) so PD should have had time to fix them. So don't they care or are they just incompetent of fixing them? :confused: (BTW: I don't know how the FIA Online Series will be implemented, but these online bugs could be some kind of a "showstopper" to that effort also...)

There are many existing bugs in this game, but one of the most annoying from my perspective is the following online lobby -related:

I've met this bug basically every day I've been playing GT6 lately (in international lobbies where players are mainly from Europe).

When you join a lobby, you can see other players on track during the first race as supposed. Then after a couple of races your fellow racers start becoming invisible. If you rejoin the lobby, you can probably see everybody again on track...unless the lobby is compleately broken in which case you have to create a new lobby to fix the problem.

From online player's point of view these aforementioned bugs are really disturbing. These bugs have existed for a long time (and I rate them very serious) so PD should have had time to fix them. So don't they care or are they just incompetent of fixing them? :confused: (BTW: I don't know how the FIA Online Series will be implemented, but these online bugs could be some kind of a "showstopper" to that effort also...)

I think it is indeed incompetence to fix this issue as it has been happening in GT lobbies for years now. I also feel like it wasn't as bad in GT5 as it is now. Lobby quality and stability are a joke on GT6 and the updates so far didn't improve anything, at best they solved an issue like the sound bug, which itself was brought by an update. The bug where you see someone in the car they previously drove is still not fixed.

A new glitch for "1.15" is, when using multiple screens and driving a LH drive car the right side mirror shows no cars, only a shadow and is glitchy. When driving a RH drive car there is no cars and glitches in the left mirror.

sidemirrorissuegt6_zps17494f07.jpg
Alfa.jpg

I am finding the triple screen problem with side view mirrors not showing the cars behind is not limited to the mirrors opposite the drivers side as posted before. On some cars this problem appears on both side view mirrors. Please fix this PD!

I found a game-breaking bug regarding to what type of SSD your PS3 uses. I bought x2 "PNY XLR8 240GB SSDs" and they both work fine using Ubuntu. I tested them on the PS3 and they work fine with Soulcalibur IV and PSOne games (I recently purchased a PS3 so I don't have many games).

(Driving on Nurburgring x2 for testing purposes vvvvv)
The problem is when I play Gran Turismo 6 (new retail CD copy), before a race starts the game freezes, almost every split time checkpoint, the game freezes, at the end of the race when the menu pops up before the replay, the game freezes. The game freezes for 20-30 seconds each time. I tested the game with and without updates and still the game freezes.

I used a 1TB Samsung 5400RPM HDD and to my surprise the game ran well without any freezes. I was thinking maybe my PS3 does not like SSDs or the particular PNY SSDs I used. I borrowed a 120GB Kingston SSDNow v200 to test with and the game runs perfectly fine without any freezes.

From this I can confirm that the PS3 or the Gran Turismo 6 game do not like reading from my identical PNY SSDs.
My theory is that the game does not like the technology behind the memory controller of the particular SSD.

EDIT: I also tested the game using the internal 12GB of the PS3 without any hard drives and the game runs fine.

Last edited:
started playing gt6 this moring only to find that g27 wheel support has gone out the window. paddles AND shifter isnt working right, left paddle shifts up and right paddle does nothing while the gears in the gates dont read properly...wtf is going on? tested all my other racing games on ps2 and ps3 and the wheel works like it should in my other games, except for gt5 (gt5 is having the same issue).

IMG_5682.JPG
IMG_5683.JPG

This is a new bug for me. After a 30 min race at the N24 in Audi R8 LMS, i loaded the Red Bull Ring with the Abarth filter. The result was, everyone had an Abarth from their point of view, but the correct skins failed to load.
We saw 3 of the guys in 450pp Audi R8... :)

I found a bug in the Super Races.
At Willow running any car, after pitting for tires and fuel, the brake light stays on and the car is not released for rejoining the race until every single car has gone past?!?!?! Very frustrating to go from 2nd or 3rd to 16th, when you have just worn through a set of sport soft to pass the pack.

This does not happen at Apricot BTW so it is not my G-27 glitching.
Cheers, Pete

I found a bug in the Super Races.
At Willow running any car, after pitting for tires and fuel, the brake light stays on and the car is not released for rejoining the race until every single car has gone past?!?!?! Very frustrating to go from 2nd or 3rd to 16th, when you have just worn through a set of sport soft to pass the pack.

This does not happen at Apricot BTW so it is not my G-27 glitching.
Cheers, Pete
I think that's because you entered the pits too fast and you're getting a penalty.

Now my turn:
0aejiX.jpg

Just the standard Red Bull racing event thingy I'm doing.

Oh wait.
wVWzHA.jpg

Cheeky RX-7...

I couldn't find a reference to this problem in a search, but that might be operator error, so forgive me if this has been brought up before....

My game freezes if I try to enter the International A 125 Shifter Kart championship....a couple of versions ago, the game started freezing in Arcade mode when I was using a Shifter Kart, but that went away in one of the recent updates....but it happens if I try to enter the Kart Championship....the game just locks up solid on the "Pit screen" after a few seconds.

Anyone else having this problem, and is it on the publisher's radar?

- Nick

After one of the recent updates, there’s a serious audio problem while driving in cockpit/interior view. The sound is very distorted and muffled – it sounds like really bad wind-buffeting (like driving a car at highway speeds with the windows down).

It’s not a problem with my system because the sounds in all other views are normal.

Latest Posts

Back