The Crew: Wild Run Edition

I saw a NYC to Vegas road trip on the MotoGamesTV YouTube channel. I was seriously disappointed with the amount of screen-tearing. It looks even worse than GT5 & GT6. From the videos I've watched of car customization, it doesn't seem very in-depth and I heard there isn't a Forza-style livery editor. Just crappy pre-made decals. Ugh.

How is the drifting in this game? I'm nervous to hear the answer.

Aside from the crashes I chalk up to it being a beta build as well as some connection/syncing issues, I really can't find anything bad about this game.

Well, the only thing I can think of is the way the licensed race tracks were handled, but it's not something I mind. I have a general idea where I'm at on the track.

I haven't purposely drifted in this game but getting the car to drift is easy enough.

I saw a NYC to Vegas road trip on the MotoGamesTV YouTube channel. I was seriously disappointed with the amount of screen-tearing. It looks even worse than GT5 & GT6. From the videos I've watched of car customization, it doesn't seem very in-depth and I heard there isn't a Forza-style livery editor. Just crappy pre-made decals. Ugh.

Not exactly drifting, but handling model wise you should watch this. :)

On all the videos I've seen, sun glare and red tint are just too much, just like Driver San Fran, they just can't make a natural looking game. It bothers me a lot since it doesn't even have enough contrast to make such a look work, it comes across as dull, dark and red.

On all the videos I've seen, sun glare and red tint are just too much, just like Driver San Fran, they just can't make a natural looking game. It bothers me a lot since it doesn't even have enough contrast to make such a look work, it comes across as dull, dark and red.

Watching guys about to crest over a hill, the sun practically blocks everything on the screen.

Oh. :lol: I was going to give away my code since I ended up not using it. Stupid me, should've known.

:lol:

I feel bad for those that got the code just yesterday. That 15GB download would take a while. Heck, they probably wouldn't be able to play it in time.

I saw a video of The Crew on youtube. This really makes me want to get a PS4. I wanted to hold out another year, but I may not be able to.

To be honest, I'm not interested in this game for detailed car customization or livery editing. I'm not expecting it to be anything other than an arcade racer, either. The single reason I'm interested is the massive world. I enjoy big game worlds and exploration. I might spend hours not doing anything particularly meaningful; just farting around, cruising.

To be honest, I'm not interested in this game for detailed car customization or livery editing. I'm not expecting it to be anything other than an arcade racer, either. The single reason I'm interested is the massive world. I enjoy big game worlds and exploration. I might spend hours not doing anything particularly meaningful; just farting around, cruising.

I do think it's interesting to see how large the map is and being able to drive almost anywhere. They said mountain ranges weren't restricted, right?

Also, can anyone compare the total amount of land you can drive on in The Crew and Euro Truck Simulator 2? I would be very interested to see which has more space you are able to travel on.

image.jpg

Watching guys about to crest over a hill, the sun practically blocks everything on the screen.

Well have you ever had the sun right in your face as you come over a hill or even turn into it? At certain times of the day it can be pretty blinding, unless you have sunglasses on or something.

Interesting? More like disappointing, this title had the potential to be one of the best racing games ever but if they intend to make it available for old consoles, they will have so sacrifice some things which is bad. :indiff:
A different studio is working on the last-gen version, and it seems like a recent addition, so it's being scaled down for last-gen, hopefully meaning current-gen won't suffer.

Back