The Crew: Wild Run Edition

I haven't pre-ordered yet either. But I would get it through gamestop regardless. The only question is, will The Crew be available at Midnight when I pick up The Master Chief? Otherwise I will have to get it the next day.

The bold statement is exactly what I would present to them because as you said, you do have 15 days to return the tv. A manager should have no problem agreeing with giving you the $100.00 refund. Unless they are an idiot.

Just got back from the store, that went very well! I got the $100 refund and used it to buy 2 more pairs of Samsung 3D glasses and Destiny. While I was there, I also picked up How to Train Your Dragon 3D, then I went over to Gamestop and preordered Horzion 2!

I'll preorder the Crew next, probably when I go to pick up Horizon 2. I also asked about a midnight launch for the Crew at Gamestop and they told me that right now they have no plans for a midnight launch, but the Gamestop in your area might be different.

Just got back from the store, that went very well! I got the $100 refund and used it to buy 2 more pairs of Samsung 3D glasses and Destiny. While I was there, I also picked up How to Train Your Dragon 3D, then I went over to Gamestop and preordered Horzion 2!

I'll preorder the Crew next, probably when I go to pick up Horizon 2. I also asked about a midnight launch for the Crew at Gamestop and they told me that right now they have no plans for a midnight launch, but the Gamestop in your area might be different.
lOoLpnA.gif

Wow you had an amazing night! Congrats bro! That's a lot of great stuff to pick up in one night. Cant wait to hear your feedback about How to train a dragon in 3d. Just keep in mind the main focus of 3d is depth perception. You probably wont see a lot of stuff flying out at you but the depth perception will be instantly. Horizon 2 demo was amazing so I will be pre-ordering that tonight.

And that's okay if The Crew doesn't have a midnight launch. I can always pick up the Crew the next day if I know many of my friends will be picking it up. I am going to pre-order the Crew tonight just for the heck of it since I will be at gamestop anyway for Horizon 2 pre order. Looking forward to playing Destiny and some other games with you this weekend.

The Xbox One/PS4 beta is supposed to start tomorrow. Did anyone receive a beta key yet? I doubt I'll get in because I registered late, but I was curious if anyone else had gotten an email yet.

The beta will offer the entire United States map present for the full game, with all of the missions in the Midwest region, all of the skill challenges in Midwest and East Coast, and free roam available in the rest of the nation. PvP lobbies for the Midwest and East Coast also will be available. That comprises 30 missions, 200 skill challenges and 6,200 miles of road in all.
As for vehicles, Ivory Tower isn't saying exactly what from from the fleet will be offered, but there will be Street and Dirt specs to enhance their performance in street races and offroad races.
The Crew launches on Nov. 11 for PlayStation 4, Windows PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. For more on The Crew and what its PC closed beta had to offer, see Polygon's overview video from July and our preview from E3 2014.

I registered a few days after the announcement and haven't gotten a beta key. I think the luckiest few will get keys when they registered within minutes of the console beta being announced.

Anybody received a key yet? I also registred few days after the announcement and nothing. I dont know anybody else who received one yet. can somebody with twitter ask Ubisoft ? maybe a Problem from Them.

I'll take it. :P

I played a bit of The Crew at an expo on the weekend and I was really, really disappointed. The physics were really floaty from what I played, and it was really difficult to get into the game because of the that. The rest of the game? Great! I loved the fast travel, the map was well designed and the graphics weren't too shabby, but the handling ruins it. :indiff:

I dont know any single person from my friends or PSN list who received a Beta code...

Either ubisoft messed up or the Beta is extremely limited...

I dont know any single person from my friends or PSN list who received a Beta code...

Either ubisoft messed up or the Beta is extremely limited...
That is a discouraging sign for sure. I pre-ordered this but I am still on the fence about buying it. If they are having issues getting the beta codes out properly, that's not a good start. :guilty: Oh well I have been loving Horizon 2 so if The crew doesn't work out, not really much of a loss. :sly:

Horizon 2 is a blast I played it at a friends house, but I dont really want to buy a X1 for only one game :( So the Crew is my alternative.

Also there is no kind of Info from Ubisoft if the codes being already sent out or if they have troubles. Xbox One codes are out already since people already stream the gameplay.

Yesterday I had contact to a community manager from Ubisoft Germany, and he said the beta codes will be out today since the PSN updates wednesdays here in Europe. But still nothing.

