The Crew: Wild Run Edition

I'm still enjoying the beta even though I've completed all of the story missions. I found all of the Kit Car parts in the Mid-West using a map that someone made on the Closed Beta forums. For anyone who has played TDU2 Kit Cars work exactly the same as the car wrecks in it. The Kit Car is pretty cool, although it's a fantasy car (I think all of the Kit Cars are fantasy cars, however you can't unlock the others in the beta even if you find their parts). It's a classic hot rod coupe, and looks quite nice with a flaming livery :D

I also built myself a Ford Focus rally car (Dirt Spec + Racing livery). I took it down Pikes Peak when searching for the Kit Car parts. I also took it for a nice long drive down to Monument Valley (because Motorstorm) and finished off by making a visit to Dallas. I even met someone down there which was cool considering the map is devoid of players outside of the Mid-West cities.

The wheel support is really well done, particularly for the G27. They actually went through the effort to create unique icons for all of its buttons. Most games just label the buttons with generic numbers. The only problem is that the rev lights don't work properly, but hopefully that will be fixed.

But yeah. The plot, the unskippable cutscenes - WHY. WHY can't we just have a racing game that just gives you a car and tells you to get lost?
I'm pretty sure you can skip all of the mission intros. The only ones you can't skip are the ones that are in the middle of missions (I think), but they are usually really short anyways. Also, to be fair but most recently released racing games have no story at all. If you want to play a racing game without a story there are plenty of options :P

I like the Hot Rod, can't wait to drive it. I loved finding the wrecks in TDU2, I'm glad they included this, it should be fun hunting them all down.

The more I hear about this game, the more awesome it sounds.

I'm pretty sure you can skip all of the mission intros. The only ones you can't skip are the ones that are in the middle of missions (I think), but they are usually really short anyways. Also, to be fair but most recently released racing games have no story at all. If you want to play a racing game without a story there are plenty of options :P

Dirt 3, Grid 2, Driver: San Francisco (which I suppose is acceptable even if the story is completely stupid), TDU2 and now The Crew are just recent-ish or unique (TDU2 is pretty old but nothing else did what it did until now) ones I've played, I've no idea about Grid Autosport, NFS: Anything or... Actually I think that's all the recent racing games I can think of. I don't mind story as long as it can be skipped, Grid 2's was just an abomination and I don't even know what was up with the unskippable tutorial 'finish the race before anyone else to win' videos that could be cancelled, but you'd just have to sit through them again if you did that. Aaanyway, I only found out later that only some buttons on the G27 make the 'skip video' prompt appear, so I retract that criticism anyway!

Dirt 3, Grid 2, Driver: San Francisco (which I suppose is acceptable even if the story is completely stupid), TDU2 and now The Crew are just recent-ish or unique (TDU2 is pretty old but nothing else did what it did until now) ones I've played, I've no idea about Grid Autosport, NFS: Anything or... Actually I think that's all the recent racing games I can think of. I don't mind story as long as it can be skipped, Grid 2's was just an abomination and I don't even know what was up with the unskippable tutorial 'finish the race before anyone else to win' videos that could be cancelled, but you'd just have to sit through them again if you did that. Aaanyway, I only found out later that only some buttons on the G27 make the 'skip video' prompt appear, so I retract that criticism anyway!
Yeah I pretty much feel the same as you. I don't mind racing games that have a story, even if the story is bad, as long as the cut scenes aren't intrusive. Not being able to skip cut scenes can be a pain in any game genre. I've been doing a second playthrough of the original Mass Effect recently, which is a good game but it is slightly dated. Often if you die in a fight the game forces you to watch the pre-fight cut scene again when you restart, which gets tedious since the game has a lot of dialogue and cut scenes. Thankfully, they fixed this in ME2 and 3.

if anyone wants to experience the beta before it ends message me :D

edit: key is gone hope the person enjoys it :D

Last edited:
It's just a shame that they haven't made it look like the real one.

The Crew has racing tracks as well? :odd:

Too bad this game requires a constant online connection since you have 🤬 like Comcast with their bandwidth caps.

That's really silly, if you're going to license a track, at least make it realistic. There's hardly any elevation.

It was a bit questionable for the first few corners, but I honestly cringed at the Corkscrew, which is basically just a flat S-Bend.

While it may not be a very accurate version of the track, it still looks like it could be fun to race on. For me that is all that really matters. While laser scanned tracks are nice to have, I can have just as much fun on a badly done version of a track as I can a 100% accurate version, as long as the physics are decent.

Here's what I think about Laguna Seca on The Crew:
Gold_star_-_Don't_think_you_tried.png

Except for the Corkscrew it doesn't seem all THAT bad, it's okay. You cannot compare it with laserscanned version like they have GT or FM

A 69 Camaro! Nice! I guess I didn't check out the car list because I didn't realize that car was in this game. :D I wonder if it will have the Rally Sport conversion mod for offroad. With the RS headlights like my car. That would be beyond sick.

Pretty sure this is the first open world game that has the 69 Camaro. One of the Midnight Club games had it but other than that, this is it.

Oh even better the Skyline is in there!!

It's just a shame that they haven't made it look like the real one.

Here's what I think about Laguna Seca on The Crew:
Gold_star_-_Don't_think_you_tried.png

I dont think the Laguna Seca remake is that bad at all. Especially for an open world sandbox game that is focusing on the ENTIRE US.

Last edited:
Except for the Corkscrew it doesn't seem all THAT bad, it's okay. You cannot compare it with laserscanned version like they have GT or FM

I didn't think it was all that bad either. Considering this is an open world game not a track racer, I'm just glad they included any tracks at all.

If I want to play a correct rendition of Laguana Seca, I can always pop in a dedicated track racer like Forza.

A 69 Camaro! Nice! I guess I didn't check out the car list because I didn't realize that car was in this game. :D I wonder if it will have the Rally Sport conversion mod for offroad. With the RS headlights like my car. That would be beyond sick.

Pretty sure this is the first open world game that has the 69 Camaro. One of the Midnight Club games had it but other than that, this is it.

Oh even better the Skyline is in there!!

Not sure what all the options will be, I found this pic of a Dirt Version of the 69 Camaro.

CREW_0000s_0008_Layer%2011-noscale.jpg

Back