The Drag Tuning Bible -- v4.1 - September 2012

• Thread starter dr_slump
  • 247 comments
I don't have any additional downforce on the car.

Just to reiterate: During acceleration testing,if you go full throttle before the car shows up (any time while the screen is black) you should run consistent times. The car will launch at the same rpm because it revs up the same everytime.

After further tuning I was able to get Min/Max ride height to work well on the '70 Charger and '71 'Cuda. I had to use very different spring rates between the two (no downforce on either). But I still can't get Min/Max ride height to work on the Camaro.
What if you have a consistant slow start then?

I believe you that min/max works on non downforce cars, no discussion.

:)

I'd say it works for 1/4 and AWD.

1000m or full mile? Max/max on RWD, no discussion. Further? May be worthwhile to start sacrificing launch.

As for the "consistent slow start"... It still works to use the WFO-from-the-word-go method for testing, even if it isn't the fastest way.

When my slow consistent runs are getting faster that translates pretty well to my fast runs getting faster. I just use the consistency of the auto-launch to tell me if the new rear spring rate is faster or slower. At some point a harder launch may require a slightly different tune but this method can get you pretty close.

My time with Max/Max ride height and stock spring, damper, and rollbar settings was
0-60mph.....3.000
0-100mph...6.089
1/4mile......10.786
MaxG..........1.07

And with -25/45 ride height and stock settings
0-60mph.....3.003
0-100mph...6.095
1/4mile......10.790
MaxG..........1.07

And finally with -25/45 and custom settings
0-60mph.....3.001
0-100mph...6.091
1/4mile......10.787
MaxG..........1.08

Using manual trans and getting a decent launch my times were almost identical, Max/Max stock vs Min/Max custom. I just can't get this car to respond to suspension tuning. Not like other cars anyway. And it looks like 45/45 works just that tiny bit better than -25/45. I'm interested in any ideas anyone has.

No the car doesn't seem to bog at all. As long as you get the rpms up it slips the tires just fine.

Last edited:
Those results confuse me because they're the opposite of what I'd expect to see... Usually nose-high is a very small amount slower on launch but faster accelerating at higher speeds.

Unless the car bogged slightly with the -25/45 ride height.

Ermm…ok, I'm still completely bewildered, but…

- Max/Max ride height = More Top Speed and gives more grip at launch

- Min/Max ride height = More Grip (At launch) at the expense of top speed

- Max/Min ride height = More Top Speed at the expense of launch

???

I'm trying to get an Aristo V300 to crack 354kmh/220mph, currently managing a 219mph at the 10000m mark, and the suspension is set at 50/50, but I'm not sure if I should lower it or keep it as is, so…yea. Some insight would be appreciated.

Ermm…ok, I'm still completely bewildered, but…

- Max/Max ride height = More Top Speed and gives more grip at launch

- Min/Max ride height = More Grip (At launch) at the expense of top speed

- Max/Min ride height = More Top Speed at the expense of launch

???

I'm trying to get an Aristo V300 to crack 354kmh/220mph, currently managing a 219mph at the 10000m mark, and the suspension is set at 50/50, but I'm not sure if I should lower it or keep it as is, so…yea. Some insight would be appreciated.
Try a lower rear!

lol you don’t know me... just noticed your excellent name/location and thought you deserved a welcome :D:tup:

please answer this question / was on gt5 today some guy came into my drag room claiming to have DODGE VIPER GTS 02 sitting at 1924 bhp .now i thought he was full o ****e, but is that possible

please answer this question / was on gt5 today some guy came into my drag room claiming to have DODGE VIPER GTS 02 sitting at 1924 bhp .now i thought he was full o ****e, but is that possible

Not possible, I have a list of all the max horsepower, and that one sits at 992

Not possible, I have a list of all the max horsepower, and that one sits at 992

thanks i knew he was full of ****e mines sits at the same . And he claims there is a video on you tube aswell might go check it out and rip the p i s s out of him for his bs :)👍 Its one car i dont drag and has never been broke in had to ask

thanks i knew he was full of ****e mines sits at the same . And he claims there is a video on you tube aswell might go check it out and rip the p i s s out of him for his bs :)👍 Its one car i dont drag and has never been broke in had to ask

No problem, it's a fun car to tune, and even more fun knowing of the acr , 03, and 06 it is the slowest and so much fun when you beat all those. :)

No problem, it's a fun car to tune, and even more fun knowing of the acr , 03, and 06 it is the slowest and so much fun when you beat all those. :)

thanks m8 will try them out 👍. Never even tried to tune them or even give them a second glance witch is sad because the are good cars and fast :)

What's with the Viper SRT10 Coupé? (slooooooww) :)

And eight is right, 992hp for the GTS 02. Btw, the ACR is the strongest of them with 1031hp.

And eight is right, 992hp for the GTS 02. Btw, the ACR is the strongest of them with 1031hp.

SRT10 coupe slow? eh I guess lol , as far as I can tell it goes ACR then 03 then 06 then gts 02. But we all know that speed test results won't account for ghost lag and all, so all of those cars can beat the other I guess.

well dr slump thanks for clearing that up AGAIN :sly: i was only trying to prove a point to this stupid !"£$% on gt5 the other day if you read older post but thanks again 👍

well dr slump thanks for clearing that up AGAIN :sly: i was only trying to prove a point to this stupid !"£$% on gt5 the other day if you read older post but thanks again 👍

just to clear this more the name of the english **** that claims he has a DODGE VIPER GTS 02 sitting at 1924 bhp is DAMIANCAR :dunce: looooool

kingwallace1983
just to clear this more the name of the english **** that claims he has a DODGE VIPER GTS 02 sitting at 1924 bhp is DAMIANCAR :dunce: looooool

DAMIANCAR?? Lol he told me that his Nissan GTR had 1533 bhp, and then I beat him with my Mach 1 in tunnel drag :lol:

He also told me that his Civic has 1100 HP, in which I beat him with a STOCK civic in tunnel drag :lol: :lol:

DAMIANCAR?? Lol he told me that his Nissan GTR had 1533 bhp, and then I beat him with my Mach 1 in tunnel drag :lol:

He also told me that his Civic has 1100 HP, in which I beat him with a STOCK civic in tunnel drag :lol: :lol:

swara looooool thanks for that mate im not the only one thats met this idiot then why does he lie so much ,does he think we are all stupid :dunce:looool. and he claims his "viper gts 02 with 1924 bhp"is on youtube

kingwallace1983
swara looooool thanks for that mate im not the only one thats met this idiot then why does he lie so much ,does he think we are all stupid :dunce:looool. and he claims his "viper gts 02 with 1924 bhp"is on youtube

Lol post the link up here

Back