The Crew: Wild Run Edition

I am now level 43 and there is something I wonder, I can't buy any cars really because they are so damn expensive to buy them with the Bucks since you earn like nothing of them. Then you can use Crew Credits, nice! Just you dont get any... except you buy them with real money?!
How you guys do it? I would like to buy me a Lambo or something but with those 60.000 Bucks I have considering I am level 43... that gonna take ages.

Am I not aware of someway of earning more? Or is the game just designed to be like that? Because I am tired of using the R34, Focus RS, and Dodge Challenger... all in various specs.

If you haven't already joined a faction, do it, and do some factione vents. Every day, you'll earn money. I've only done 2 events and get about 1200 a day. Now that I'm level 50, I'm going to go get one of each spec up to a high level, and work on faction events to earn more each day.

Instead me I used the Camaro for the whole Storyline, but now I'm trying to get a car each role. These are:
- Nissan Skyline R34 for Tuning;
- Ferrari 458 Speciale for Extreme;
- McLaren MP4-12C for Circuit;
- Ford Focus RS for Off-Road;
- Hummer H1 for Raid.
For the first 4 it's ok, I already have them and bought every visual parts I wanted to put on, plus I got all at 1.130-1.170 level. Now I'll have to start the grinding to get the Hummer H1, it's 750k to get there... :(
>Hummer H1

Nice to see there is a possibility that GT can have it as well since it's not exclusive to Forza.

I had a random player following me around for about an hour yesterday helping me with missions as well. It was pretty fun. Went from Detroit to St Louis to Chicago. Was about to make the trip to NY but had to leave for work.

I got to level 50 and finished the campaign (was pretty good, not excellent), so I decided to start the faction missions. I did one mission back when I had just unlocked the south (showtime) and could have done any of the missions elsewhere (this was when my car levels were in the 400s I think). Now for some reason, I have to level up all of my cars just to do the faction missions (like go over 100 levels) even the showtime challenge. Why is this? Why did the level requirements not stay the same?

I got to level 50 and finished the campaign (was pretty good, not excellent), so I decided to start the faction missions. I did one mission back when I had just unlocked the south (showtime) and could have done any of the missions elsewhere (this was when my car levels were in the 400s I think). Now for some reason, I have to level up all of my cars just to do the faction missions (like go over 100 levels) even the showtime challenge. Why is this? Why did the level requirements not stay the same?

do you know the easiest way to get parts at level 50? Its the jumps now you are level 50 platinum parts are unlocked and they can be farmed for the best ones at jumps.

Easiest Platinums are at the first 2 zones because the Platinum score is something like +10% from Gold. Obviously, low level Challenge Attacks (like at Detroit and Chicago, lv1 to lv10) have low Gold score requirements, so also low Platinum score requirements. But keep in mind that there are Challenges Attacks that are impossible or really hard to do because of the spec, for example Hillclimbs are almost impossible to do in Extreme or Circuit specs even there.

I am having fun hotlaping in the four racetracks I've found in the map. Laguna Seca, Sebring and two others.
do you know the easiest way to get parts at level 50? Its the jumps now you are level 50 platinum parts are unlocked and they can be farmed for the best ones at jumps.
I've found out the jump, speed, race line and getaway tests are the easyest ones to platinum after 50lv.
Also, go to the tests located inside the racetracks. I managet to get platinum parts for all my cars (from street to circuit specs) there.

The sense of speed is really lacking in this game. Maybe it's just me watching on a small YT video, but it doesn't matter whether you're going 200 or 300, it all looks like you're going 100 km/h.

The sense of speed is really lacking in this game. Maybe it's just me watching on a small YT video, but it doesn't matter whether you're going 200 or 300, it all looks like you're going 100 km/h.

The sense of speed is crap so the map feels bigger than what it actually is, GTA V does the same thing, but this game doesn't need it.

I went back to Detroit and took a brand new car to level 1180+, street spec, with all platinum parts in about 15 minutes. It was easier that I expected, too easy in fact. The skills around Detroit are easy. Easiest ones for me were slalom (all slalom are quite easy), speed, and jump.

I noticed the sense of speed isn't there either. A narrower field of view will bring some of that back, and some motion blur. Going down the highway at 350 kmh+ doesn't feel much quicker than 200.

The stat bars can give you an idea on how the car will act in the road.
For example, the Z4 got higher grip but lower acceleration than the 458 Speciale, and in fact while the Z4 slides when cornering or skid when using Nitro JUST in limit handling situations, the 458 Speciale is much trickier to keep on the road and will try to slide out of the tarmac every time you will use Nitro or take a bump or want to push it a bit more than its limit.

Reviews came out earlier.

IGN - 6.0/10.0

"The Crew is truly massive and packed with racing but it's let down by its dated appearance and frustrating AI."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/02/the-crew-review

Gamespot - 5/10

"When The Crew puts you into races with good AI, and you get to race through interesting and varied environments, you get the feeling that you're playing a good game. When you struggle to find people to join your crew online, balk at the outdated graphics, and shake your head at the AI and the occasionally unpredictable physics, you realize: The Crew isn't that good after all. When you can't play due to server issues, you find a new game to play and leave The Crew in your dust."

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/the-crew-review/1900-6415988/

Auch, those were harsh. :ouch: And yet another promising car racing game fails in delivering a consistent product. So both DC and The Crew failed to deliver, I just hope Wreckfest (that's the old Next Car Game for those who didn't know) doesn't go the same way as these two...

After playing the Beta with my friend on PC, I thought it was a great game and I would definitely buy it. But after reading reviews and watching videos, I'm having second thoughts.

