The Drag Tuning Bible -- v4.1 - September 2012

• Thread starter dr_slump
  • 247 comments
shift earlier in lower gears also, about 62-6500 in all gears, making better use of your power.

Thank You. Im getting my Cuda into the 9s now. Ran a 9.895 today, consistent 10.030s.

Also is 10.002 good for the SRT8 Challenger, 9.462 in the SL65 AMG (R230) 04, and a 9.745 in the 4.2 Audi R8 Quattro ? Thanks again for advice. Gonna read up on AWD (more) and FWD this week. 👍

Last edited:
Thank You. Im getting my Cuda into the 9s now. Ran a 9.895 today, consistent 10.030s.

Also is 10.002 good for the SRT8 Challenger, 9.462 in the SL65 AMG (R230) 04, and a 9.745 in the 4.2 Audi R8 Quattro ? Thanks again for advice. Gonna read up on AWD (more) and FWD this week. 👍
Don't know about the 4.2, but the 5.2 is good for 9.1 flat. Regular SRT8 (not TC) does mid 9.8s

Nice work Slump. Few people seem to understand GT5 physics like you do. You should get a job at PD.
:lol:
Shall I tell you the truth? I've been lazy since last summer and receded from the 3k drag scene. Many updates are messing with my work and even then, it never really was up to date (never bad, just not the absolute top edge of tuning measured against my very high aspirations).
In the meantime I also was more than a half year in the army. Now I'm back and have absolutely zero motivation to do anything drag related. All that hacking stuff and tons of people driving around in cars using the secret parts (which didn't get patched) kinda gave it the rest.

My GT5 drag racing time is over, but no worries! I can't wait for GT6 and I'll be back then.
I won't join the 1/4 scene though, unless they add propper drag modes in GT6, following I'll again do some "underground" SSR7 like drag stuff (and drifting, heck I even was in team nismo untill we retired, and tons of circuit racing and circuit tuning of course)
:dopey:

Thx for your nice words anyway! :)

EDIT: Planning a final v5 update for GT5 just about when GT6 is going to launch (hopefully without any game changing updates). I'll proceed then with v6 for GT6.

Last edited:
Back