The Drag Tuning Bible -- v4.1 - September 2012

• Thread starter dr_slump
  • 247 comments
Oh crap! I should really update this, especially now after the release of route x, but I'm hardly motivated enough to do so.

:indiff:

dr slump is it possible to get gtr black upto 260mph for tunnel or is that just hype ,just broke it and was going to set about tunning it

A tunnel drag?
No! 243/244mph is the limit.

If you're talking about topspeed runs......the fastest I've heard of did 258mph.

A tunnel drag?
No! 243/244mph is the limit.

If you're talking about topspeed runs......the fastest I've heard of did 258mph.

ok thanks for clearing that up dude ,yes i was talking about topspeed runs ,didnt think it went much faster than my gtr 09 that hits 246 mph . alot of bs out there as you prob aware of loooooooool :)

Maybe now that we have a top speed test, info' about could be added to the "bible"?

Particularly because I have no clue how to tune for it lol

Best my Veyron ever did was 300.6.

Last edited:
Maybe now that we have a top speed test. info about could be added to the "bible"?

never even ran the gayron yet(test track) looool hate that car soooooo bad but its always good for a laugh :)

Maybe now that we have a top speed test, info' about could be added to the "bible"?

Maybe, let me think about it.

If you can't imagine what I mean with it, it's simply a step by step tuning of a car with analysing all changes a step made.
At the end, the tunes will be at the same level as other basic tunes. (So don't worry, I won't ruin the tuning of those cars ;) )

I will only do that for 3000m and 1/4mile.

3000m
- Enzo? (RWD)
- GTR 09? (AWD)
- ? (FWD)

1/4mile
- ? (RWD)
- ? (AWD)
- Civic (which one?)? (FWD)

The ? simply means that I currently don't know which car I should use.

Very thorough and informative. Nice work! 👍
Thanks! :)

Btw:
Wasn't easy to decide what, what not, and how I should write things.
Of course, I know that it's far away from being perfect and not all cars are the same. But I think it's at least helpful for all beginners.

I'll add and rewrite things from time to time, just when I'm in the mood to do so.

If someone really struggles with something, he should ask me personally. I can tell plenty of things I didn't take into account here.
Hmm, I think I should add that to the guide........

EDIT: ADDED! :D

Last edited:
im not trying to steal your thunder at all but im trying to write my own guide up, and man i admire your perseverance.. ive written so far suspension and ive taken ages to do so.

I'm still pretty new to drag racing, and I've been using mostly my Audi Le Mans quattro that launches in 1st gear, and I would like to branch out to either my enzo or speed 12. Quick noob question: What are the major changes if you plan to launch in second or third gear i.e. do I set the unused gears very long/short?, and I just shift to the gear before I launch right?

Great update, Slump.

The tuning bible is so extensive and in-depth now :embarrassed:
When it started it was just a couple paragraphs.

Keep up the great work.

Back