The Crew: Wild Run Edition

I have two keys for The Crew:

9GPC-3G8R-Y9AR-VPP3

VUDK-RHYH-TLCX-NEEL

First come, First Serve. Redeem on UPlay. Not Steam.

I can't say i'm having this issue. Though to be fair, i'm using a controller so that might alleviate some issues. Why not try changing the driving handling mode from something like Simulation/Hardcore to something with more assists? Would that help?

Is it a deadzone issue? Linearity maybe? I'm re-downloading the beta now so if it's still open when the download is done I'll see if I can have a poke around. What controller are you using?

Xbox 360

I've messed with the deadzone, linearity, sensitivity and the different assists modes all of them feel completely broken and undrivable.

What settings are you guys using? Because if this is how the game is supposed to feel I'd sooner go and play NFS:U1...

It honestly feels like The Crew is like TDU, But a chunk better.

As @Ameer67 said, it basically is TDU3 since it's made by the same people.

It is o.o. I mean driving long distance has that huge TDU feeling.

Well, maybe there isn't anything to get excited about then.

I never played TDU2, it came out before I cared much about driving games.

But I'll still try it, see if I like it and buy it in a few months if I do like it.

Well, maybe there isn't anything to get excited about then.

I never played TDU2, it came out before I cared much about driving games.

But I'll still try it, see if I like it and buy it in a few months if I do like it.
If you can get over the nasty voice actors (didn't bother me much), the stale story, stupid physics, and repeated radio, TDU2 is actually decent. Hopefully, The Crew should shake off TDU2's bad moments.

If you can get over the nasty voice actors (didn't bother me much), the stale story, stupid physics, and repeated radio, TDU2 is actually decent. Hopefully, The Crew should shake off TDU2's bad moments.

The story is already annoying me... and I'm only on the 3rd or 4th mission.

I'm in love with this game. All I've been doing is cruising with my friend. If they just change the physics so that you don't fishtail all over the place when you lose control after a drift it'll be perfect.

Car handling in The Crew

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/914516-Car-handling-in-The-Crew

Since the beginning of the beta we’ve heard some players stating having troubles with the handling of the cars. We know that this topic is very important and we’d like to give you a full answer on this matter.

In the Closed Beta, all the players are capped at level 10 and The Crew being an RPG, this cap means that you can’t get access to all the car parts and highest levels where your car reaches its full potential.

As you all already know, every car is composed of 11 performance parts, all impacting the way your vehicle behaves. The handling of your car will also depend on the selection of these parts and their quality.

The Crew is also a totally new game among the racing/driving genre, and while it’s not a simulation game, it’s not a plain arcade game. This is why the team decided to offer from the beginning three options for the “Car handling help level” that are:

All driving help
Sport
Hardcore

In addition to these three settings, every player can also apply his own settings in 8 different categories being:

Gearbox
Vibration
Steering sensitivity
Steering linearity
Steering speed factor
Steering dead zone
Throttle linearity
Brake linearity

Now there are already some modifications that we want to apply in the future.

Regarding the gearbox, we want to allow players (in a manual mode) to switch the gears instantaneously without having any latency between each input.

Another example concerns the movement of the cockpit camera, where we want to allow players to remove that movement if they want it.

In conclusion, keep an eye on the game until the launch and keep your feedback coming!

The Crew Team

Those look the same as they were y'day for me..? Anyway, quite decent wheel settings and ffb for this kind of game.
Only thing that was most weird to me was the weight (centering) of the wheel that was stronger on offroad than on asphalt. Should be the otherway around I'd say. :) With bit more vibrations still offroad of course.

Back