The Crew: Wild Run Edition

I wonder if I can still get a beta key for the Xbox One Crew beta, may as well try I guess.

I got home last night and a Madden NFL 2015 Xbox One bundle was sitting on the counter waiting for me, it was a very nice B-day present. I definitely did not see that one coming.
WHOA congrats bro and happy b day!! :cheers:

Here is a link to the X1 and PS4 beta. http://thecrew-game.ubi.com/portal/en-GB/beta/index.aspx

WHOA congrats bro and happy b day!! :cheers:

Here is a link to the X1 and PS4 beta. http://thecrew-game.ubi.com/portal/en-GB/beta/index.aspx

Thanks! It was on Sunday and I didn't really get to celebrate it, we were gone all weekend. I went to a Wedding in Idaho, it was on Sunday and I didn't get home until Monday afternoon. But yesterday more than made up for it, coming home to that surprise was just awesome :)

Thanks for the link, I'll head over there now and sign up, maybe I will get lucky!

Thanks! It was on Sunday and I didn't really get to celebrate it, we were gone all weekend. I went to a Wedding in Idaho, it was on Sunday and I didn't get home until Monday afternoon. But yesterday more than made up for it, coming home to that surprise was just awesome :)

Thanks for the link, I'll head over there now and sign up, maybe I will get lucky!
I have the entire next week off paid for Destiny. So we should try to play something for sure next week. Or if nothing else, get some chat time in the party together. We can help show you the bells and whistles of the X1.

Last edited:
I have the entire next week off paid for Destiny. So we should try to play something for sure next week. Or if nothing else, get some chat time in the part together. We can help show you the bells and whistles of the X1.

TY, looking forward to it!

Where in Idaho?

The Crew is the first game I've seen that has the GPS line above the road, I like it too. I find the arrow prompts that other games have or a line on the street slightly annoying, I love the attention to detail the devs put into this game.

Quick side note, I've been waiting to connect my new Xbox One until I bought a new TV (I have no HDMI ports left and that is with an expansion box). So the plan is I am going to move my 2007 42" Aquos into the Living room and move the Xbox 360 in there with it, and in the Family room, I am going to replace it with a 60" Sharp Sharp LC-60SQ15U 60 and have the PS3 and the Xbox One connected to it.

http://www.smartreview.com/sharp-aquos-lc-60sq15u-60-inch-240hz-4k-ready-q-1080p-led-smart-tv

1080p 240hz, 3D, 16 million subpixels and the best part, it's 4K ready! It has everything I want. I will need to buy some 3D glasses since none come with it.

Last edited:
Driver: San Francisco was very good game. Very underrated in my opinion. Handling much was more fun and realistic than typical Arcade games. Also sounds were great. I hope they use Driver as a base for this.

You don't think so? :) I however must say that likely this is much better than NFS rivals. (I got bored after 20min)
NFS team made amazing Burnout paradise and then boring NFS rivals.
Driver san andreas was very fun and innovative. This "crew" just looks like boring and repetitive "run from the cops" game. See the patter? :) Driveclub seems better bet now for the first good driving game for PS4.

Interesting, I imagine driving over a snowy mountain pass will yield.....snow, I guess that is what they mean by weather in certain areas, or Rain in Seattle etc. Frankly I would rather have the dynamic weather system, but some weather is better than nothing I guess.

"Moreover, The Crew won’t feature a dynamic weather system. Instead of featuring a full dynamic weather system, The Crew features certain weather conditions on certain areas."

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/the-c...eature-dynamic-weather-dlc-strategy-detailed/

The Crew is the first game I've seen that has the GPS line above the road, I like it too. I find the arrow prompts that other games have or a line on the street slightly annoying, I love the attention to detail the devs put into this game.

Quick side note, I've been waiting to connect my new Xbox One until I bought a new TV (I have no HDMI ports left and that is with an expansion box). So the plan is I am going to move my 2007 42" Aquos into the Living room and move the Xbox 360 in there with it, and in the Family room, I am going to replace it with a 60" Sharp Sharp LC-60SQ15U 60 and have the PS3 and the Xbox One connected to it.

http://www.smartreview.com/sharp-aquos-lc-60sq15u-60-inch-240hz-4k-ready-q-1080p-led-smart-tv

1080p 240hz, 3D, 16 million subpixels and the best part, it's 4K ready! It has everything I want. I will need to buy some 3D glasses since none come with it.
FUEL had GPS arrows above the road. Worked very well especially if you marked an objective.

Congrats on the new TV. I know we talked a little about it but did you end up picking up Finding Nemo in 3d and How to train a Dragon in 3d? Finding Nemo is still one of THE best looking 3d movies I have seen.

Interesting, I imagine driving over a snowy mountain pass will yield.....snow, I guess that is what they mean by weather in certain areas, or Rain in Seattle etc. Frankly I would rather have the dynamic weather system, but some weather is better than nothing I guess.
"Moreover, The Crew won’t feature a dynamic weather system. Instead of featuring a full dynamic weather system, The Crew features certain weather conditions on certain areas."
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/the-c...eature-dynamic-weather-dlc-strategy-detailed/
Bummer I would also prefer dynamic weather. Something is better than nothing. But I guess the weather "in certain areas" makes sense. Which is also identical to FUEL. Hopefully night day will be dynamic.