I was wondering how many people here have it for PC and would you recommend it?

Reviews came out earlier.

IGN - 6.0/10.0

"The Crew is truly massive and packed with racing but it's let down by its dated appearance and frustrating AI."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/02/the-crew-review

Gamespot - 5/10

"When The Crew puts you into races with good AI, and you get to race through interesting and varied environments, you get the feeling that you're playing a good game. When you struggle to find people to join your crew online, balk at the outdated graphics, and shake your head at the AI and the occasionally unpredictable physics, you realize: The Crew isn't that good after all. When you can't play due to server issues, you find a new game to play and leave The Crew in your dust."

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/the-crew-review/1900-6415988/

I do have to agree with the dated appearance part, but other than that, it's pretty good.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/the_crew/b/playstation4/default.aspx
Game Informer rated it a 7/10, slightly better.

Their remarks:
  • Concept:Race across the country to find your brother’s killers with or without a crew by your side
  • Graphics:It’s not a great-looking game, but good enough given the size of the world and the fact that it’s relatively stable
  • Sound:The script and story are hackneyed, but the voice actors give it their all, injecting as much life as possible
  • Playability:Hitting objects of various sizes and weights affects your car inconsistently. Otherwise, it feels like your average arcade racer
  • Entertainment:I am nominally interested in all of The Crew’s parts, but none of them hold my attention
  • Replay:Moderate

Last edited:
Reviews are pretty consistent with what I expected so far. Open world is great, but the core mechanics are lacking for a racing game. Pretty much FUEL v2.0 :lol: I can see myself buying it when it's $20, getting the $5 unlock pack (if they release one) and just freeroam without touching the story mode at all. There's plenty of other games to keep me occupied in the meantime.

I really hope pCARS can finally be the racing game that the PS4 deserves. Fingers crossed 👍

After playing the Beta with my friend on PC, I thought it was a great game and I would definitely buy it. But after reading reviews and watching videos, I'm having second thoughts.

I was wondering how many people here have it for PC and would you recommend it?

I have it on PC and I've been enjoying it. I love the open world aspect, and admit the AI is a bit dumb, and my biggest pet peeve with racing games, rubber banding, is pretty excessive here. The open world part is what keeps me interested though. I'm a collector and exploration type gamer, so those are keeping me coming back as well.

Any word on if the game supports stand alone pedals yet? That's the only thing stopping me from adding this to the collection.

Sorry to get back to you so late on this, got side tracked playing Dragon Age Inquisition. To answer your question, yes this game supports stand alone pedals. My Fanatec CSR Elites are plugged into my PC through USB instead of through the CSW v2 wheel and it will recognize them although you may have to map them in the control settings, but it does recognize throttle, brake and clutch.

One of the easiest ways to make money is by sending friends on Faction missions.

On the map hit the Right Button until you see Faction Missions, then Select one of them on the map and instead of choosing the Play option, choose send Friends instead, select which friend you would like to send and then select Launch. You should see a timer appear above the event. After the event is finished there should be a green check mark, selct the mission and choose 'See Result' to collect your money.

You will only collect a portion of the winnings but the payout is still $16,000 on the longer faction missions.

Is the level reward for platinum parts completely random, or is it easier to obtain a level 50 part from higher level areas? One of the first platinum parts I got in Detroit was level 50, but it took at least 30-40 attempts to get one in LA.

Is the level reward for platinum parts completely random, or is it easier to obtain a level 50 part from higher level areas? One of the first platinum parts I got in Detroit was level 50, but it took at least 30-40 attempts to get one in LA.

I've only earned one level 50 platinum part, it was on a jump skill a little bit below the Little Eagle Speedrom track at a stunt jump arena; it was for level 50 brakes. There appears to be some randomness to the level you earn. If I had to guess I would say it's easier to earn one in the beginning areas rather than a place like L.A.

Well based on some areas being higher level, like LA, I thought you'd be more likely to het a level 50 platinum part there, bit if it's random no matter where you are, I'll lrobably go back to the Midwest and get them there.

Well based on some areas being higher level, like LA, I thought you'd be more likely to het a level 50 platinum part there, bit if it's random no matter where you are, I'll lrobably go back to the Midwest and get them there.

I wish I had more for you than that but I am still in the Mountain state region, I've only been to L.A. once to get a circuit spec Z. I did a couple of skills challenges while I was there because my level was just high enough, but at the time I was still below level 50 and had yet to unlock Platinum medals.

I finally bought the R34 skyline last night and I'm so glad I did. This is one of my best handling cars in my garage. Even full stock it handles like a dream. I bought a street kit for it, level one of course, may as well save yourself the 10k-20K and just earn the parts yourself by doing skills events.

I sort of tested the Platinum medal theory in the beginning areas, I filtered the skill challenges to just Jump events and was able to get Platinum reward parts very easily. In less than 30 minutes I had upgraded almost every part to platinum and leveled the Street Spec Skyline up to 1000. Then I drove it around for another hour just having fun with it, easily my new favorite car.

For those in the UK who are interested in the game but have not yet bought a copy, it is now available at 2 well known outlets at £25 (about $40 equivalent) - one sells a lot of "Game"s and one is a very long river in Brazil. :cheers:

I've ordered my copy today for my 3 week old PS4 so hope to have some Youtube content to add over the Christmas period, along with some Driveclub vids.

I'm not particularly obsessed about super duper graphics if the game itself is worthy, so I am hoping to have fun with the Crew. See y'all around! 👍

Back