The Drag Tuning Bible -- v4.1 - September 2012

• Thread starter dr_slump
  • 247 comments
By the look of this it might just be true that SSR7 may be the harder place to drag...

By the look of this it might just be true that SSR7 may be the harder place to drag...

That's true. It requires more tuning. You gotta decide whether you want to compete who has the best reaction time or who has the best tune. Personally I'm again moving to ssr7 'cause competeng for the best reaction seems a bit stupid when we don't have a proper tree. When/if we get one, I might come back to 1/4 racing.

Edit: Me not being in the right mind to talk, neverr mind.
Feel free to come back whenever you feel in the right mind to.
I wouldn't say harder, it's just wider (?). You've to care about much more things that you'd have to for Indy and must put them into one trough finding the best possible compromise, at least that's what you're always should be trying to do.

______
Bible related:

I see that a lot of the confusion (or however you want to call that) is caused trough my unclear explanation, especially in combination with the weight transfer story.
I think I'll have to rewrite it to make it a bit more logic and easier to overview/understand.

:)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Jordan
That's a great resource, I've just stuck it now.
Thank you veeeeeeery much! :)

Perfect time, I just released a new update:
Code:
Last edited by dr_slump; Today at 9:22 PM. Reason: Rewrote some parts; added a couple things; tried to make it clearer/easier to understand; added weight transfer /// Update 2.0

:dunce:👍

question i got!!! for FF cars when comes to the toe i should play with both front and rear at the same time????

I'd say you should use toe only for the driven wheels. Toe at rear will increase friction and slow you down.

I'd say you should use toe only for the driven wheels. Toe at rear will increase friction and slow you down.

I've noticed some cars perform better with toe on non driven wheels. If this applies to toe, which I know does, in theory, camber should have the same effect. Which in fact doesn't, or the impact is so small it's not noticeable.

so should start with the driven wheels first then work with the others?

Yes! The toe at driven wheels is important. Toe at non-driven wheels is just a trick what you can try when there's really no room for improvement anywhere else. (if it really works)

Yes! The toe at driven wheels is important. Toe at non-driven wheels is just a trick what you can try when there's really no room for improvement anywhere else. (if it really works)

Some cars it works, others it doesn't, Test and tune.

Added "Drag Transmission 2.0.1"

I must add that this isn't completed, there's more to say, but it's enough for the moment.
The next I'm going to do is to add some case studies and explanations.

:)

Nice work Slump! Very thorough and informative. Wish I had this to go by when I was first starting out. Looking forward to the rest!👍👍👍

You know for FF right, you know about ballast right? I could help you if you wanted. Because im from the FF Honda scene, team R-Spec, and we are really annoyed of all these people who wouldn't dare share their tunes! So yeah... Whatever I'll add you or something :)

You know for FF right, you know about ballast right? I could help you if you wanted. Because im from the FF Honda scene, team R-Spec, and we are really annoyed of all these people who wouldn't dare share their tunes! So yeah... Whatever I'll add you or something :)
Yes, I'm aware of it.
But to be honest, I've never tuned a FWD car for Indy. Therefore, I never had to use ballast.
I could do some tests, but yeah....

You can add me if you want. :)

Last edited:
Back