This game reminds me of FUEL more than any other game. In a good way. I enjoyed FUEL especially with friends.

FUEL had GPS arrows above the road. Worked very well especially if you marked an objective.

Congrats on the new TV. I know we talked a little about it but did you end up picking up Finding Nemo in 3d and How to train a Dragon in 3d? Finding Nemo is still one of THE best looking 3d movies I have seen.

Bummer I would also prefer dynamic weather. Something is better than nothing. But I guess the weather "in certain areas" makes sense. Which is also identical to FUEL. Hopefully night day will be dynamic.

This game reminds me of FUEL more than any other game. In a good way. I enjoyed FUEL especially with friends.

Not yet, haven't had time to run by the store, maybe today though. I'm defintely buying one of those movies in 3D soon. Here is a link to the TV I ended up going with:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...731&skuId=4324008&st=UN60H7150AFXZA&cp=1&lp=1

Not yet, haven't had time to run by the store, maybe today though. I'm defintely buying one of those movies in 3D soon. Here is a link to the TV I ended up going with:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...731&skuId=4324008&st=UN60H7150AFXZA&cp=1&lp=1
Very nice and very similar to my tv but mine is much smaller. You cant go wrong with Sony or Samsung. My top 2 favorite brands for electronics. Its also nice to finally have someone else to talk to about 3d. :D

Oh your 3d tv probably also has an option to create "simulated" 3d for ANY movie or game. That's how I was playing Destiny in 3d this weekend.

Very nice and very similar to my tv but mine is much smaller. You cant go wrong with Sony or Samsung. My top 2 favorite brands for electronics. Its also nice to finally have someone else to talk to about 3d. :D

Oh your 3d tv probably also has an option to create "simulated" 3d for ANY movie or game. That's how I was playing Destiny in 3d this weekend.

Yeah I need to pick up 2 more pairs of Active 3D glasses. Lol I just noticed that TV is $100 cheaper than it was on Friday, I should bring my receipt in and say what the heck guys, lol.

Yeah I need to pick up 2 more pairs of Active 3D glasses. Lol I just noticed that TV is $100 cheaper than it was on Friday, I should bring my receipt in and say what the heck guys, lol.
Yeah try it. Sometimes companies will honor and refund you the difference if it is within a week. Worth a try. Then you can put that money toward the extra 3d glasses.

I have the entire week off paid when The Master Chief Collection comes out. Which is the exact same week The Crew comes out. So I think I am still getting The Crew that week. If I do we should probably have plenty of time to play it at night.

Yeah try it. Sometimes companies will honor and refund you the difference if it is within a week. Worth a try. Then you can put that money toward the extra 3d glasses.

I have the entire week off paid when The Master Chief Collection comes out. Which is the exact same week The Crew comes out. So I think I am still getting The Crew that week. If I do we should probably have plenty of time to play it at night.

I need to preorder The Crew still, just trying to decide what store, I think Gamestop has the "Muscle Edition" whatever that means:lol:

Yeah I think I'm going to go back to the store tomorrow with my receipt and try it, that's a free copy of Destiny and a pair of 3D glasses, worth a shot. I can also return the TV within 15 days for whatever reason. I'm pretty sure they would rather give me the sale price then take the TV back.

I need to preorder The Crew still, just trying to decide what store, I think Gamestop has the "Muscle Edition" whatever that means:lol:

Yeah I think I'm going to go back to the store tomorrow with my receipt and try it, that's a free copy of Destiny and a pair of 3D glasses, worth a shot. I can also return the TV within 15 days for whatever reason. I'm pretty sure they would rather give me the sale price then take the TV back.
I haven't pre-ordered yet either. But I would get it through gamestop regardless. The only question is, will The Crew be available at Midnight when I pick up The Master Chief? Otherwise I will have to get it the next day.

The bold statement is exactly what I would present to them because as you said, you do have 15 days to return the tv. A manager should have no problem agreeing with giving you the $100.00 refund. Unless they are an idiot.

I haven't pre-ordered yet either. But I would get it through gamestop regardless. The only question is, will The Crew be available at Midnight when I pick up The Master Chief? Otherwise I will have to get it the next day.

The bold statement is exactly what I would present to them because as you said, you do have 15 days to return the tv. A manager should have no problem agreeing with giving you the $100.00 refund. Unless they are an idiot.

I'll have to ask them when I go preorder the game, I would think they would have a midnight launch because both games are launching the same day but I bet it varies store by store.

It looks like the Muscle edition preorder comes with the 2015 Mustang which is a Gamestop exclusive. I will just preorder it from there.

I'll have to ask them when I go preorder the game, I would think they would have a midnight launch because both games are launching the same day but I bet it varies store by store.

It looks like the Muscle edition preorder comes with the 2015 Mustang which is a Gamestop exclusive. I will just preorder it from there.
I will pre-order this Thursday and Horizon 2 since I will be near Gamestop. Nice to hear it comes with the 2015 Mustang.

I am going to have plenty to keep me busy this winter on the X1.

Back