The Crew: Wild Run Edition

I've received a code by a friend of mine and played a couple of hours yesterday. Now I know for certain that I'm not going to get this game. I find the whole storyline to be INCREDIBLY cheesy and cliché, it was almost unbearable to play the first couple of minutes.

I guess I'm just going to cruise around the US (planning a trip round the whole of the US, with a short stop at Pikes Peak and Laguna Seca) with my Camaro.

Apparently, The Crew thinks my Dualshock 3 controller is a steering wheel. Okay....

edit:
Turning the game off 'n on fixed it. Weird....

Got a code thanks to Najin.....now what do I do?!
Download Uplay (Ubisoft's version of Origin and Steam), make a Uplay account, insert code, download The Crew, ???, profit!

Anyways these frame drops (30 down to 10-0) is making the game unplayable for me. Especially during the PvP races.

Apparently, The Crew thinks my Dualshock 3 controller is a steering wheel. Okay....

edit:
Turning the game off 'n on fixed it. Weird....

Anyways these frame drops (30 down to 10-0) is making the game unplayable for me. Especially during the PvP races.

I've had the same problem happen with the dual shock, not sure if it can recur but if it can it'll get quite annoying in the long run if it isn't fixed.....

Also, remember, pc game have changeable graphics settings, so if you get frame drops try reducing graphics settings bit by bit until you notice no instability in the frame rate.

If that doesn't fix the frame problems, it could be something to do with many other things, RAM, HDD speed, Network Connection (PVP races being the issue, it could be this)

The list goes on, sadly, PC gaming can be a high-maintenance endeavour, so appreciate consoles for their ease of use, if not fidelity...

Remember, BETA!

So I've never played a racing game on the Laptop before so I don't know which buttons to use, is it just the arrow buttons to steer and accelerate and how do you turn the game off once its on??

So I've never played a racing game on the Laptop before so I don't know which buttons to use, is it just the arrow buttons to steer and accelerate and how do you turn the game off once its on??

I think you can use the arrow keys.

To exit the game, press esc. A little phone will pop up on the right. Click on the X icon near the bottom.

Uuuggghhh... Why is my internet so bad! My beta has been downloading for 2 days now, and it's only at 25%!

I've received a code by a friend of mine and played a couple of hours yesterday. Now I know for certain that I'm not going to get this game. I find the whole storyline to be INCREDIBLY cheesy and cliché, it was almost unbearable to play the first couple of minutes.

I guess I'm just going to cruise around the US (planning a trip round the whole of the US, with a short stop at Pikes Peak and Laguna Seca) with my Camaro.

Why would you buy this game for the story? xD
Tell me of one good car-centralised game with a good story! (GTA does not count :P)

I think the vid above is one of the main reasons why someone would buy this game, to just drive! (For me... Perhaps in not such a....formal manner), but basically, to roam in whichever way you choose is one of the greatest feelings!

To be lucid!

Why would you buy this game for the story? xD
Tell me of one good car-centralised game with a good story! (GTA does not count :P)

I think the vid above is one of the main reasons why someone would buy this game, to just drive! (For me... Perhaps in not such a....formal manner), but basically, to roam in whichever way you choose is one of the greatest feelings!

To be lucid!

Well, the incredibly cheesy and predictable story are actually one of the gripes I have with the game. For me, the whole thing just seems like a giant ripoff of modern NFS games. The story plot and line, the whole tuning thing just screams Most Wanted to me. Then there's the whole driving thing which I feel is rather incomplete and dissatisfying. These weird throttle when upshifting or downshifting. It sounds like the guy never drove a stick before, there's no rev limiter.
Oh, and 30FPS limitation? C'mon Ubisoft

The only thing I enjoyed was the map, yes. The scale of it is amazing, but to be honest, I'm not willing to 60€ for just a big map

What do you want ? We live in 2014 It all has already been invented. Iam on PC and it cost only 30€

These weird throttle when upshifting or downshifting. It sounds like the guy never drove a stick before, there's no rev limiter.
Oh, and 30FPS limitation? C'mon Ubisoft

All i say to this > OMG

And btw:

Ugh. This game looks amazing, especially those dirt mods. I'll never have enough money to get a good PC though, or a PS4.

How many degrees in steering did you use on a Logitech G25? I am using 540º at the moment, but maybe there is a better setup?

What do you want ? We live in 2014 It all has already been invented. Iam on PC and it cost only 30€

And btw:
[-snip-]

Well, you can disagree with me, but it's still not worth to me, simple as that. If you enjoy this game, then all power to you, go ahead and buy this. But I did not enjoy this game at all, except for the free ride and the map, and I can only repeat myself here; that's not worth 60€ or 30€ to me. I'm only going to put this kind of money on the table if I enjoy the whole game, the single player and multiplayer campaign and not just parts of the game.

Again, if you can live with these little flaws I have with the game, I'm not going to call you out or judge you for buying this game. Oh, and that "It's 2014 and everything has been invented" is a very weak argument imo, there are still games that offer innovations and aren't blatant rip offs (purposely or not) from other, established games.

@Cherokee: I'm using 720°, if you find 900° too much, then you maybe should try 720° :)

So I've got some problems, bought a PC controller but cant get it to work, the game loaded after about 6 hours last night it seems fine but I'm still at the first mission and I cant shut the game off when I want to, the escape button wont shut it off..

Ya there are many bugs in the beta build and Iam shure that only a few controller are supportet atm.

Please take a look at the beta forum by pressing ingame F4 and report your problem.

Back