I also wonder why the Beta registration is still open when its supposed to run already since yesterday?!

Also on the official forums I hear only people complain that nobody got a code for the PS4 yet...

The issue with codes not working on PS4 is that Ubisoft didn't tell Sony that the codes were going out, so they weren't activated.

I got a code and after playing for 30mins I wished I would have given it to one of you.

Really not impressed with the game at all, feels like a really bad nfs and not even close to burnout.

I received a Beta Key this morning, going to give it a try tonight. As far as the physics being floaty, that is the polar opposite from what I've heard from the people that played the PC beta.

Now I am concerned that the Xbox One is a different build, regardless I will will be giving them my feedback either way.

Getting an Xbox One hopefully on Friday, would be great to have a beta code for it..

I received a Beta Key this morning, going to give it a try tonight. As far as the physics being floaty, that is the polar opposite from what I've heard from the people that played the PC beta.

Now I am concerned that the Xbox One is a different build, regardless I will will be giving them my feedback either way.
Oh congrats. My decision to get the game will depend a lot on your feedback.

I am still waiting for my beta code confirmation.

Oh congrats. My decision to get the game will depend a lot on your feedback.

I am still waiting for my beta code confirmation.

Tonight I am really going to dig into this Beta and go for an epic cruise, probably with my 2012 Mustang GT Street version. I played through the Tutorial and then was essentially cut off until the Install finishes (it's massive), after over 5 hours I'm at 90% complete.

I basically played Horizon 2 while it was installing until about 26% then I could go and do the tutorial, so far I like what I see, the amount of customization options are simply insane, and that's an understatement. One example is, I think there were over 20 front bumpers for my Mustang GT alone and that was just for one spec which was street spec, There is also Dirt, Performance, Raid and so on, each with their own set of customizations.

I can't wait to drive the whole map tonight, I want to get a good read on the physics engine, last night was not enough. Right now I am racing on Hardcore mode, Manual transimission, on a controller with the Steering sensativity turned up a couple notches, that seem to help with some of the issue others were talking about earlier, I didn't mess with the other Settings.

Tonight I am really going to dig into this Beta and go for an epic cruise, probably with my 2012 Mustang GT Street version. I played through the Tutorial and then was essentially cut off until the Install finishes (it's massive), after over 5 hours I'm at 90% complete.

I basically played Horizon 2 while it was installing until about 26% then I could go and do the tutorial, so far I like what I see, the amount of customization options are simply insane, and that's an understatement. One example is, I think there were over 20 front bumpers for my Mustang GT alone and that was just for one spec which was street spec, There is also Dirt, Performance, Raid and so on, each with their own set of customizations.

I can't wait to drive the whole map tonight, I want to get a good read on the physics engine, last night was not enough. Right now I am racing on Hardcore mode, Manual transimission, on a controller with the Steering sensativity turned up a couple notches, that seem to help with some of the issue others were talking about earlier, I didn't mess with the other Settings.
Wow 20 front bumpers holy dang. That's way more customization than I ever imagined. I applied for the beta again, so hopefully it works out. Really looking forward to hearing your feedback about this game.

The weather is scripted but were you able to see any weather in the beta?

Wow 20 front bumpers holy dang. That's way more customization than I ever imagined. I applied for the beta again, so hopefully it works out. Really looking forward to hearing your feedback about this game.

The weather is scripted but were you able to see any weather in the beta?

I haven't left the Detroit Area yet but I should encounter a large variety of weather tonight on my cruise. From what I've heard, the Rain looks great, Snow will pile up on your car etc. I hope you get in the Beta, you can cruise around the whole map with friends, it's all unlocked.

I haven't left the Detroit Area yet but I should encounter a large variety of weather tonight on my cruise. From what I've heard, the Rain looks great, Snow will pile up on your car etc. I hope you get in the Beta, you can cruise around the whole map with friends, it's all unlocked.
Dang sounds so good. Some of the best weather effects I have seen are still in PGR4 / Dirt 3. This is sounding very similar to those weather effects. In PGR4 there were actually snow drifts and huge water puddles and both effected the physics.

I also mentioned another feature I noticed in the Crew. As you turn left and right, the water changes direction on the windshield as it is running down the car. I have not seen that happen in any other racing game.

Back