The classic car thread (classic car lovers look here!)

What is your favourite type of car?

• Total voters
Kyoto%2520-%2520Gion.jpg

In 2009 Kazunori Yamauchi awarded the Gran Turismo Trophy to Bill Lyon at the Pebble Beach Tour d'Elegance for his 1966 Alfa Romeo TZ2, chassis no. 750.106. A beautiful car with a great racing history, enough for me to do an edit. In researching the subject, I found that the livery chosen by Lyon did not represent a race that the 705.106 had won. If I were to restore a racing car, I would use a "winning" livery. So, what's up? The livery used on racing cars could be different from season to season or even from race to race. This is to reflect the previous year's championship positions, changing sponsorship or even race requirements. After seeing the car in other liveries, my theory is that it was its most "colorful" when painted for the 1966 Targa Florio. Here, the car finished 2nd in class as no. 130. My edit is for the 1st in class finisher for that race and 4th overall, chassis 750.113, driven by Enrico Pinto and Nino Todaro. They drove 10 laps of the 45 mi (72 km) course in 7h:45m:24s on the italian island of Sicily as car no. 126.

Last edited:
After years of snagging photos from GTP, I figure it's time for me to give back a little.
This was from back in my "hybriding" days (something I've vowed never to do in gt6)
This was supposed to be one of those crazy neon paint chips, but every 10-12 times I got in, it showed up like this...
Trial Mountain Circuit_10.jpg
Trial Mountain Circuit_8.jpg
Trial Mountain Circuit_9.jpg
Trial Mountain Circuit_9.jpg
Trial Mountain Circuit_8.jpg

Back